Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

LCFC rumours thread - Players & Managers

Forget sources, my spidey senses tell me that Richard Stearman, who was left on the bench yesterday to avoid him being cup tied, will be signing for Crystal Palace on Monday morning for £1.1m

Forget sources, my spidey senses tell me that Richard Stearman, who was left on the bench yesterday to avoid him being cup tied, will be signing for Crystal Palace on Monday morning for £1.1m

The man in orange that is Simon Jordan did say that Palace have signed a player on Friday and will announce details on Monday on Soccer AM yesterday, but if that is the case, why have Stearman on the bench if we're not going to play him. Kenton, Nils, or Sheehan could have kept it warm instead

If that's true and we've got 1.1million for him then that's good money. Back line looked fine yesterday. Decent deal, and might mean Kelly has a little (???) money to start spending before the MM deal is done and dusted. Possibly, anyway.

Football Rumours Updated:

As Milan Mandaric has purchased Leicester, one of the other takeover parties that was interested in the club, is believed to be attempting a takeover at Nationwide Conference North neighbours Hinckley United - with the aim of investing money into the ambitious club to realise their dream of becoming an established League Club.
Simon Jordan Crystal Palace Chairman appeared on Soccer AM and confirmed that Palace have purchased a player, but the player will be unveilled on Monday even though the deal went through on Friday, the player is believed to be Paul Ifill of Sheffield United
Chris Porter, looks set to sign professional forms with Palace. Michael Ballack is trying to convince long time friend and gambling partner Oliver Kahn to join him at Stamford Bridge in a bid to oust Magnus Hedman from the Blues as many players believe he is not fit to wear the Leicester blue, let alone the Chelsea blue.

Would you mind Hedman at Leicester!?!?

Interesting news about Hinckley.

Stearman to Palace? Or Ifill?

This isn't technically a rumour yet but is interesting to note...

"Pearce prepared to free fringe players"

Manchester City manager Stuart Pearce is looking to generate funds in the transfer window by offloading some fringe players. Pearce wants his side to progress in the second half of the season and believes the only way he can do that is by bringing in fresh blood. He said: 'We need quality if we can, not numbers really. I have spoken to the chairman (John Wardle) a number of times about funds. We know full well there is not a great deal of finance around. Maybe there is the possibility of bringing in one or two players on loan. I do not want to sell good players but perhaps some fringe players to bring in some cash.'"

Source: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id...846&cc=5739

This is the current squad:

Nicky Weaver

Joe Hart

Andreas Isaksson

Kasper Schmeichel

Richard Dunne

Micah Richards

Sylvain Distin

Joey Barton

Bernardo Corradi

Georgios Samaras

Hatem Trabelsi

Darius Vassell

Trevor Sinclair

Claudio Reyna

Ben Thatcher

Stephen Jordan

Paul Dickov

Ousmane Dabo

Dietmar Hamann

Nedum Onuoha

Stephen Ireland

Ishmael Miller

DaMarcus Beasley

Michael Johnson

Matthew Mills

Yasser Hussein

Marc Laird

Danny Mills

Anyone interesting?

I think Ireland is more involved in the first team. Im not too sure whether he is actually, but he scored his first City goal a week or two ago, right?

Yeah. To my knowledge he's a promising young player who gets the odd game. If we could offer him first-team football for half a season they'd probably let us have him.

Dickov get much of a game for 'em?

I would of played him out of pure spite because he wants to leave us. I think he will end up at Villa because if they want him they are bound to outbid Palace.

DaMarcus Beasley

Although he has being in the first team of late. I think that Pearce may be keen to send him on loan. He looks a great prospect. Pace and skill would be good for us I think.

DaMarcus Beasley

Although he has being in the first team of late. I think that Pearce may be keen to send him on loan. He looks a great prospect. Pace and skill would be good for us I think.

Except he isnt Man Citys player, hes currently on loan from psv eindhoven i believe !

DaMarcus Beasley

Isn't he only on loan there?

I hope that Stearman doesnt go and the Ifill rumours are right (to Palace), time will tell I suppose.

As for players from Man City, I`d steer well clear of there squad with the exception of Trevor Sinclair. If City sign either Shaun Wright-Phillips back or even Ashley Young from Watford, I would say we have a chance of Sinclair. Ireland and Beasley arent possibilities IMO and the rest arent much cop either. Getting Dickov back isnt the right move I dont think at this stage.

I`m hoping these bloomin Prem clubs get dealing (especially from abroad) so they can have surplus players within there squads! The worst thing is they start dealing as the window closes because they wont sell players unless they have replacements!! GET DEALING!!!!

Stearman to Villa looks dead, by the way, as they're signing Bardsly from Man Utd.

Yeah, good shout there, although Bardsley looks like being a loan signing and I suppose Stearman could be signed as one for the future who can play in a number of positions??

Anyway, thankfully it was Ifill from Sheff Utd that signed for Palce for £750k this morning...

Archived