Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

If the MM deal falls through..................

I wonder what the excuse will be when this falls through...

Bad refereeing?

Bad luck?

Three wonder goals?

OR...

Could I suggest the board and shareholders might like to REDOUBLE their efforts in getting this fu cker sorted.

Bo llocks to the lot of 'em.

:D

They will be re-doubling their efforts in seeking new lines of investment. The several American interested parties have been camping outside of The Walkers ever since the news broke of the possible collapse. The board will assure the fans that money will be available for Robert Kelly to waste in January.

At least the protests and shit bombs will be amusing when the board get out of their Merc's and Beamers on a saturday at the ground.

But could you reallistically see this happening, I'd like to think so... to be honest i think Ronald McDonald did a fair bit of work on this deal, the problem seems to be with the whitecollar shareholders who seem intent on leading us to Leauge One where, I assume, they seem to think they'll get more for their shares :rolleyes:

But could you reallistically see this happening, I'd like to think so... to be honest i think Ronald McDonald did a fair bit of work on this deal, the problem seems to be with the whitecollar shareholders who seem intent on leading us to Leauge One where, I assume, they seem to think they'll get more for their shares :rolleyes:

I'd be astounded if there wasn't trouble. If there isn't then i'll seriously consider walking away from this club because if our fans are happy for the current shower to stay in charge then we aren't worthy of having a decent team to support.

I'd be astounded if there wasn't trouble. If there isn't then i'll seriously consider walking away from this club because if our fans are happy for the current shower to stay in charge then we aren't worthy of having a decent team to support.

If the deal falls through, i'm sure Ronald and the rest of the clowns will have a contingency plan, if not PR machine will kick to make them whiter then white and lay blame to MM!!

I get the feeling that there are enough fans that are happy with the way things are, which astounds me, and I don't see too many boycotting or protesting if the deal does fall through!!!

I remain sceptical just like you Thracian, it seems everyone thinks MM can make this massive difference, but hasnt this club been through times like these before? and then turned things around without some big guy with alot of money! to apparently buy players like dunne, etc im afraid we are still LCFC even if he does take over and um soz to hit you all but since when has the name LCFC been able to draw in quality like those of which MM wishes to buy/loan? if you exclude the MON era, all the quality the club has ever owned has come through the ranks, and im afraid this is how we are going to have to carry on, i say even if MM doesnt take over we are good enough to survive in this league and then when the youth at which we have atm reach there full potentail we go up, and go up shouting, we have to keep the faith in what we have got! and we have to beleive if we all do that there is no reason why we cant go up even with our current squad and current position! who needs MM, we havent needed anyone like this for over 100 years, and i say this as were winning 2-0 and porter scores 2 in 2 :P

Yes I agree we have managed like this for 100 years but look at the last ten years how this club has changed! We need somebody like MM to invest otherwise the club is forever more going to be suffering the backlash of administration and with out any investment how can we keep hold of our young talent who are the future of the club.

Well if anything happens I'll willingly lob some rocks at the executive boxes... couldnt we just tear up the "we're in it together" flag as part of some protest, either way if this falls through i need to find somwhere to watch some decent football, what are ticket prices at WestBrom like? :blink:

easier said than done I reckon

Yeah could someone please give us an overview of the article?

Whats going on?

Lot's of speculation flying about that the deal is in jeopardy of collapsing. There are conflicting reasons as to why though. Some sources have said due to him still owning a stake in Pompey (no doubt our board will try and use this) and others saying that he's not impressed with the state of our finances and wants to lower the bid, due to needing more money to strengthen the team, etc.

Make or break week.

If the deal falls through, i'm sure Ronald and the rest of the clowns will have a contingency plan, if not PR machine will kick to make them whiter then white and lay blame to MM!!

I get the feeling that there are enough fans that are happy with the way things are, which astounds me, and I don't see too many boycotting or protesting if the deal does fall through!!!

If the PR machine kicks in with the same efficiency that they have run Foxlot, pissed off season ticket holders and screwed up the marketing then I'm kind of looking forward to seeing it.

If they wanted to really make themselves look arses then they could always employ the FT board to do the PR for them ~ seeing as they've covered themselves in glory during the entire bid process. :P

If this all falls flat, I hope the shareholders responsible are named and shamed...

Yeah could someone please give us an overview of the article?

Try the sticky rumour thread or the sticky Mandy takeover thread. Or, grab a copy of The Times...it's a right ripping read :thumbup:

i will stop going , so cardiff will probably be my last game this season at least and if things continue with this shower of shyt board then i will find some other interest because im no longer going to follow a club that treats its supporters like a cash flock ready to be sheared but easily ignored :angry:

i will stop going , so cardiff will probably be my last game this season at least and if things continue with this shower of shyt board then i will find some other interest because im no longer going to follow a club that treats its supporters like a cash flock ready to be sheared but easily ignored :angry:

Well said I'm affraid :( I've got no wish to go and see city while the club is run and owned by such a totally discredited gang eejits, added to which i really dont have the money :( ...doesnt make me happy at all, but i just dont want to have to put up with the whole mess and i dont want to be there to see City relegated, which will happen this season or next with the players we're losing (Tiatto, Nissa, Williams - none of them good but better than what else is on offer) and the total lack of investment we've got.

how can you even consider not going again? i'd still support this shower of sh1t in the conference. nobody knows who's to blame so why blame the board.

lets be realistic here, MM has no empathy for leicester this is simply business to him. i don't mind him making a profit on the deal, but it seems to me that he wants the shareholders to pay him to take the club off their hands.

how can you even consider not going again? i'd still support this shower of sh1t in the conference. nobody knows who's to blame so why blame the board.

lets be realistic here, MM has no empathy for leicester this is simply business to him. i don't mind him making a profit on the deal, but it seems to me that he wants the shareholders to pay him to take the club off their hands.

I wont support the current leadership of the club by paying to go see the crock of sh*te that is passing for football at the Walkers these days if they decide they prove to all and sundry that they dont give a damn about the club, the team, the supporters or anyone or anything bar their own interests (and even there they seem not to understand that they'll get nothing for their precious shares if they turn down MM).

I'll still support City... but why should i support the current leadership who've led us into the worst period in the club's history any longer when they seem prepared to turn down a clear chance for recovery and revival under MM?

It is illegal for either part to discuse the situation with anyone other than each other. so I dont believe a word.

Also MM is not buying the club for £25m he has offered about £6.3m so they have not even got the basic facts right and you are forgetting we made a £1.5m operating profit last year

We owe nothing.

We have a brilliant ground which MM could buy for £16.5m (half price)

Our fan base is in the top twenty in the UK

Once we are promoted the club will recieve a least £25m per season

In a few years time he will sell city for £40-50 million and make a massive profit.

Buying city will be the best deal MM has ever made.

He knows that

I'll still support City... but why should i support the current leadership who've led us into the worst period in the club's history any longer when they seem prepared to turn down a clear chance for recovery and revival under MM?

Don't exaggerate. This isn't 1991. We are EIGHT points clear of the drop zone and on current form seem likely to stay that way.

For Mandy to walk away now would be a blow, but not a terminal one.

Don't exaggerate. This isn't 1991. We are EIGHT points clear of the drop zone and on current form seem likely to stay that way.

strange , i do not remember city renting the filbert street ground or having such large debts but you are right that we are eight points clear of the dropzone :unsure: nothing to worry about then :thumbup:

Worst sustained period in the clubs history... we've never been this poor for this long, typically we've done well in the second tier of english football, with periods where we break through into the top tier and either struggle or actually do well for a little while before the laws of gravity drag us back down again... we've never ever battled relegation from the second tier three seasons on the trot.

I know i go on about this, but without MM, Nissa, Williams and Tiatto but with the current club leadership and squad odds are next season we'll go down, i cant see how our current squad without those three players (and probably having had to sell at least one of Hume, Kisnorbo or Stearman) and with no serious investment or fresh leadership copes next season.

That's very debatable though isn't it Ultra. You've not been as desperate as some for MM to come here so obviously the news of the deal hitting rocky times won't cloud your judgement too much. But let's be honest here and with the track record of this club and our fans, if this does fall through and the fans turn on the club. Do we have a board, a manager and a squad of players with the stomach to ride this battle out and come out the other side on top?. My gut feeling is that things would get rapidly worse and with the fans causing grief, would lead to the players and manager cracking and us relegated. Relegation to League One will be no picnic, The Trust and our club have always claimed their is contingencies in place, but I don't think there are. The only contingency would be to flog our players and hope for the best. We'd be no better off than any of the biggish clubs that have fallen out of this disgustingly poor league we are in.

Terminal? Very possible.

That's very debatable though isn't it Ultra. You've not been as desperate as some for MM to come here so obviously the news of the deal hitting rocky times won't cloud your judgement too much. But let's be honest here and with the track record of this club and our fans, if this does fall through and the fans turn on the club. Do we have a board, a manager and a squad of players with the stomach to ride this battle out and come out the other side on top?. My gut feeling is that things would get rapidly worse and with the fans causing grief, would lead to the players and manager cracking and us relegated. Relegation to League One will be no picnic, The Trust and our club have always claimed their is contingencies in place, but I don't think there are. The only contingency would be to flog our players and hope for the best. We'd be no better off than any of the biggish clubs that have fallen out of this disgustingly poor league we are in.

Terminal? Very possible.

As far as I understand it, thats the plan if we stay in the Championship. The board have announced that we will need extra funds to break even each year :dunno: if theres no takeover wheres the money coming from, the Shareholders might stick some money in this year, but they wont keep doing it forever.

As far as I understand it, thats the plan if we stay in the Championship. The board have announced that we will need extra funds to break even each year :dunno: if theres no takeover wheres the money coming from, the Shareholders might stick some money in this year, but they wont keep doing it forever.

Apparently that is the case, but i'd have thought they wouldn't sell more than one or two. If we get relegated they'd have to clear them all out other than the academy players.

Archived