Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

If the MM deal falls through..................

I'm being abit fiendish here and hope this never becomes the case but what will you do if the MM deal falls through?. I don't even want to think about it.

I think my days would be numbered at City, not through choice but through being banned :D

I hope our shareholders and MM realise what this means.

I'm being abit fiendish here and hope this never becomes the case but what will you do if the MM deal falls through?. I don't even want to think about it.

I think my days would be numbered at City, not through choice but through being banned :D

I hope our shareholders and MM realise what this means.

TBH, i half expect it too fail. It's a simple case of i come to expect dissapointment as far city are concerned. Not that i'm a pessimistic bloke or anything. :santa:

Hey Everyone i'm new, i love leicester city and i use to live there but i live in amsterdam, netherlands as i work here, today is the day when we would find out if MM was gonna take over the completion but still not heard nothing i really hope it doesnt fall through or we are dommed,

HELLO NICE TO MEET YOU ALL :D

If the deal falls through we're screwed, to be honest i wouldnt be surprised to see us get relegated this season, or just struggle on for a season or two... either way i think in the long term the club is screwed, unless we have teh resouces and leadership that MM can offer and no one else is interested or seems capable of offering.

I'm not going to knock the Milan Mandaric deal because MM is clearly the huge majority of fans dearest Christmas wish.

I remain as sceptical as I was from the start but if it fell through I think Leicester would have to take some uncomfortable decisions quickly but are well enough placed to survive and still move forward.

Purely personally, I'd feel much happier if that were the case. But it is not something I have any desire to be proved right about.

It is horrible to think about anything going wrong with the bid. I really would be properly properly p****d off.

However, i dont think it would be the end of the world. I think if it didnt come off, they would just look at the rights issue, which has the potential to bring some decent(ish) money in, if nothing like what Milan would bring. They said they would look at this a while ago when the MM bid first surfaced

IF this deal falls through, then I fear the worst. If Kelly thinks talk of a takeover is distracting the team, what effect does he think someone walking away from the club will have on his players? I think it will be a negative one. This being the case, I expect then to be a lot closer to the "92" than I could ever imagine.

I'm hoping that MM will come in. Whilst I have some concerns and all that, this club needs to be taken by the scruff of the neck and shaken to get the life back into it, and I can't see any other way this will be done without some financial injection. I know that it is good business practice to look at the long term, but football is not a true business. You have to take the short term into account more, in my opinion. And without MM, the short term looks dire.

this club needs to be taken by the scruff of the neck and shaken to get the life back into it, and I can't see any other way this will be done without some financial injection.

That sums it up really. If MM walks away something else needs to happen. I suspect this would be a rights issue raising £5m. If we spent £2m in January wisely we will not be relegated and would have a chance to build something half decent.

IF this deal falls through, then I fear the worst. If Kelly thinks talk of a takeover is distracting the team, what effect does he think someone walking away from the club will have on his players? I think it will be a negative one. This being the case, I expect then to be a lot closer to the "92" than I could ever imagine.

I'm hoping that MM will come in. Whilst I have some concerns and all that, this club needs to be taken by the scruff of the neck and shaken to get the life back into it, and I can't see any other way this will be done without some financial injection. I know that it is good business practice to look at the long term, but football is not a true business. You have to take the short term into account more, in my opinion. And without MM, the short term looks dire.

if he walked away the long term would be as bad as the short term. the club needs sustained investment and, as you say, a major, major shake-up.

My fear is not the deal falling through as much as everything staying the same.

I have lost all faith in this board and the team management to give me anything approaching hope for the future (beyond them going), and to face the New Year with them all still intact is a proposition that fills me with misery.

That sums it up really. If MM walks away something else needs to happen. I suspect this would be a rights issue raising £5m. If we spent £2m in January wisely we will not be relegated and would have a chance to build something half decent.

Exactly. Thats why i dont think it would mean the complete melt down of the club.

My fear is not the deal falling through as much as everything staying the same.

I have lost all faith in this board and the team management to give me anything approaching hope for the future (beyond them going), and to face the New Year with them all still intact is a proposition that fills me with misery.

I think this point about the board is a pertinent one, to me it has become more important than the money that a dominant, driven, experienced personality comes in to drive the club forward, on their terms, which will naturally correlate with the fans in terms of success on the field (club infrastructure and playing style are not necessarily subject to the same similarities - but that's another debate).

I am optimistic that if the deal were to fall through we would find other investment elsewhere, in fact it is almost certain to me, but the major issue is the person who administers those funds and leads the business side of the club is unlikely to have a CV that could match Mandaric.

Hey Everyone i'm new, i love leicester city and i use to live there but i live in amsterdam, netherlands as i work here, today is the day when we would find out if MM was gonna take over the completion but still not heard nothing i really hope it doesnt fall through or we are dommed,

HELLO NICE TO MEET YOU ALL :D

:welcome::welcome:

I'm not going to knock the Milan Mandaric deal because MM is clearly the huge majority of fans dearest Christmas wish.

I remain as sceptical as I was from the start but if it fell through I think Leicester would have to take some uncomfortable decisions quickly but are well enough placed to survive and still move forward.

Purely personally, I'd feel much happier if that were the case. But it is not something I have any desire to be proved right about.

I remain sceptical just like you Thracian, it seems everyone thinks MM can make this massive difference, but hasnt this club been through times like these before? and then turned things around without some big guy with alot of money! to apparently buy players like dunne, etc im afraid we are still LCFC even if he does take over and um soz to hit you all but since when has the name LCFC been able to draw in quality like those of which MM wishes to buy/loan? if you exclude the MON era, all the quality the club has ever owned has come through the ranks, and im afraid this is how we are going to have to carry on, i say even if MM doesnt take over we are good enough to survive in this league and then when the youth at which we have atm reach there full potentail we go up, and go up shouting, we have to keep the faith in what we have got! and we have to beleive if we all do that there is no reason why we cant go up even with our current squad and current position! who needs MM, we havent needed anyone like this for over 100 years, and i say this as were winning 2-0 and porter scores 2 in 2 :P

i would be that fed up i doubt id go to anymore matches this season and probably start finding other interests for my saturdays.

To be honest i think I'd feel the same, I'd be able to follow city on Sky Sports News or Score and not have to put up with watching sh*te football at the walkers on the odd Saturday... no doubt i'd soon wander back and start lining the pockets of the same eejits who seem content to squander the clubs future... [i should add we know nothing as yet of course... and that's what's keeping the hope alive for me :cry: ]

...we have to keep the faith in what we have got! and we have to beleive if we all do that there is no reason why we cant go up even with our current squad and current position! who needs MM, we havent needed anyone like this for over 100 years...

To be honest football has changed, you need funds to support a sucessful football team you cant rely on a good academy and modest but balanced books as in the past, you need to augment local talent with proven players from elsewhere... even smaller established clubs like Derby, Preston, Brum, Palace etc... have the resources to compete in the transfur market, even the LCFC of a decade ago could bring in players to augment their existing team (Izzet was £800,000 from Chelsea!), no modern team has got by with zero cash and zero investment (as we are having to do) and done anything but poorly and that includes City, admitedly we didnt have great resouces in the past but that we where in a far stronger position than we are today.

The investment and support (not to mention the proven track record at Pompey) that MM has to offer could secure the long term future of the club, as it is we will continue to have a very uncertain future as we simply dont have the resources that 3/4rds of the clubs in the Championship do, and things will only get worse should Nissa, Williams and (dare i say) Tiatto leave at the end of this season coz we cant afford anybody as good and will no doubt have to put up with more players of the Low, Johnson standard... this is what we've got to look forward to unless we sort ourselves out and MM bid could do this, unless another bid comes through we'll face an even tougher season next year (if we survive this season that is).

I remain sceptical just like you Thracian, it seems everyone thinks MM can make this massive difference, but hasnt this club been through times like these before? and then turned things around without some big guy with alot of money! to apparently buy players like dunne, etc im afraid we are still LCFC even if he does take over and um soz to hit you all but since when has the name LCFC been able to draw in quality like those of which MM wishes to buy/loan? if you exclude the MON era, all the quality the club has ever owned has come through the ranks, and im afraid this is how we are going to have to carry on, i say even if MM doesnt take over we are good enough to survive in this league and then when the youth at which we have atm reach there full potentail we go up, and go up shouting, we have to keep the faith in what we have got! and we have to beleive if we all do that there is no reason why we cant go up even with our current squad and current position! who needs MM, we havent needed anyone like this for over 100 years, and i say this as were winning 2-0 and porter scores 2 in 2 :P

I wish I could share your optimism. But I can't. This club needs to move forwards, and to do so it needs new people.

I would be disappointed, but I know this club will survive, it has before when it's gone through crisis, it will be again.

We have a lot of young up and comers who could be very handy in the future, however I reckon to have the backing and support of MM would just help that out even more, as we could get some quality experience to teach them and give leadership.

Hopefully as many here are saying, it's the LCFC present to Foxes fans.. :D :D ... would make my Christmas it would :)

Bearing in mind what the Times is saying this morning... might be a good time to bump this thread up :( .

:D

I wish I hadn't started this bastard. Sods law.

May I use the term 'Every cloud has a silver lining' At least the protests and shit bombs will be amusing when the board get out of their Merc's and Beamers on a saturday at the ground.

Archived