Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Geo V

Henderson next to depart?

It would be a shame to see him leave. Apart from his kicking he is a good keeper. I agree we should be looking to get rid of Rab before Hendo. But obviously people are more interested in Henderson.

Henderson cost us nothing and is coming to the end of his contract so IMO its OK to get rid. If he doesnt feature in our long term plans whats the point of keeping these hangers on? It looks like we are ridding ourselves of players who are either not up to it or arent part of the picture so carry on RK, get some cash in to get some players in that can make a difference!

Personally I thought he was average Championship. If we can get any money, take it!

If the Mandaric deal goes through we can sign a decent keeper on loan with a view to a permanent deal. If not let Logan battle it out with Douglas.

I'd rather see Douglas go but I doubt anyone wants him.

Personally I thought he was average Championship. If we can get any money, take it!

If the Mandaric deal goes through we can sign a decent keeper on loan with a view to a permanent deal. If not let Logan battle it out with Douglas.

I'd rather see Douglas go but I doubt anyone wants him.

Not for the wages he's on here they don't. :ph34r:

I don't want Henderson to go. I'd much sooner see Douglas leave before Hendo. Sure Hendo hasn't got the greatest kicking in the world, but he is a much better 'keeper than Rab, and he is earning less in wages as well. Every player has their price, and that's fair enough so I know the club will sell him if the bid is right, but I would be very pissed off if we were left with Douglas as first choice or even back up to Logan. It'd be a step backwards methinks.

Henderson has his faults but has made some truly memorable saves, some as good as I've ever seen like when that point-blank header he saved on the left post the other week.

Furthermore, although he flaps a bit and seems lightweight at times, he drops very few outright clangers, the one against Sunderland being a notable exception.

Those are good qualities to have.

On the debit side his kicking has improved - from dire to simply indifferent - and I never think his distribution is quick enough or constructive enough.

But then he doesn't have defenders demanding the ball off him. Most, it seems to me, look happier if the ball's despatched as far as possible towards the opponent's goal.

Overall he's been 7/10 for us and at, presumably for a lot less money than Douglas.

But as to what outcome I'd prefer I'll make no comment.

I don't know the mathematics of it and, truthfully, I'm not even sure which of Henderson or Logan is the better keeper. They have different qualities to some extent while Douglas, at worst, has found himself a lucrative way of keeping himself fit in the twilight of his football career.

I know someone else who certainly wouldn't complain either. :ph34r:

Nor me. Alas, he's beyond us, financially. And he's probably not terribly ready for regular first team action again after all this time.

I weep. :cry:

Walker is only an average all rounder, he cost us the prem with some very silly mistakes..bolton, tottenham etc

I don't think Logan is anywhere near as good, really. Seems to be a minority opinion, but there we go. He's also inexperienced and more prone to dips in form.

Agreed.

I think henderson has come on loads, including his kicking. Over the last few weeks he's been our best player.

Logan Might be a good keeper in 2 or 3 years but not yet.

But then he doesn't have defenders demanding the ball off him. Most, it seems to me, look happier if the ball's despatched as far as possible towards the opponent's goal.

Chicken and Egg for me Trac, I've seen players, Hughes on many occasions wide right calling for a quick release, he just looks up puts his hand up and kicks it. So maybe players have stopped calling for it. Either way he doesn't seem to have the confidence either in himself or his team mates to throw the ball out.

I don't expect him to throw it everytime but there was one game recently where he didn't throw it once.

This sets the pattern of our approach to the game of hoofing, and cuts out the midfield permanently as attacking force, they are then compelled to defend the returning kick.

This to me is his biggest fault. Although I have to say Logan has also now reduced the number of times he throws the ball out - so maybe it is a team thing

I would sell him and use the transfer fee gained to pay Rab Douglas to **** off. Then get a back-up goalie with a bit of experience who can kick a ball.

And throw one :P

Chicken and Egg for me Trac, I've seen players, Hughes on many occasions wide right calling for a quick release, he just looks up puts his hand up and kicks it. So maybe players have stopped calling for it. Either way he doesn't seem to have the confidence either in himself or his team mates to throw the ball out.

I don't expect him to throw it everytime but there was one game recently where he didn't throw it once.

This sets the pattern of our approach to the game of hoofing, and cuts out the midfield permanently as attacking force, they are then compelled to defend the returning kick.

This to me is his biggest fault. Although I have to say Logan has also now reduced the number of times he throws the ball out - so maybe it is a team thing

I bet the stats would make interesting reading because I cannot remember ever seeing so few throw-outs from the goalkeepers as at Leicester right now.

It's in huge contrast to the top teams whose goalkeepers save and throw out often in the same movement changing defence to attack at real pace.

But Leicester's defenders aren't generally attack-backers and while a) the goalkeepers concentrate on not risking any silly mistakes I think the defenders often rather cleverly seem to not quite be available, thus avoiding the need to take responsibility for attack launching.

The only City defender I've seen consistently demand the ball from the keeper is Sheehan and perhaps, having seen how long he lasted in the first team, the others have learned more sense! :D

It just shows how money orientated these footballers are these days. Why a player who has made hundreds of thousands of pounds already would prefer to sit and warm a bench for 3 years instead of playing regular football at a good standard is beyond me.

BTW Liverpool seem to have signed a young Italian GK and Carson returns from Charlton at the seasons end so Dudek is on the verge of being punted out. Would he be a good signing as No1 for a season?? I`m sure Logan could learn plenty from him??? :dunno:

BTW Liverpool seem to have signed a young Italian GK and Carson returns from Charlton at the seasons end so Dudek is on the verge of being punted out. Would he be a good signing as No1 for a season?? I`m sure Logan could learn plenty from him??? :dunno:

dudek will go to a european side that have a UEFA cup/champs league spot, if not another prem club

I rate Henderson and wouldn't like to see him go, but as we have other options, if I were RK i'd say 1 million and you can have him. I know he probably isn't worth quite that much but if they are Prem clubs then we should get what we can

Archived