Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fazzyfox

Still a Record Breaking Season?

OK, we won’t be breaking that points record after all but I’ve spotted a potential joint club record.

It struck me that 4 draws is low, it is in fact after extensive research, cough (Wikipedia), our joint lowest, achieved on just 5 previous occasions (name ‘em statto’s). Worth a lap of honour in itself :dunno:. I do however have a gut feeling Blackburn could be a draw, if they need a point and our line up becomes a little weaker to give others a game / on the beach. 

Any other records? Were we indeed the most expensively assembled squad at this level, did we have the most expensively assembled set of players on a subs bench at times this season? Most goals by someone Vardys age (found Kevin Phillips scoring 17 in all competitions at Blackpool aged 38, would need to see how many were league goals)? Vardy’s XG vs goals scored ratio at Bristol City an all time worst?

Winks and Vesty for most passes to each other? 

The general consensus may be “couldn’t give a Monkeys” and whilst points are points however you earn them this stat points to those few late winners turning draws to wins being the key difference. You can also say we should have drawn some of those annoying defeats but however you look at it four is a very low figure.

#rainysundaymorningthreadsaboutasbadasinternationalbreakthreads

AA0B900E-F573-4144-A5E9-0E5ED9768DF3.jpeg.2c0ba78073d312624eac408935688061.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The record 8th title is the only one worth getting excited about. Not going to be broken for a long long long time.

Or unless Man City get relegated for their many indiscretions. :ph34r:

11 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The record 8th title is the only one worth getting excited about. Not going to be broken for a long long long time.

It also makes Vardy officially our most successful ever player right? As he’ll have 1 Championship title over Kasper, Wes and now Albrighton too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

You mean next season after Man C get relegated for breaches of FFP😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, CheeseHead said:

...and the 'Go on admit you were wrong' thread must have broken all kinds of cringe-worthiness records!

Particularly with those who went onto the 'go on admit you were wrong thread' to tell us all how they'd been right all along.  

13 minutes ago, Corky said:

I know, have we ever won more at home than 17 in a season?

No according to Wikipedia that's the record set by NP team.

So we can beat it with a win against Blackburn.

We can also match the away record with a win tomorrow.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Thanks 1

I do think we should have broke the record but I won't get into that debate again. 

How incredible that Reading record is though. I think if we aren't beating it then no one is to be honest. I can't see a squad of this value and depth going down again. Especially now with caps. 

• Like 1