Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bluefoxtim

PES6

There is a few - the England Team for example is based on the World Cup, despite there being what like 3 games since then and the games release:- Beckham is still in the team and Rooney is on the Bench with Owen starting despite the fact Owen will be lucky to play anouther game before PES8 hits the shelves.

JUST PLAIN LAZYNESS!

That's the pressure on the video game market of today. Konami needs to ship the game out asap to keep up with EA, otherwise they'll definitely drop to No.2 on the list.

It's probably going to take another decade until Konami finally comes up with enough dough for a full FIFA license (and more leagues, as well).

That's the pressure on the video game market of today. Konami needs to ship the game out asap to keep up with EA, otherwise they'll definitely drop to No.2 on the list.

It's probably going to take another decade until Konami finally comes up with enough dough for a full FIFA license (and more leagues, as well).

I don't know - they only knock out one a year and the way the game has progressed i would estimate that they have 50-60% code transition betwwen the versions. Try starting a game from scratch with a nine mounth deadline and thats tough - not an 'update' or console conversion!

Even without licences they should focus on securing an edit mode for future versions, that could be the death of the series!

This is the first time I have bought a PES, and they've just fallen off my list altogether. I am still disgusted that I was charged £39.00 for this! It goes back to the shop on Saturday.

The game seems more frustrating than previous versions although only just getting used to it.

I usually walk the master league easy, this time round I've already lost and drawn one of my first 5 games and won all the others by only one goal.

Is it just me or is there a lot of woodwork-hitting in this version?

The game seems more frustrating than previous versions although only just getting used to it.

I usually walk the master league easy, this time round I've already lost and drawn one of my first 5 games and won all the others by only one goal.

Is it just me or is there a lot of woodwork-hitting in this version?

I must admit I was shouting bloody murder at it last night, I've knocked it down to Regular difficulty for a few days in attempt to fix my blood pressure.

I threw my controller to the floor in disgust last night after my keeper came for a cross with no one anywhere near him, fumbled it, fell to the ground, then in a desperate lunge to claim the ball, knocked it in to the net.

This was in the semi final of the master league cup thing.

I was a bit upset.

I threw my controller to the floor in disgust last night after my keeper came for a cross with no one anywhere near him, fumbled it, fell to the ground, then in a desperate lunge to claim the ball, knocked it in to the net.

I was a bit upset.

I've had Joe Dudilca sent off for AZ, brought him out to deal with a through ball and he flapped at the striker instead of the ball.

I've also had not react to a very tame shot, it bounced off the post hit his head and went in.

They've slowed the game down a lot. I don't have a problem with that, if anything it's more realistic. They also seem to have slowed down the goalkeepers reactions a bit though. Not sure who would agree with me on this one and it may be something to do with difficulty settings but I'm generally pretty dissappointed by my goalkeeper (or in fact all goalkeepers in game). Previously they made the odd mistake with a sprinkling of great saves, like most real keepers. In this one, they all seem slow and unsure and often make comical errors.

Am I alone in this experience?

Got the 360 version on the weekend - what a joke.

Credit where its due the graphics are top draw compared to other versions and the gameplay remains as brilliant as ever - BUT.....

1) Only 8 stadiums - thats back to the Playstation 1 days!

2) No edit mode - understand licensing problems but could have allowed some create team from scratch mode!

3) The sound (as always) is poor - the crowd seems to be on a constant one noise level!

4) Team names just get worse - Hampshire = Watford, and you can't change them

5) Xbox Live mode is clumsly and there is bad 'lag' times

game play and graphics are all that matter who cares if there's only 8 stadiums??!!!

game play and graphics are all that matter who cares if there's only 8 stadiums??!!!

It just the feel of it:- Fulham vs Watford (or whatever they are called in the game - West London White!) at a full San Siro, they should have just done like fifa and made up some generic poorer stadiums for the lower teams!

I love the gameplay - but its hard to get excited with such poor presentation, sound, team names, staidums, goalkeepers who can be just plain stupid (i am told the Winning Eleven Asia version is even worse - they have toned the mistakes down for Euro version!) - its a step back or certainly a side-step for the series as a whole!

They've slowed the game down a lot. I don't have a problem with that, if anything it's more realistic. They also seem to have slowed down the goalkeepers reactions a bit though. Not sure who would agree with me on this one and it may be something to do with difficulty settings but I'm generally pretty dissappointed by my goalkeeper (or in fact all goalkeepers in game). Previously they made the odd mistake with a sprinkling of great saves, like most real keepers. In this one, they all seem slow and unsure and often make comical errors.

Am I alone in this experience?

I have noticed this . Twice in a game hit a speculative long shot and both times went through the keepers hands, the shots were soft as!

I was a bit upset.

True. Although it's always amusing when the opponent scores an own goal... :D

PES is just one of those games that can easily frustrate you on a high level.

I had my fair share of broken (e.g. tossed around) gamepads with PES5.

Sometimes, it felt like the entire team was one a high (or was it me?), and I could enter a game against favourites like Chelsea, Barcelona or Real Madrid and get a spectacular, enthusiastic result out of it, like a 1-0 in the closing minutes or a brilliant 3-1 win. At other times, I could try and control the players, but they just wouldn't go for it. This happens when you face league opposition that is considered weaker than you. Roles reversad? I just can't explain it, I usually blame the bloody console and the bloody game quite heavily in those cases.

I'm somewhat glad I've sold the game now and all those days and nights of frustration, discontent and anger are over. And from what you lot are experiencing with the sixth part of the series, I think I made the right move. Weak goalies, same bloody annoying and repetitive commentary, no edit mode (blimey!) and the entire German Bundesliga missing except for bloody Bayern Munich... Bloody Konami! They'll certainly feel the reaction once the Christmas sales kick in...

Really DB, and IOI!! I'm surprised, what's so bad about it, I was gonna get for the PC????

It's mainly the fact that the Xbox version has all the restrictions on it in comparison to the PS2 version.

I've only had one goalkeeper error.

Found that there's a lot less annoying things happen on this in general than on PES5.

Like the annoying fould you always used to do when pushing someone over.

Free kicks seem a bit eratic though.

Scored my fair share, but with some players (C. Ronaldo springs to mind) it just seems to go about 20 yards to the right of where you're aiming it.

Not sure about that.

Prefer it to 5.

Not really, not bad at free kicks but not as good as you would expect, they have a tendacy to go sailing over the bar. Makes the AZ first XI with Schaars and De Zeeuw, very unrealstic.

well really just buy fifa 2007 if you want realism , they've improved gameplay.oh and anyone heard that we are getting joey gudjonsson back onloan in january. by the way manwell pablo is a whack player , micheal salguado , or puyol is the best sapnish right back

well really just buy fifa 2007 if you want realism , they've improved gameplay.oh and anyone heard that we are getting joey gudjonsson back onloan in january. by the way manwell pablo is a whack player , micheal salguado , or puyol is the best sapnish right back

It's Manuel Pablo, it's Míchel Salgado, and Puyol hasn't played right back for ages.

EDIT: and that Gujonsson thing is bollocks.

It's Manuel Pablo, it's Míchel Salgado, and Puyol hasn't played right back for ages.

EDIT: and that Gujonsson thing is bollocks.

well acually salguado dosent play right back very often now does because cicinho plays there ? oh and this is inside iformation once madaric becomes cahirman were getting shevchenko on loan and buying freddie eastwood !!!! well personally myself im not sure about the shevchenko part but hey .............

prem next season

well acually salguado dosent play right back very often now does because cicinho plays there ? oh and this is inside iformation once madaric becomes cahirman were getting shevchenko on loan and buying freddie eastwood !!!! well personally myself im not sure about the shevchenko part but hey .............

prem next season

Cicinho's having a hard time getting into the starting XI he's too attacking for Cappello.

I have decided to pretend you stopped writing after that question.

Archived