Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

What are you reading at the moment?

Hadnt read a proper book for years until the last few weeks. Read "The Bourne Identity" whilst I was Africa and really enjoyed it. Completely threw me when it differed so much from the films but that was a nice surprise as I believed I was going to know everything that happened in it. Must be a good book to have kept me interested anyway as I havnt managed to get through a book for years but flew through this everytime i picked it up. Bought the next one from waterstones the other day and have just started reading that.

Child44.jpg

Absolutely amazing book. Fantastically written and hard to put down.

i really enjoyed it, not your typically 'crime' novel... the sequel was pretty average tho, not bothered with the third, but might if i find it cheap some where...

what happened to the original 'books' thread?

game-of-thrones-book-1-of-a-song-of-ice-and-fire.jpg

Because the T.V series was the best thing I've ever seen.

I finished reading this while on holiday. A great book. The TV series was quality too but having read the book I feel they could have done more with the final chapters of the book in the TV series. It needed to be 12 episodes rather than 10 imo and felt rushed at the end. Jaime's capture for example wasn't made much of in the series but was a significant part of the book.

Here's hoping they don't sacrifice too much in the following TV series, which is currently filming at the moment!

I need to get through book 2 and 3 before April. :thumbup:

game-of-thrones-book-1-of-a-song-of-ice-and-fire.jpg

Because the T.V series was the best thing I've ever seen.

Same here... Great book, currently reading:

51uB90%2BxrSL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

He lies... LIES i tells YA!!!

719936.jpg

There is no way this is "portable" fooking thing weighs a ton and wont fit in my pocket... apart from that... BRILLIANT!

Damn right, it's HUUUGE, but very good!

Been going through George Orwell's books. Enjoyed "Animal Farm" and loved "Nineteen Eighty Four" so much that I decided to go through his back catalogue as there aren't many.

Just finished his excellent debut "Burmese Days" and am currently reading "Keep The Aspidistra Flying". Love his writing style.

i really enjoyed it, not your typically 'crime' novel... the sequel was pretty average tho, not bothered with the third, but might if i find it cheap some where...

what happened to the original 'books' thread?

I've just got the sequel, The Secret Speech from the Library, might not bother with it now if it's pretty average.

I've got these 2 to be getting on with..

THours.jpg

Beat+the+Reaper+UK.jpg

Currently reading Assassin by Tom Cain. 3rd instalment of the Samuel Carver series. Like Andy McNab's Nick Stone only better.

The first book is called The Accident Man and is based on the death of an British Princess in a car crash in a Paris underpass. Superb stuff.