Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

What are you reading at the moment?

Love Bill Bryson!! Down Under probably my fave!

Just finished One Day. Not bad. Watching the film tomorrow, not expecting much.

Yep Down Under is brilliant as well.

I just bought One Day as well, not read it yet though,

Edited by MikeyT

i assume its nothing like the film i saw,where the letter M was missing from mass(yes there is a film)SHIT its instruction not destruction i feel so foolish now!

:D No, none of that business going on! I hope the guys in that film rubbered up. Otherwise there's a possibility of crap up the Jap and that's just asking for trouble.

Yep Down Under is brilliant as well.

I just bought One Day as well, not read it yet though,

Just read that. Thought it was OK, got better as it went. Some people love it but I wouldn't go that far.

Saw the film yesterday. Decent, bit rushed, strange casting, but better than I anticipated.

I've just got the sequel, The Secret Speech from the Library, might not bother with it now if it's pretty average.

no, it is good, if you like his style and the characters it's a must read but, without giving too much away, the plot is not so realistic and it's a bit of a stretch of the imagination - at least compared to the excellence of the first book. but do read it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Was watching "wonders of the universe" earlier and he was talking about time running down and at the end, everything in our universe will literally burn out etc and be done with. Made me think it all just seems so pointless in the grand scheme (guess it fepends on what you think that scheme maybe aha) lol and where the future of mankind lies if we make it that far into the future. Went down to waterstones and found this that looks like it may be interesting.

parall.jpg

Edited by samlcfc

Was watching "wonders of the universe" earlier and he was talking about time running down and at the end, everything in our universe will literally burn out etc and be done with. Made me think it all just seems so pointless in the grand scheme (guess it fepends on what you think that scheme maybe aha) lol and where the future of mankind lies if we make it that far into the future. Went down to waterstones and found this that looks like it may be interesting.

parall.jpg

Does this book have any pictures!!

Currently reading Foxestalk!!

• 1 month later...

239056-L.jpg

Just finished reading this by James Dickey (Deliverance).

About a U.S. airman shot down in Japan during a WWII bombing raid and follows his attempts to make it to the snowy mountainous area of Japan. The kind of story that would usually follow a heroic character but the main protagonist is a murderous, Alaskan outdoorsman.

Really good, excellent character study.

Edited by 21st Century Fox