Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
alanf0x

Elvis Hammond

You may feel i am being harsh on our Elvis after watching an extreamly frustrating game at the Walkers this evening but i just can't believe this guy is a professional footballer!!

It drives me mad when people around me shout, 'get Elvis on, we need his pace'

Need his pace, we need someone who has some bloody football ability! He has pace, but i would say Junior Lewis has better ability on the ball than him and he played like he was playing on the ice!!

He is a striker, he is paid by our club to score goals, not run around like a headless chicken.

How hard is it to stay onside?!

I would probably fancy Henderson to put away a one-on-one more so than Elvis.

As for his shooting, what does this guy do in training, does he not know how to hit a ball clean?

Sorry for the rant, its just this guy is really starting to grate with me! Watching him at half time tonight, flicking the ball around the pitch like he has no cares in the world! Its like football is a hobby to him, not a bloody career.

The sooner we get the likes of Elvis out of our club, the sooner we will move on to bigger and better things!

You may feel i am being harsh on our Elvis after watching an extreamly frustrating game at the Walkers this evening but i just can't believe this guy is a professional footballer!!

Need his pace, we need someone who has some bloody football ability! He has pace, but i would say Junior Lewis has better ability on the ball than him and he played like he was playing on the ice!!

He is a striker, he is paid by our club to score goals, not run around like a headless chicken.

As for his shooting, what does this guy do in training, does he not know how to hit a ball clean?

Sorry for the rant, its just this guy is really starting to grate with me! Watching him at half time tonight, flicking the ball around the pitch like he has no cares in the world! Its like football is a hobby to him, not a bloody career.

The sooner we get the likes of Elvis out of our club, the sooner we will move on to bigger and better things!

lol I just guess it shows how bad Horsfield was tonight then because I'm sure i found myself saying, get Hammond on!!!!!! Oh kill me now!

Thracian thinks he is the answer to our ills so you are wrong :thumbup:

I`m with you Stuhill, impossible though it may seem, tonight, as he was the only "striker" on the bench and Horsfield having a "mare" (sorry !) I was also wanting Elvis brought on, having said that, Elvis is quite simply apalling, he can run fast and that is it, end of story, no skill, no football brain, no fight, no enthusiasm, simply useless !! thank heavens there will be a new striker in very soon !

I've stated elsewhere Hammond's introduction coincided with our attack looking far more dangerous.

His speed and directness caused far more havoc in Leeds' defence than ever Horsfield's pedestrian walkabout did.

Others players found more space to, like Porter and Newton andgaps opened up which could so easily have produced a winning goal.

And, unlike at Palace when he only had a cameo part, we secured another point which put another notch on his generally excellent results record in matches he has played in for any peruiod of time.

I've stated elsewhere Hammond's introduction coincided with our attack looking far more dangerous.

His speed and directness caused far more havoc in Leeds' defence than ever Horsfield's pedestrian walkabout did.

Others players found more space to, like Porter and Newton andgaps opened up which could so easily have produced a winning goal.

And, unlike at Palace when he only had a cameo part, we secured another point which put another notch on his generally excellent results record in matches he has played in for any peruiod of time.

But it only happens when he's brought on, I never see us go for it when he starts, I admit he hasn't started much, but when he has we've been dreadful (Hillsborough sticks in my mind)

But it only happens when he's brought on, I never see us go for it when he starts, I admit he hasn't started much, but when he has we've been dreadful (Hillsborough sticks in my mind)

A couple of fans were discussing exactly that point beside me on the way home and were wondering if he simply lacks the stamina to maintain his momentum for a full game and therefore starts pacing himself from the off and therefore being less effective.

Just a thought.

Hammond dangerous ????? now you ARE having a laugh, Dangerous to the linesmans arm, repetative stress due to flagging the brain dead pratt offside, dangerous to Humes health having to run 40 yards for a ball that was under Hammonds nose, I know you talk endless drivell about our youngsters being the be all and end all but to defend such a pathetic lump, well, you have surpassed yourself there !

I agree, that the game did open up once Elvis did come on, but my point is how the hell is this guy making a living off of L.C.F.C. Paid to score goals; he has been on the pitch 68 times in total banging in a grand total of 9 goals.

Tonight a simple ball was played into his feet, it took 3 touches to try and attempt to trap the ball before bouncing away to a dirty leeds player. I just dont get how the hell he is making a living out of this sort of performance. Not just a living, a bloody healthy one!!

In my eyes, would much rather see Cadamarteri on the bench, has a footballing brain unlike hammond and has a much better first touch with the ability to bring others into play.

Dont get me wrong, Elvis works hard, but i wouldn't be at all surprised to see him fall through the leagues once we have got shot.

A poor mans Trevor Benj

Hammond dangerous ????? now you ARE having a laugh, Dangerous to the linesmans arm, repetative stress due to flagging the brain dead pratt offside, dangerous to Humes health having to run 40 yards for a ball that was under Hammonds nose, I know you talk endless drivell about our youngsters being the be all and end all but to defend such a pathetic lump, well, you have surpassed yourself there !

I have never talked about any youngster being the be all and end all - just footballing alternatives to some of the mindless plodders we sometimes select to wear our shirts - and I'm perfectly happy to stand by my assessment of Hammond and his record in the team this season.

A couple of fans were discussing exactly that point beside me on the way home and were wondering if he simply lacks the stamina to maintain his momentum for a full game and therefore starts pacing himself from the off and therefore being less effective.

Just a thought.

Its because his only weapon is pace, which is at its most useful whe he comes off the bench fresh aaginst tired defenders.

He offered more than Horsefield today, but then again Junior Leiws with his good foot amputated would have been.

I have never talked about any youngster being the be all and end all - just footballing alternatives to some of the mindless plodders we sometimes select to wear our shirts - and I'm perfectly happy to stand by my assessment of Hammond and his record in the team this season.

Do you really think he will be in a team that would get you out of the division? (the right way)

Totally agree mate, he is useless, you wouldnt mind his lack of brain/skill if he was banging goals in but hes not, absolute rubbish!

just after he came on there was a ball over the top and hammond just stood there obviously couldnt be arsed to chase it, Hume sprinted from 10 yards behind him to get the ball and won a throw in i think.

Hammonds in the same class as, Lee Marshall, Junior Lewis, Akinbiyi etc. SHITE

I came around to Thracian's way of thinking halfway through the first half for two reasons yesterday.

1. Horsfield was Horseshit for another game.

2. Putting Hammond on looked, tactically, the best possible answer.

For attacking football, you need space. We looked to be playing quite narrow yesterday, and for goal kicks and the like, both sets of defenders were pushing high, meaning all our players were in a space not much bigger than the centre circle.

A pacy player at the front gives you more movement and space UP the pitch, which you need when you've sacrificed width like we do a lot of the time. When a defense pushes up, too, they're more susceptable to the long ball over the top, which a swift player exacerbates.

By the time Hammond did come on, though, we were playing wider, which was odd, but he didn't do worse than Horsfield. He'd have had a job, let's face it.

Its a total reality check at the state of our squad and in particular strikers to think that Elvis Hammond, a striker who hasnt scored more than 10 goals in his whole career as a striker is going to be our saviour. He has pace, thats for sure but everything else is pants. His timing of a run is so poor its beyond belief. Its not like it is difficult to work out is it?! Come back Matty Fryatt and quickly....

Its a total reality check at the state of our squad and in particular strikers to think that Elvis Hammond, a striker who hasnt scored more than 10 goals in his whole career as a striker is going to be our saviour. He has pace, thats for sure but everything else is pants. His timing of a run is so poor its beyond belief. Its not like it is difficult to work out is it?! Come back Matty Fryatt and quickly....

I'm not saying I'd play him over Fryatt, but it was the right choice of sub, and he does open things up for us.

I'd still can him next season. Look for someone with pace who can actually finish.

I would play Hammond as the lesser of 2 evils.

Horsefield is a useless lazy immobile lump. Scarcely better than deep freeze.Despite this he gives off the impression he thinks is too good for the club/league- there was a suggestion his loan would be made permanent- FFS no!

Archived