Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

2 signings

Pleased with these two signings.

We've been after AJ for years! I'm sure MON wanted him at one point. He's always impressed me for West Brom, just the player we needed.

I know little about Low but we needed a winger so I'm pleased.

We've been linked with AJ for years now. Great signing, know nothing about this J Lo geez, but fingers crossed we don't have a hammil on both wings now :(

MON wanted AJ & Eadie once but the board would only sanction one of the transfers. Or so i was lead to believe at the time. :thumbup:

So my "Unconfirmed Rumour" was right even though it has been removed. :huh::unsure::whistle::whistle::ph34r:;):thumbup:

Unconfirmed Rumour about something Unconfirmed ?

how can you be right if its an Unconfirmed Rumour?

BREAKING NEWS We have an Unconfirmed Rumour that we are about to get someone soon!

blah blah blah

Low sounds abit similar to Sylla though, according to cobblers fans he's an enigma, which is what I have often described Sylla as. He's on a free though and i'll give him a chance but it's not got the ticker going with this one.

Johnson seems an astute signing, always hated him which is because he's been one of those players who you hate when your teams playing against. Tenacious and often very good.

I'm not gonna post in this forum for a few days cos everyone seems to want to give Low a chance (rightly, I guess) but I've seen him a hell of a lot over the past couple of years and have always wondered why in god's name any team in a higher league would want to look at him.

Oh well, whatever.

I'm not gonna post in this forum for a few days cos everyone seems to want to give Low a chance (rightly, I guess) but I've seen him a hell of a lot over the past couple of years and have always wondered why in god's name any team in a higher league would want to look at him.

Oh well, whatever.

Just talk about Johnson then.

Kelly makes a good point about signing players who have often been involved in promotion chases. Some players don't ever look quite as good as they are but look at results when they play and you sometimes see you might have underestimated them. The reverse can be true about players forever involved at the other end of the table. They can look good but have little real effect and leave gaps/make vital mistakes here, there and everywhere.

Basically, signing winners is not likely to be a bad idea so long as they are keen.

It doesn't sound as if either of these two are likely to help much in the goals department and Kelly seems to have modified the club's young and hungry policy to just (presumably) hungry. As some of you probably guessed, I think 32's too old for our club but I'll be happy to be proved wrong - and Low certainly sounds promising although there are suggestions he will need to improve his consistency.

but I'll be happy to be proved wrong - and Low certainly sounds promising.

:D:thumbup:

My only concern with Johnson is that is we're not careful we'll get back into a Micky Adams-esque signing policy. Let's say he has a great season for us... becomes popular with the fans etc.. how many more years could he give us of football? Then come the end of a not too distant season, we'll be in the same position as we were when Joey left and signing an experienced centre midfield player would become the pre-season norm (much like Micky adams and his 15 signings per season).

Still, happy for this season at least :D

Unconfirmed Rumour about something Unconfirmed ?

how can you be right if its an Unconfirmed Rumour?

BREAKING NEWS We have an Unconfirmed Rumour that we are about to get someone soon!

blah blah blah

Just because it was unconfirmed does not mean that it was either right or wrong, though it was right. ;):thumbup:

Oh well, whatever.

It could be like that Kevin Ellison signing who we got from Altringham. At the time, he seemed an exciting prospect - i can't ever remember him playing for the 1st team :D

huh that came as a shock to me, poped onto the OS and then saw the article lol

very happy we are bringing in quality (hopefully) into the midfield at last.

id say we still need

left back

left mid

were sorted after that

Over the moon about Johnson at this current time. He's exactly the type of midfielder we needed and he can score goals along with being able to get stuck in and dictate play. He's over 30, but he still has alot of football left in him, pleased with that.

Never seen Low play, heard he's a typical winger who drifts in and out of matches, let's hope he's better than Hamill and Sylla. He's right sided though, which might mean there is a left sided winger to come aswell? If Tiatto doesn't sign (here's hoping) then we still need a left winger.

Score goals?

In the last 5 years 1 every 18 games by my reckoning :unsure:

Not a bad signing though.

I think Low could turn out to be a decent player, seems to have the right attitude :thumbup:

Kelly makes a good point about signing players who have often been involved in promotion chases. Some players don't ever look quite as good as they are but look at results when they play and you sometimes see you might have underestimated them. The reverse can be true about players forever involved at the other end of the table. They can look good but have little real effect and leave gaps/make vital mistakes here, there and everywhere.

Basically, signing winners is not likely to be a bad idea so long as they are keen.

It doesn't sound as if either of these two are likely to help much in the goals department and Kelly seems to have modified the club's young and hungry policy to just (presumably) hungry. As some of you probably guessed, I think 32's too old for our club but I'll be happy to be proved wrong - and Low certainly sounds promising although there are suggestions he will need to improve his consistency.

Surely age is irrelevant if the player is quality? I'm not saying he is, but if he has a blinder of a season and we offer him another deal and he has another great season then surely that's what matters. If we signed a 19 year old central midfielder on a 2 year deal and they had 2 crap seasons with us, would you still be happy because they fit the young and hungry profile?

The core of our team is under 24, so 1 player who has experience and still has alot of football left in him isn't that bad is it? Look at all the successful teams in this division in recent years and they each sign atleast one experienced player to have amongst the ranks.

I would be annoyed if Johnson's arrival was followed up with several other over 30's with no regard to their talent, just experience. But that isn't going to be the case.

It could be like that Kevin Ellison signing who we got from Altringham. At the time, he seemed an exciting prospect - i can't ever remember him playing for the 1st team :D

Correct me if i'm wrong but i believe he made his full debut at Old Trafford?

I'm happy about these two signings, Johnson proven at premiership level and J Lo will b an unknown quantity, so that's something to look forward to!

Correct me if i'm wrong but i believe he made his full debut at Old Trafford?

I'm happy about these two signings, Johnson proven at premiership level and J Lo will b an unknown quantity, so that's something to look forward to!

J Lo :thumbup: I think that will catch on :D

Score goals?

In the last 5 years 1 every 18 games by my reckoning :unsure:

Not a bad signing though.

I think Low could turn out to be a decent player, seems to have the right attitude :thumbup:

For some reason I always had the impression than Johnson had a good goal scoring record but he evidently hasn't. Apologies for that, let's hope he has a purple patch and scores a few then. :unsure:

Archived