Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lichfieldfox.

Kisnorbo

Thoughts on this one folks?

Generally I'm not in favour of -ve protests but not having seen this bloke do any good other than briefly at LB I can't see a case for selection. What worrys me most is Tiatto in a recent MD programme stated he'd choose him to build a team around! Maybe CL believes him which would be worrying indeed.

Generally I'm not in favour of -ve protests but not having seen this bloke do any good other than briefly at LB I can't see a case for selection. What worrys me most is Tiatto in a recent MD programme stated he'd choose him to build a team around! Maybe CL believes him which would be worrying indeed.

I'd choose him to build a big fence around to stop the useless tossbag getting anywhere near the pitch

Tell you what don't bother going.

Pri*k.

Why does everyone hate Kisnorbo so much?

So he isn't Gerrard and doesn't pass the ball like Beckham or run at the opposing team like Zidane but here's some news for you. We are currently a bottom end of the championship club. Some of the clubs around us would love to have a guy like him playing for them.

Craig Levein needs to play Kisnorbo at left back. He is the best out and out defensive option for our club in that position at the minute. He's better than Maybury there as he looks more comfortable.

Okay so he isn't my preferred option at left back as I'd rather see Alan Sheehan playing, but at the minute we need to play with a tight ship, which unfortunately for all of Sheehan's attacking quality's we do have better defensive left backs.

Why does everyone hate Kisnorbo so much?

So he isn't Gerrard and doesn't pass the ball like Beckham or run at the opposing team like Zidane but here's some news for you. We are currently a bottom end of the championship club. Some of the clubs around us would love to have a guy like him playing for them.

Craig Levein needs to play Kisnorbo at left back. He is the best out and out defensive option for our club in that position at the minute. He's better than Maybury there as he looks more comfortable.

Okay so he isn't my preferred option at left back as I'd rather see Alan Sheehan playing, but at the minute we need to play with a tight ship, which unfortunately for all of Sheehan's attacking quality's we do have better defensive left backs.

Because peoeple need to blame someone for our problems.

I reckon getting to the ground early, waiting for his name to be read out and then just walking out of the stadium is a bit irrational, to be honest.

He's 95% likely to start tomorrow - best to go, support the team and then bite your lip hard whenever he gives away possession.

Because peoeple need to blame someone for our problems.

But why single out Kisnorbo? I think Joe Hammill has put in some poor performances, and he's playing in position!!!!

Sylla is another example of a play not willing to play for our club.

At least Kisnorbo trys. At the minute in our current position we need players who want to win.

So unfortuantely as much as I hate to say this, that would normally mean playing Tiatto as well if he was fit.

The reason I don't like Kisnorbo is the same reason why I don't like Momo Sylla, Rab Douglas and Mark de Vries. That reason is because they keep out better players than them in the team.

Paul Henderson is better than Rab Douglas

Momo Sylla could be replaced with naybody and I think Levein might well do that for good now.

Iain Hume is twice the player de Vries is and he shouldn't ever start a football game for us again.

The same with Kisnorbo, yes he can do a job (a very poor standard job, but still i'd rather have him in the squad than the likes of Gemmill, Hignett or Wise) but he's nowhere near as talented or effective as Wesolowski, Gudjonsson, Williams and Hughes. I hope Kisnorbo is seen as back-up in defence and midfield but only in emergencies.

You should try betting SLY cos that's a pretty good treble....the three players who categorically don't deserve to wear a City shirt.

If Levein had eliminated them from his selection process then we might have had a few more points. His problem with Sylla though is we don't have a replacement unless Lee Morris comes through fit.

But, as with every other weakness, its been apparent for ages and the boss should have done something about it.

You should try betting SLY cos that's a pretty good treble....the three players who categorically don't deserve to wear a City shirt.

If Levein had eliminated them from his selection process then we might have had a few more points. His problem with Sylla though is we don't have a replacement unless Lee Morris comes through fit.

But, as with every other weakness, its been apparent for ages and the boss should have done something about it.

He now has Stephen Hughes back and with the rest of the central midfielders fit I think he should play on the wing with either Gudjonsson and Williams in the centre or Wesolowski and Williams in the centre and the magical Smith on the left. Hume and Fryatt up front with a back four of Stearman, McCarthy, Gerrbrand and Sheehan and Henderson in goal. Good god I got carried away there and for a minute thought we had a team capable of winning a few matches.

Nope.

Why don't we play Hammond, Hughes, Maybury or even Hume on the right side of midfield instead of Sylla though. We do have other options for the right hand side of midfield.

I'd love to see the likes of Wesolowski and Sheehan playing week in week out.

I think it's 50/50 between Douglas and Henderson. I've been quite impressed with Henderson when I've seen him but to be fair to Rab, he's looked better recently.

What do you think of Gerrbrand, Sheehan or even Maybury playing in midfield?

Any thoughts?

What the point?

Sheehan is a left footer so he'd have to play at left midfield and Smith plays there. Maybury isn't good enough to play on the wing and considering we already have 5 central midfielders fighting for 2 positions he's not going to get in there and neither is Gerrbrand. We're not struggling for central midfielders it's a decent right winger we need.

What the point?

Sheehan is a left footer so he'd have to play at left midfield and Smith plays there. Maybury isn't good enough to play on the wing and considering we already have 5 central midfielders fighting for 2 positions he's not going to get in there and neither is Gerrbrand. We're not struggling for central midfielders it's a decent right winger we need.

Fair point.

Smith is only here on loan remember. He'll never sign for us permantely.

Maybe Sheehan is the long term answer to our left midfield slot with Wesolowski and Hughes in the centre?

I'm just banding ideas about.

The reason I don't like Kisnorbo is the same reason why I don't like Momo Sylla, Rab Douglas and Mark de Vries. That reason is because they keep out better players than them in the team.

Momo Sylla could be replaced with naybody and I think Levein might well do that for good now.

Iain Hume is twice the player de Vries is and he shouldn't ever start a football game for us again.

The same with Kisnorbo, yes he can do a job (a very poor standard job, but still i'd rather have him in the squad than the likes of Gemmill, Hignett or Wise) but he's nowhere near as talented or effective as Wesolowski, Gudjonsson, Williams and Hughes. I hope Kisnorbo is seen as back-up in defence and midfield but only in emergencies.

really don’t know about Sylla. I think he's a better player then he's performances suggest and he could be capable of a Joey type turnaround next season. Out of all the players getting the blame for our bad performances, I'd say he's got the talent to changer our opinions. He's been poor this season 90% of the time; I bet he puts in a few decent performances in Egypt.

Hamil on the other hand looks out of his depth in this league and this has been reflected in him being dropped despite his love child status. In five years he may be a half decent championship player if he gets down the gym.

Kisnorbo, pfff Not great but he is a centre back IMO. Levein has basically uprooted him from his natural postion and tried to re-form him as a Centre mid player. He hasn’t looked bad the few times he’s played at the back. He just doesn’t have the vision or the talent to play in the midfield, anywhere.

All three do get abused bit to much, there not bad squad players to be fair. They don’t pick themselves remember is not them who should be booed before they kick a ball.

You could always play Stearman on the right with Maybury behind him and Sheehan on the left with Smith.

A bit defensive right sided but Stearman likes to get forward. He would also add extra height to our defence and attack at set pieces.

really don’t know about Sylla. I think he's a better player then he's performances suggest and he could be capable of a Joey type turnaround next season. Out of all the players getting the blame for our bad performances, I'd say he's got the talent to changer our opinions. He's been poor this season 90% of the time; I bet he puts in a few decent performances in Egypt.

Hamil on the other hand looks out of his depth in this league and this has been reflected in him being dropped despite his love child status. In five years he may be a half decent championship player if he gets down the gym.

Kisnorbo, pfff Not great but he is a centre back IMO. Levein has basically uprooted him from his natural postion and tried to re-form him as a Centre mid player. He hasn’t looked bad the few times he’s played at the back. He just doesn’t have the vision or the talent to play in the midfield, anywhere.

All three do get abused bit to much, there not bad squad players to be fair. They don’t pick themselves remember is not them who should be booed before they kick a ball.

Finally.........someone who agrees with me.

I agree with your point about Sylla. I does have so much talent. Its a shame he seems so lazy.

as I've said before when used in defence, his natural position, kisnorbo looks a decent player, even his passing improves (slightly, maybe its a comfort thing) but he looks like the proverbial fish out of water in midfield!

so I'd play him at left back play Hughes and Williams together tomorrow (as joey is suspended and Wesolowski isn't ready to start) with Hammond on the right (he has good skill and loads of pace) and Smith obviously on the left.

will be interesting to see what his team selection is for this must win home match.

im betting a long ball with devries upfront , kisnorbo might be in there somewhere but considering craig likes to pick team selections at random who knows where? :blink:

You're not serious about de Vries are you ? He's a totally different player than Hume, and he's our top scorer, I agree Hume is a good player, but they have different roles in the team.

You cant lay the blame for our situation at one players door, Kisnorbo is very poor but then so is Joe Hamill, Momo and Rab. The only good point I can see with Kis is that he puts in 100% whereas Momo very definately doesnt.

The question of leaving the ground if Kisnorbo is in the side is a completely ludicrous one.

You're not serious about de Vries are you ? He's a totally different player than Hume, and he's our top scorer, I agree Hume is a good player, but they have different roles in the team.

The tactics we employ don't suit De Vries. If you play the ball to his feet or chest he'll control it and use his strength to his advantage. Thats the game we should play with him. Its what we did against Spurs and it work.

We insist on banging the ball long to his head and the guy simple can't head a ball.

Why do people believe the myth that if your tall you can head a ball?

de Vries might be our top scorer but I don't rate him, he's far too inconsistent. He also hinders the team as a whole because when he plays, the rest of them team tend to hoof the ball instead of passing it around. Might not be his fault, but I think we're better off without him.

Archived