Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vardinhio

Chris Coleman

Lets hope we play Plymouth early next season.

We don't want another manager sacked after a visit to Home Park.

It’s not surprising. Languishing at the bottom of the championship for the third season running and then to get spanked 3-0 by Plymouth, it doesn’t get much lower than that.

Finished 9th in the Premeir League with Fulham.

Whats Rob Kelly done?

Fulham, backed by a multi millionaire, with a squad of very good players!

Kelly, well he 'saved' us from almost certain relegation last year.

And no, I don't want to keep Kelly, but why should we have a reject (just sacked for being crap, and playing the most boring football in the Prem, won 1 away game ALL season!!!) put in his stead.

There must be someone better!!!! There must be!!!

Fulham, backed by a multi millionaire, with a squad of very good players!

Kelly, well he 'saved' us from almost certain relegation last year.

And no, I don't want to keep Kelly, but why should we have a reject (just sacked for being crap, and playing the most boring football in the Prem, won 1 away game ALL season!!!) put in his stead.

There must be someone better!!!! There must be!!!

Very good players? I think not. Ali Fayed hardly puts in massive amounts of cash either!

Three players.

Three very good players!! And suprisingly I can't name the squad that finished 9th (2003/04), but I'm betting these three were in it. And supported by some very able players as well. (Funnily enough bought in bt Tigana!!)

What's his buying record like, that is THE most important thing to me at the mo'!!

Three very good players!! And suprisingly I can't name the squad that finished 9th (2003/04), but I'm betting these three were in it. And supported by some very able players as well. (Funnily enough bought in bt Tigana!!)

What's his buying record like, that is THE most important thing to me at the mo'!!

D Beasant

L Boa Morte

C Bocanegra

J Bonnissel

M Buari

L Clark

M Crossley

S Davis

T Davis

M Djetou

A Goma

A Green

J Harley

B Hayles

M Hudson

J Inamoto

C John

Z Knight

D Leacock

S Legwinski

S Malbranque

S Marlet

B McBride

A Melville

I Pearce

M Pembridge

B Petta

D Pratley

Z Rehman

L Saha

F Sava

A Stolcers

E Van der Sar

M Volz

Please bear in mind that Saha and Malbranque were bought on the cheap, so Al Fayed hardly gave Tigana or Coleman an open cheque book.

He`s a decent enough manager who will know his stuff at this level Im sure. I dont know if he has achieved that much apart from nailing the American transfer market lol but he seems an OK manager. I`d have him ahead of most of the names that have been mentioned in recent times that for sure but Im positive that MM has sacked RK with the knowledge that he has someone already lined up and it would be too early for Coleman.

He`s a decent enough manager who will know his stuff at this level Im sure. I dont know if he has achieved that much apart from nailing the American transfer market lol but he seems an OK manager. I`d have him ahead of most of the names that have been mentioned in recent times that for sure but Im positive that MM has sacked RK with the knowledge that he has someone already lined up and it would be too early for Coleman.

I'm actually really hoping now that we've got him. He'll do what is needed at the club.

Probably best choice. But don't think it will happen because of emotional bonding with Fulham. Mike Newell or Worthington look more like it though MM might simply wait till the end of season with Rudkin et al in charge.

Probably best choice. But don't think it will happen because of emotional bonding with Fulham. Mike Newell or Worthington look more like it though MM might simply wait till the end of season with Rudkin et al in charge.

I guess all or nothing will be revealed in an hour

• 3 weeks later...

surely everyone knows how this stuff works by now. The manager's agent needs to plant this sort of story (oops sorry leak this exclusive) so that he keeps his client in the news and to ensure that those clubs that might be considering binning their manager are made aware that a wealthy club owner has been running the rule over him and they will have to act quickly or risk losing him to another club (qv Dowie).

MM probably has no problem being linked with everyone under the sun- it does his ego no harm and he has a genuine interest in listening to what a potential manager might bring to the party. So expect more of this sort of thing. Don't worry too much about Worthy either- he was a forgotten man and MM has raised his profile as the saviour of a relegation threatened club (lets hope) and increased his stock at the same time so even if he doesn't get the job he has improved his CV- everyone wins

I think Wortho is looking like the best option. Coleman and Ince don't have any experience at this level. Wortho has plenty and has even got promotion once.

Ridiculous thing to say really Phlashman. Are you saying you wouldn't want Alex Ferguson, Rafael Benitez, Arsene Wenger or Jose Mourinho because they don't have experience of managing in this league?

I know Coleman is no way near the class of the above, but just because he hasn't managed in this league doesn't mean he wouldn't be any good. He's managed in a harder league than this one and been fairly successful IMO. His win ratio for Fulham is about the same as Martin O'Neill's is in the premiership. Something to mull over.

Ridiculous thing to say really Phlashman. Are you saying you wouldn't want Alex Ferguson, Rafael Benitez, Arsene Wenger or Jose Mourinho because they don't have experience of managing in this league?

I know Coleman is no way near the class of the above, but just because he hasn't managed in this league doesn't mean he wouldn't be any good. He's managed in a harder league than this one and been fairly successful IMO. His win ratio for Fulham is about the same as Martin O'Neill's is in the premiership. Something to mull over.

Don't scare me like that!!! :sick:

Archived