Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

What are you reading at the moment?

9780091896744.jpg

About half way through this at the minute, supprising what happens if you just say yes to every question given. Really enjoying it. Bit different to the film like.

in the fact that the book is actually pretty good! :)

I'm currently reading 2 books, the Hunger Games trilogy (soon to be a film) thry read kinda like a cross between Battle Royale and Twilight (no I haven't read Twilight) by that I mean it is a bit teen fiction, but set around quite a bloody premise, I am reading them in Spanish so I can't read anything too complicated, but I would reccommend them to anybody looking for some light reading and likes novels about the brutal killing of teenagers for entertainment.

The other book I'm reading is the The Finkler Question, which is a bit pretentious and self obsessed, but has become much more enjoyable since I gave my inner voices for the characters comedy Jewish accents (the main characters are Jews, or want to be, so it is not a random thing to do, but I imagine that it could work in all books).

Edited by Captain Shrapnel

• 2 weeks later...

i+want+my+hat+back.jpg

By far and away the best kiddy book... ever!

Even if you don't have kids, pop into Waterstones and read this (in the Children's section), it'll take you about 2 mins... but the twist is brilliant. Too good for kids!

Just finished the Crippled God - stephen erikson - Malazan series.

Fantastic series. I've never read a series which such a massive cast of different peoples. I'm sure that I could read it again now and still not appreciate the whole story as it should be.

Highly recommended to Sci-Fantasy nuts like myself.

Now reading George RR Martin's 5th book in the Game of Thrones series.

Recently finished reading...

31FBFTZJD3L._AA160_.jpg

and...

51asvHGa7EL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The first was excellent and the second was a book in the collection of books that were on the shelf in my holiday cottage last week (which contained the obligatory 2nd part of a trilogy, 1960s "topical" general interest book and seriously highbrow commentary.) It was a surprisingly decent book, though curiously, the sci-fi written in the 70s (Lifeship) was for more dated than the one written in the 50s (The Naked Sun.)

game-of-thrones-book-1-of-a-song-of-ice-and-fire.jpg

Because the T.V series was the best thing I've ever seen.

I really shouldn't have started reading this, but also saw the TV show and thought it was amazing.

The books are even more amazing, but completely addictive. I read Game of Thrones and a Clash of Kings during the end of last year and start this this year and then very quickly read A Storm of Swords (both parts) this month so far, just started A Feast for Crows.

Love how unpredictable it is too, although do hate some of the outcomes for some characters, not exactly hollywood stuff.

It get's much more addictive from the latter half of ACoK I found. Really want to finish it all but I don't think the last 2 books are even out yet - epic series!

Edited by danny.

I really shouldn't have started reading this, but also saw the TV show and thought it was amazing.

The books are even more amazing, but completely addictive. I read Game of Thrones and a Clash of Kings during the end of last year and start this this year and then very quickly read A Storm of Swords (both parts) this month so far, just started A Feast for Crows.

Love how unpredictable it is too, although do hate some of the outcomes for some characters, not exactly hollywood stuff.

It get's much more addictive from the latter half of ACoK I found. Really want to finish it all but I don't think the last 2 books are even out yet - epic series!

Need to get back into this, I never got into book 5 after I finished book 4. Had just finished uni for xmas and just never got round to it. Think I'm going to pick it up from book 2 and try and get that out of the way before the new series is on telly.

Just finished this:

generation-a1.jpg

Typicla Coupland, very enjoyable, but not his best work, see Jpod and All Families Are Psychotic for his best, his books always tend to leave you with your head spinning and full of ideas, but never really quite satisified with any of them. It is a mixture of despair at the human race, but triumph of the individuals.