Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc66

Ideas for Players for 2006/7 HERE -

I swear we've been linked with Andy Johnson every Summer for the past 5 years now, never impressed me though. I'd welcome David Thompson, I imagine Rob would have been at Blackburn when Thompson was there so it's a possibility, suprised Wigan released him.

I swear we've been linked with Andy Johnson every Summer for the past 5 years now, never impressed me though. I'd welcome David Thompson, I imagine Rob would have been at Blackburn when Thompson was there so it's a possibility, suprised Wigan released him.

He was only ever there on a short term contract anyway. Seems he had a few injury problems during his time.

"Thommo is a good little player, but he has found it difficult, in particular as he has had a couple of niggly injuries.

"But he is very unlucky because you could see what he's capable of at Arsenal."

- Paul Jewell

Wigan release Thompson and Henchoz

Year agree that Thompson would be a great signing but i think we need to concentrate more on the left wing of the team, because we have decent cover on the right already with Hughes/Maybury/Sylla.

How about Chris Eagles, can play either side of midfield and is currently on loan at Watford from Man Utd. Try and get him on a season long loan if Watford dont want to sign him, which i doubt they will

Year agree that Thompson would be a great signing but i think we need to concentrate more on the left wing of the team, because we have decent cover on the right already with Hughes/Maybury/Sylla.

How about Chris Eagles, can play either side of midfield and is currently on loan at Watford from Man Utd. Try and get him on a season long loan if Watford dont want to sign him, which i doubt they will

I wouldn't call them three decent cover!

I wouldn't call them three decent cover!

Year i agree they arnt of the highest quality, and i am personally one of Sylla's biggest critics, but all three will do a half decent job, especially Hughes after he has had a decent pre season under his belt. Expecting a big season off him next year. But when you have no money to spend on transfers or wages then you have to prioritise, and i personally feel the left hand side of midfield needs adding to more than the right

Plus Thompson will be on quite high wages and i can guarantee there will a few clubs looking at him with a bigger wage structure than ourselves

I would be very happy if we could pick up Lee Cook of QPR cheaply. He really is a quality player at this level. In a better side, ie us next year, he would become even better.

I have watched him play against us home & away for the last 2 seasons and in my eyes has always been the best player. That may not be difficult being QPR but would be well chuffed if we snapped him up.

Another player that I admire at this level and think we should try and pursue even if it is on a loan basis is Paul Gallagher of Blackburn who was loaned to Stoke. The lad is class at this level. With youth, skill and endevour he could really add to Rob Kellys squad. Anyone know of his transfer status at the moment!

I would be very happy if we could pick up Lee Cook of QPR cheaply. He really is a quality player at this level. In a better side, ie us next year, he would become even better.

I have watched him play against us home & away for the last 2 seasons and in my eyes has always been the best player. That may not be difficult being QPR but would be well chuffed if we snapped him up.

Another player that I admire at this level and think we should try and pursue even if it is on a loan basis is Paul Gallagher of Blackburn who was loaned to Stoke. The lad is class at this level. With youth, skill and endevour he could really add to Rob Kellys squad. Anyone know of his transfer status at the moment!

I bet he'll be avaliable on loan next season cos blackburn have bellamy, kuqi and dickov ahead of him. Plus they have pedersen an attacking winger and are currently in the market for a striker, possibly Chelseas gudjohnsen!

To be honest on the Sky games that I saw Sky on he was playing on the wing or in an attacking midfield role not as a striker. At Blackburn he didnt make an impact there and once loaned out has excelled in this new position.

I like him. I would definately make my interest known (loan) to Blackburn before another championship team. Him or Welsh? I know who I would prefer

Good call about Cook. I posted him as a suggestion a week or so back when the media hinted that QPR would be willing to let him go for a small fee along with Bircham and a few others. Quality left winger, best suggestion so far in terms of potential wingers for us.

Good call about Cook. I posted him as a suggestion a week or so back when the media hinted that QPR would be willing to let him go for a small fee along with Bircham and a few others. Quality left winger, best suggestion so far in terms of potential wingers for us.

The QPR fans love him, I think they may finally lynch their nob head of a chairman if Cook goes for a small fee. Your quite correct however it is a very good shout.

Stefani Migolaranzi on a free :D once desribed by Chris Kamara as " The most techincally gifted player in League One "......... Maybe not then.

Pompey release keeper Westerveld

Portmouth will not offer a new contract to former Dutch international goalkeeper Sander Westerveld.

The 31-year-old joined Fratton Park on a one-year deal from Real Mallorca last summer but Pompey boss Harry Redknapp has decided not to renew his contract.

Westerveld has fallen below Dean Kiely and Jamie Ashdown in the pecking order at Fratton Park and only made seven appearances for the club.

Redknapp has also told striker Collins Mbesuma, 21, he can find a new club.

The Zambia forward arrived from South Africa champions Kaizer Chiefs last August for £500,000 on a three-year deal.

But Mbesuma made only four substitute appearances for former boss Alain Perrin and has not figured at all for Redknapp since he took over in December.

Redknapp is planning to boost his squad over the summer and will head to France and Italy in the next few days to search for potential new signings.

He is also keeping a close watch on Wigan's £4m-rated Senegal striker Henri Camara, who he signed on loan for Southampton last July.

BBC.co.uk link

Pompey release keeper Westerveld

Portmouth will not offer a new contract to former Dutch international goalkeeper Sander Westerveld.

The 31-year-old joined Fratton Park on a one-year deal from Real Mallorca last summer but Pompey boss Harry Redknapp has decided not to renew his contract.

Westerveld has fallen below Dean Kiely and Jamie Ashdown in the pecking order at Fratton Park and only made seven appearances for the club.

Redknapp has also told striker Collins Mbesuma, 21, he can find a new club.

The Zambia forward arrived from South Africa champions Kaizer Chiefs last August for £500,000 on a three-year deal.

But Mbesuma made only four substitute appearances for former boss Alain Perrin and has not figured at all for Redknapp since he took over in December.

Redknapp is planning to boost his squad over the summer and will head to France and Italy in the next few days to search for potential new signings.

He is also keeping a close watch on Wigan's £4m-rated Senegal striker Henri Camara, who he signed on loan for Southampton last July.

BBC.co.uk link

I'd be keen to take that Collins Mbesuma on loan for a few months and get rid of Elvis. I've not seen him play mind you, but he had rave reviews when they signed him.

Released Players as of today:

Released players

gdfdfdfdfdffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffdfdfdfdfdfdfdfffff

Here is the total list of released players after the 05-06 season. The list will be updated with new players as they are released by their current clubs.

PREMIERSHIP

Birmingham City - Chris Sutton, Jamie Clapham, Stan Lazaridis, Nico Vaesen, Mario Melchiot, Sam Alsop, Chris Cottrill, James Dormand, Carl Motteram,

Bolton Wanderers - Bruno N'Gotty, Jay Jay Okocha, Bedi Buval, Khalilou Fadiga, Matt Jansen, Oscar Perez

Everton - Duncan Ferguson, Lie Tie, Jay Harris, Paul Hopkins, Chris Sargeant, Laurence Wilson, Sean Wright, Steven Wynne

Manchester City - David Sommeil, Geert de Vlieger, Mikkel Bischoff, Tuomas Happala, Ian Bennett, Karl Bermingham, Paul Collins, Michael Ward

Portsmouth - Sander Westerveld

Wigan Athletic - Stephan Henchoz, David Thompson,

CHAMPIONSHIP

Leicester City - Lee Morris

Coventry City - Dennis Wise, Richard Shaw, Graham Barrett,

Ipswich Town - Leroy Sita, Jim Magilton

QPR - Richard Langley, George Santos, Sammy Youssouf, Marcin Kus, Ryan Johnson, Luke Townsend

Southampton - Darren Kenton, Marian Pahars, Jim Brennan, Craig Richards, Eddie Anaclet

Sheffield Wednesday - Drissa Diallo, Jon-Paul McGovern, Richie Partridge

Wolves - Darren Anderton, Stefan Postma, Maurice Ross, Vio Ganea

DIVISION 1

Chesterfield - Jamie Jackson, Jamie Lowry, Tcham N'Toya, Colin Heath

Colchester United - Sam Stockley, Gareth Williams, Stephen Hunt, Tony Thorpe

Doncaster Rovers - Leo Fortune West, Alun Armstrong, Mark Albrighton, Jermaine McSporran, Simon Marples, Richard Offiong

Bristol City - Nathan Abbey, Clayton Fortune, Ryan Harley, Bas Savage

Bradford City - Lee Crooks, Darren Holloway, Steve Claridge, Andy Cooke, Tom Kearney, Owen Morrison, Jamie Smith

Gillingham - Chris Hope, Richard Rose, Jonathan Wallis, Gavin Grant, Akwasi Fobi Edusei

Hartlepool United - Hugh Robertson, James Winter, Neil Wilkinson, Jack Wilkinson, Steven Istead, Darren Craddock, Andy Appleby

Nottingham Forest - Paul Gerrard, Gareth Taylor, Eugene Bopp, Paul Evans, Eugene Dadi

Oldham Athletic - David Eyres

Southend United - Bart Griemink, Andy Edwards,

Tranmere Rovers - Mark Rankine

Walsall - Paul Devlin, Taivo Atieno, Dean Coleman, Andy Oakes, Simon Osborn,

DIVISION 2

Rochdale - Tony Gallimore, Lee Cartwright, Blair Sturrock, Neil Brisco, Scott Warner, Ben Kitchen

Barnet - Damien Batt, Louie Soares, Luke Hickle, Ben Bowditch, Lee Roache

Bristol Rovers - John Anderson, Chris Edwards, Jon Bass,

Carlisle United - Mark Rivers

Chester City - Paul Harrison, Scott McNiven, Craig Dove, Justin Walker, Paul Tait

Barnet - Ben Stevens

Macclesfield Town - Mark Bailey, Clyde Wijnhard, Kevin Townson, Michael Briscoe, Tim Deasy,

Northampton Town - David Rowson, Jason Lee, Gavin Johnson, Luke Graham, Matthew Gearing

Oxford United - Jon Ashton, Jamie Brooks, Bradie Clarke, Mark E'Beyer, Stuart Gray, Matt Robinson, Leo Roget

Shrewsbury Town - Jamie McClen, Stuart Whitehead, Kevin Sharp, Jay Denny, Lance Cronin, Richard Evans

Stockport County - Matt Hamshaw, Harpal Singh, Danny Boshell, Mickael Wolski, Zeke Tomlinson, Jamie Kay

Guest seanfox778

i see man city released that tuomas happala i guess he didn't do to well in his trial

for us

Archived