Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

LCFC rumours thread - Players & Managers

Of course we do, if it wasn't for some of Levi Porter's performances on the WING then we might be even lower down in the table. Surely you'd rather have a half-decent winger brought in on the right instead of Stephen Hughes.

Any sensible suggestions Dan

and 3. Most successful sides have 5 strikers we currently have 4 including Dodds, so yes we do need another striker!

Elvis Hammond

Matty Fryatt

Iain Hume

Danny the Cadmeister

Louis Dodds

As far as I can make out, we have five strikers, not four. ;)

Wembley here we come! :cool:

lol

Elvis Hammond

Matty Fryatt

Iain Hume

Danny the Cadmeister

Louis Dodds

As far as I can make out, we have five strikers, not four. ;)

Wembley here we come! :cool:

lol

Hammond's a poor striker, should play on the flank more often.

Hume's actually an offensive midfielder.

Dodds hardly plays.

That leaves Fryatt and Cadamarteri.

I was classing DC as a Right midfielder and hoping that Elvis might get polio or something equally horrid!

If you're going to use logic like that, we probably need three new strikers because Matty Fryatt's hardly set the league alight so far. Louis Dodds is unproven, so it's hard to say if he'd do the business. That only really leaves you with two 'strikers' - Hume and DC. Again, DC may or may not be up to it... so there's potential for four new strikers. lol;):P

Either straight from the keeper or from the FB's. I'm more concerned with our midfield than I am our defence...

I think I can count the fingers on one hand the number of times I've seen Henderson pass the ball to a defender or midfielder, it's usually hoof. The defence invariably follows suit. If they don't give the ball to the midfield it becomes impossible for them to create anything.

Creativity starts at the back and involves the whole team.

I think I can count the fingers on one hand the number of times I've seen Henderson pass the ball to a defender or midfielder, it's usually hoof. The defence invariably follows suit. If they don't give the ball to the midfield it becomes impossible for them to create anything.

Bingo!

Is that 'syptomatic' of the individual players or RK management\strategy???

Is that 'syptomatic' of the individual players or RK management\strategy???

Well my best hope was that RK thought they were incapable so told them to hoof it, that falls down into a pile of **** now that he's given Hendo a long contract.

It must be RK otherwise surely he'd tell them to consider the option of passing it short now and again.

That kinda backs up what I said previously. The midfield should be supplied from the defence and so forth...

That kinda backs up what I said previously. The midfield should be supplied from the defence and so forth...

The Key word being "Should" Perhaps when the actually "do" we will be able to judge the quality of our current midfield in a more realistic fashion. That's not to say I currently rate them highly.

I live in Cumbria - and speaking to Carlisle fans, Hawley just can't 'hack it' in League 1, let alone the Championship. He did well in the Conference and League 2, but has failed to perform in League 1 (as shown in this seasons goal scoring record). Carlisle would be only too happy to accept £500k for a player out of contract in the summer !

He's also a short a**e (5'5") - do we need another one !? Spend £500k a bit more wisely please !

5'8 but still a short arse. I think a big man up front would give opposition allot more to think about.

Not sure I'd seen anyone else post this yet:

This season Karl has picked up where he left off and is already finding the net regularly

Karl has a tremendous work rate and is always to be found in the thick of the action. A strong agile forward with deceptive pace, who can hold the ball up and link play as well as find the net. With good positional sense and a sound reading of the game he has more than fulfilled his early promise.

That line worries me. It usually means they're a donkey with a remotely moderate turn.

Looks decent enough, but is more young(ish), quick(ish), short strikers from League 1 what we really need? I suspect not. We need a biggish bloke, someone about 6' - 6' 3", not too wide, who's a bit quick and has a good finish on them. Preferably with a fair bit of experience of the championship, too. Late 20's or summat.

Archived