Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Fryatt Out

Dodds would be as imposing as wet bog roll in the current situation. He's more of an attacking midfielder, who is very mediocre in the air and playing upfront he'd struggle unless our midfield and defence start passing the ball through the channels at a reasonable height.

Forget it, he is a good finisher but we don't play the right football for him either. There's not many strikers who would score goals for us.

If true- and I've heard no confirmation, it might temporily solve a tricky problem for Kelly and give him the chance to use Dodds from the bench.

My big concern is that it will probably mean we'll never use Hume in attacking midfield unless he pairs O'Grady/Dodds or O'Grady/Hammond and there the problem of finding sufficient support from midfield would remain.

Make no mistake though, Dodds is well able to play behind a front two and I could even see Kelly looking at the dreaded 4-5-1 with Hammond, Hume, Wesolowski, Dodds, Porter in midfield and O'Grady doing the donkey work up front.

The difference between this one and our previous 4-5-1's is that this one would readily convert to 4-4-2, 4-3-3, even 4-2-4 and would provide the prospect of us scoring goals.

It would also clear all the deadwood from our midfield whatever system he called it.

Andy King would be an excellent addition to the bench to compliment those six but I'd be interested to hear the inevitable views to the contrary.

PS: Fryatt's a perfectly good striker given the right service, support and a bit of confidence.

People forget he's still young, still learning and it is never easy for anyone in a struggling side because things happen that shouldn't when doubts set in - like players passing the buck or not risking leaving themselves open to counter attack.

Yeah but the fact is that he hasn't. I'm not saying he won't ever. But on current form, I couldn't care less if he was injured.

2 months is a long while though. It's not as if we have any alternatives. O'Grady looks dishevelled, Hammond is atrocious and Dodds is unproven and has the stature and type of game that wouldn't get him involved in games just as Fryatt and Hume struggle.

Come off it. Fryatt had a phenomenal record at Walsall given the struggling team he was playing in. He also scored a hell of alot of goals at youth level, just like Dodds has done. The reason Fryatt isn't producing the goods this season is because of the support he gets, it's not as if he's the only striker either. Hume, O'Grady and Elvis are all failing to hit the back of the net because for 90% of the time they don't have the ball at their feet. Do the math.

Alot of which were penalties.

Just playing Devils Advocate of course.

I dunno, I'm frustrated with Fryatt. He drops deep too much and hasn't got the pace to beat defenders. We are generally fairly awful though. I am worried by O'Grady being guaranteed a starting place if Fryatt is out for a while. Of course we need to sort the midfield out.

I think he's been dropping deep out of frustration but for all the lack of good passes this season he's still missed some excellent opportunities and doesn't seem quite as fit as he used to be.

That said I still have faith in all the forwards if we can get a fully supporting midfield that has a bit of pace, strength, energy, determination and creativity (not a lot that, really! :whistle:) .

Whether RK will ever pick such a midfield remains to be seen.

I dunno, I'm frustrated with Fryatt. He drops deep too much and hasn't got the pace to beat defenders. We are generally fairly awful though. I am worried by O'Grady being guaranteed a starting place if Fryatt is out for a while. Of course we need to sort the midfield out.

Connolly did it aswell because they both have had to go looking for the ball because we have tactically inept players who can't fathom out how to pass the ball through to strikers.

Connolly did it aswell because they both have had to go looking for the ball because we have tactically inept players who can't fathom out how to pass the ball through to strikers.

Fine but if one drops deep, the other has to stay up top. All our strikers drop deep and we have no-one to get on the end of anything. I've lost count of the number of times this season when both our strikers, Fryatt and O'Grady/Hume are both 40 yards from goal involved in buildup play. It negates any attacking possession because there's no-one to get on the end of any end product (that won't happen anyway).

We are awful.

Oh yeah, Dodds. My hope is that with his goalscoring record, he will get a chance, Kelly can convince him to stay up front and let the other striker, four midfielders and (god forbid) a defender or two create the chances.

About the only striker that would score goals for us at the mo is Ronaldinho. Even then, he'd have to pick the ball up deep in our own half, beat 10 men then shoot.

I feel sorry for fryatt, he's definitely good enough, but he's not getting the service.

I really cannot understand the problems with leicester at the minute, cos I think we have got a decent side, individually.

Keepers Hendo, Rab and Logan definitely good enough for this division.

Defence - Kisnobo, rave reviews, specualtion with prem clubs. Stearman, great potential, also more specualtion with prem clubs, bin off the boil though. Skills, def good enough for this div. Same for maybury and kenton. Paddy K, still not sure of him but not the worst CH we've had.

Midfield, Williams, so much potential, class at times, missing others. Tiatto, headless chicken, nut played to higher level and should walk this division. Johnson, should walk this division and that is what he is trying to do. Weso, has been outstanding and has great future. hughes, much better player than his performances. Lowe - crap, but gives us something differant. Porter, good beginning for the young lad.

Strikers, Fryatt, good finisher - been unlucky recently, lost confidence, has no help. Hume, quality, especially running at defenders, only trouble is, he has no outlet, as fryatt is normally marked by 2 defenders at this time. O'grady and Hammond, bit poor tbh, but ok championship subs.

All in all I think we have a decent side, who should do well in this league, definitely good enough for top half.

If, in my opinion, we have a good enough side, and we are still doing rubbish, you have to put it down to the manager.

Look when little tok us to the prem, we weren't good enough to get promoted but the work ethick got us there, but wasn't good enough to keep us there. No one moaned cos we new we wern't good enough.

This year, more so than last, we are good enough, yet are doing awfull.

Get rid of kelly and put someone in there who knows how to motivate, and win games.

Might be time for him to have sit out anyway, Fans may be fickle but in this case drop him - Yeah end of last season I wouldn't have ever thought i'd be saying it because he was great and this season hes had a bad start and tbh I can't see anything changing soon, and if a players isn't preforming they why should he play? He's not playing bad but his job is to score goals he isn't...

If he's dropped due to injury or just being dropped hopefully he'll come back raring to go.

Its something I don't understand when a player is slagged off or booed people moan about it, WE pay there wages why should we have our view heard?!

And tbh if I was booed or slagged off i'd be disappointed and lose abit of confidence but there would be that little thing in the back of my mind saying "I'm gonna prove these twats booing me wrong" but no players do...Never seem to anyway.

This is for anyone who sits in the cop.I tend to get to the walkers about 25 minutes before the start of the match.I don't take much notice of the five a side games and players twating about,but then then mike stowell takes the expected goalscores for a sort of scoring practise and to my mind it's been pretty poor.But they (hume,fryat,o'grady,johnson,hughes)have a good laugh!!

Fryatt hasn't been any worse than Hume or O'Grady this season though. I wouldn't mind if we had some ready made replacements that have a good track record in this league but we don't. Hume and Fryatt are our best strikers, the rest of the forwards we have at this club are either shit or very in-experienced and to rely on them in the situation we are in isn't good news. O'Grady has scored 1 league goal in about 5 starts and 15 sub appearances, Dodds hasn't ever played for us and Hammond is an embarrassment to football.

We literally have 2 forwards good enough for this level at the minute, that's not saying Dodds or O'Grady won't be good enough but in our situation it's very unlikely they'd shine anyway. O'Grady looked useful last season when he was playing in a team with confidence and playing much more productive football (even if it was still ugly) but this season he's not been as effective because of how we are playing and because of his in-experience to make chances for himself.

So Fryatt is out, so it will be Hume and O'Grady. Let's hope they can produce for us, but i'd still take a Fryatt and Hume partnership any day of the week.

Carl Asaba will also sign today.

I don't know whyw e don't use the alledged money from our full house attendance against Villa to bring in Neil Shipperley and Lee Hendrie until January.

£10 x 15,000 season ticket holders = £150,000

Plus the remaining tickets they sell at higher prices will equate to a few hundred thousand pound we wouldn't of had should we have been knocked out. That would cover both wages.

Archived