Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
13 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

This is so Foxestalk.  I suspect many of these negative comments come from the same people that write Vardy off.  He got zero service last night.

 

 

Vardy at least looked much better than him from the off, plus it was a division above, plus he had a pedigree of scoring for fun at every level he played at prior to Leicester. Garbage comparison mate. 

  • Like 1
Posted
54 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

This is so Foxestalk.  I suspect many of these negative comments come from the same people that write Vardy off.  He got zero service last night.

 

 

I thought the same when he received so much praise for scoring a hattrick against Fulham school boys. 

 

He will need more time to settle, there's no doubts about that but I struggle to see any positive aspects to his game. The fact he was given the number 9 shirt makes me think he was signed to hit the ground running. The fact he's struggled to get into match day squads when we have limited options suggests he shite in training too. 

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

This is so Foxestalk.  I suspect many of these negative comments come from the same people that write Vardy off.  He got zero service last night.

 

 

lollol

 

Got to be trolling.

 

He could lead the line for Man City or Barcelona and probably still not get a shot on target.

 

Hes absolute dross.

Edited by adejo92
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Posted
22 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Such an unbelievably lazy trope.

Really?  So I am mistaken no one wrote Vardy off initially.  Apologies.

Posted
37 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Really?  So I am mistaken no one wrote Vardy off initially.  Apologies.


I attended home and away with 6 mates for the years surrounding Vardy’s signing.

 

For half a dozen games or so there were certainly discussions in our group about whether we’d just thrown £1m away. He definitely wasn’t an instant success (although playing him on the wing didn’t help!)

  • Like 1
Posted
41 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:


I attended home and away with 6 mates for the years surrounding Vardy’s signing.

 

For half a dozen games or so there were certainly discussions in our group about whether we’d just thrown £1m away. He definitely wasn’t an instant success (although playing him on the wing didn’t help!)

Correct. But Bristic isn't coming in from a season or two of scoring 30+ goals, regardless of the level of football he's been playing at.

  • Like 3
Posted
On 07/10/2026 at 11:21, mozartfox said:

This is so Foxestalk.  I suspect many of these negative comments come from the same people that write Vardy off.  He got zero service last night.

 

 

I always backed Vardy personally. Go back and check that one. However, that needs to be dropped now. It's okay to criticise a player without the whole "what did you say about Vardy at first". I think after the rubbish we've been through it's fair for fans to criticise. Lots of signings we've made in recent seasons, I criticised at the time, only for someone to call me out and say "give them time" (Skipp as an example). 

 

I will be surprised if Bristric will be any good for us. His goalscoring record was poor before us. Even if you do compare signing Vardy at least he knew how to score goals. It shows that we signed another striker that came straight into the team and has scored a couple.

  • Like 2
Posted
5 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Really?  So I am mistaken no one wrote Vardy off initially.  Apologies.

Im just going to assume you're related to Bristric at this point.

  • Sad 1
Posted
On 07/10/2026 at 12:30, adejo92 said:

lollol

 

Got to be trolling.

 

He could lead the line for Man City or Barcelona and probably still not get a shot on target.

 

Hes absolute dross.

i am pretty sure, russell did not say..........."look if you sign we will pass it around at the back most the game, and constantly let the opposition get every man behind the ball at every attack, that by the way will always will come from out wide threaded through a needle of 10 defenders.  we really are not playing the type of football that most strikers demand = a bit of space, he has none

Posted
4 minutes ago, Headcase said:

i am pretty sure, russell did not say..........."look if you sign we will pass it around at the back most the game, and constantly let the opposition get every man behind the ball at every attack, that by the way will always will come from out wide threaded through a needle of 10 defenders.  we really are not playing the type of football that most strikers demand = a bit of space, he has none

He's shit.

 

Riis played a third of the game and got a goal.

 

Im bored of the whole "gets no service" nonsense.

  • Like 1
Posted
6 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Really?  So I am mistaken no one wrote Vardy off initially.  Apologies.

Vardy wrote himself off not long into his time with us if I recall correctly 

  • Like 1
Posted
1 hour ago, adejo92 said:

He's shit.

 

Riis played a third of the game and got a goal.

 

Im bored of the whole "gets no service" nonsense.

the whole team upped the game marginally,  and was forced into trying to get something out the game, its hard to judge him, at this point, but even if there is a player in there, we will probably knock that out of him, its what we do.

Posted
7 hours ago, 5waller5 said:


I attended home and away with 6 mates for the years surrounding Vardy’s signing.

 

For half a dozen games or so there were certainly discussions in our group about whether we’d just thrown £1m away. He definitely wasn’t an instant success (although playing him on the wing didn’t help!)

To be fair, the conversations around vardy were about if he would be able to score goals at the level. His overall game was still okay. I remember saying to a friend (non fan ) that he would win you a lot of corners but didn’t have the finish. 
 

Bristic is struggling with the overall gameplay, so I’m not sure if it’s as simple as thinking with time he’ll improve. I’m not writing him off but I think that part of the game won’t suddenly improve because it’s more fundamentals. If he was busy but missing chances… I’d have far more reason to believe he could cut it with some confidence 

  • Like 1
Posted

Sometimes straight away you can tell a player is just not very good. Theres not really much more to it. 
 

The first 5 minutes of Coulibalys debut I knew he was absolutely shite and what has he turned out to be? Shite. 
 

 

  • Thanks 1
Posted
2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

To be fair, the conversations around vardy were about if he would be able to score goals at the level. His overall game was still okay. I remember saying to a friend (non fan ) that he would win you a lot of corners but didn’t have the finish. 
 

Bristic is struggling with the overall gameplay, so I’m not sure if it’s as simple as thinking with time he’ll improve. I’m not writing him off but I think that part of the game won’t suddenly improve because it’s more fundamentals. If he was busy but missing chances… I’d have far more reason to believe he could cut it with some confidence 

I’m writing him off, he has absolutely zero positive attributes. I shudder to think what the scouting process was that led to signing him, he’s this season’s Carranza but we can’t send him back.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...