Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

2 signings

So my "Unconfirmed Rumour" was right even though it has been removed. :huh::unsure::whistle::whistle::ph34r:;):thumbup:

Wasn't removed - it was merged into the rumours thread.

Johnson is not box to box!

He is a fat central midfield player who is way past his best. (and that wasnt great)

Or someone looking for something to prove, giving us much needed lack of pace in midfield!

Over to you Johnno!

Whenever i've seen him play (which granted hasn't been much recently) he has been a nuisance and often very good.

So - why has no one asked why West Brom saw fit to get rid of a player who has been described as; "a player with excellent experience in this division and knows what is takes to get out of it", when they will be only too aware of the importance of getting back out of this division ASAP.

By the way everyone is carrying on he sounds like the player West Brom need, strange they saw fit to let go.

Josh Low :unsure:

So - why has no one asked why West Brom saw fit to get rid of a player who has been described as; "a player with excellent experience in this division and knows what is takes to get out of it", when they will be only too aware of the importance of getting back out of this division ASAP.

By the way everyone is carrying on he sounds like the player West Brom need, strange they saw fit to let go.

If megson was the manager i'm positive AJ wouldn't be here, Robson has little experience at this level and he will be sacked by october.

Not being funny sunshine, but when you have the finances West Brom have compared to us then they are in a position to want better and get better. They also have alot of players at their disposal that they can keep or sell on to raise extra money to get out of this league.

Richard Chaplow, Jason Koumas, Junichi Inamoto, Zoltan Gera, Nigel Quashie, Jonathan Greening and Darren Carter means they probably can afford to let Johnson go. Don't try to tell me that there aren't any decent players out there who have been bounced out by clubs of similar ilk to us because there is. We've got rid of certain players in the past 6 years that have gone on to do fairly well at this level and we'd love to see them back here, although we're perhaps not the best club to model this theory on as we've also had lots of dross that have proved to be dross elsewhere aswell.

I'm not saying Johnson is going to be class, but with our current finance (I know that's the clubs fault, but short term we can't do anything about that) he's a good player to bring in, with great experience for the likes of Wesolowski and if he can help us better what we achieved last season under Kelly then that's got to be a small success.

As regard to Low, i've never seen him. On previous signings of this stature it's never worked out, but i'm willing to give him a chance. Teams like Luton, even dare I say Hull and Cardiff, etc have signed players from lower leagues who come with question marks and have done well in this league. Obviously those 3 clubs i've used haven't troubled the play-offs which we want to do, but I do believe we have 6 or 7 excellent footballers and that might help players like Low. Perhaps not though :D

Along has come the next 14 stone winger then in Josh Low. I can hardly contain myself. :rolleyes:

But Johnson will do, as long as Kelly isn't planning any more 30+ signings.. unless it's a Graham Kavanagh type of player who still has alot to offer.

Not being funny sunshine, but when you have the finances West Brom have compared to us then they are in a position to want better and get better. They also have alot of players at their disposal that they can keep or sell on to raise extra money to get out of this league.

Richard Chaplow, Jason Koumas, Junichi Inamoto, Zoltan Gera, Nigel Quashie, Jonathan Greening and Darren Carter means they probably can afford to let Johnson go. Don't try to tell me that there aren't any decent players out there who have been bounced out by clubs of similar ilk to us because there is. We've got rid of certain players in the past 6 years that have gone on to do fairly well at this level and we'd love to see them back here, although we're perhaps not the best club to model this theory on as we've also had lots of dross that have proved to be dross elsewhere aswell.

I'm not saying Johnson is going to be class, but with our current finance (I know that's the clubs fault, but short term we can't do anything about that) he's a good player to bring in, with great experience for the likes of Wesolowski and if he can help us better what we achieved last season under Kelly then that's got to be a small success.

As regard to Low, i've never seen him. On previous signings of this stature it's never worked out, but i'm willing to give him a chance. Teams like Luton, even dare I say Hull and Cardiff, etc have signed players from lower leagues who come with question marks and have done well in this league. Obviously those 3 clubs i've used haven't troubled the play-offs which we want to do, but I do believe we have 6 or 7 excellent footballers and that might help players like Low. Perhaps not though :D

amen

Barton this is from a West Brom Fan, a reply to someone who said he goes missing in games:

never ever ever ever ever went missing in the championship. In fact he seems to be everywhere all the time. the prem was a bit of a step too far for johnson, but you've signed yourself a top 12 place instantly in my opinion. In the second season we got promoted with him, we lost about 7 games, and Johnson missed 6 of those through injury/suspension, so you can see how important he was to Albion when we went up.

Johnson will run and run and run all day, and his attitude is what all of us wish footballers would be like. Will give you 100%, and is an absolute pain in the ass to play against. Good tackler, and buzzes around midfield, and covers a huge amount of ground. i for one think we should have given him an extra year's contract (as he is proven in this division), but our twonk manager seems to have got rid of all those who were guaranteed performers in the Champ (Moore, Horse, Johnson).

Anyway, good luck to ya, and you've signed a bloke who'll probably mean you'll finish above us.

Don't know anything about either Low or Johnson, but from what I can gather they look as though they might add a bit of much needed steel to the side.

I guess we've just got to give the manager the benefit of the doubt for now.

I think Johnson is an excellent signing given the circumstances we find ourselves in. We have very little money to spend, and Johnson fits the bill - he's the midfield player we've been looking for. A leader, who will take control, and provide the experience and aggression that has been sadly lacking from that area for a long time.

Can't comment on Low, although FOTM's assessment doesn't inspire much confidence. :unsure: We'll see if it's Hamill Mark II once we give him a chance... :o

Of the signings made so far Johnson is the only one I could see going into the starting 11 for this season. I suppose we don't know what is in Kelly's mind for next season, but the other two seem like back-up, which while important is hardly inspiring.

Archived