Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vardinhio

Chris Coleman

I just feel Coleman has really just kept fulham at the level they've been at for a few years and if anything let it slip a little. Has he actually achived anything of note there?

He's proved he can stabilise a club, but I'm unsure of his skills reguearding building a new team and pushing up the leagues. I don't think just because someone has managed at premiership level makes them better manager, yeah it's a tough league, but so is the championship, more so than the premiership some might say.

I wouldn't be against Coleman, but at the moment I'd prefer Wortho, if he lasted 6 years at a club like Norwich, he must of done more things right than wrong and I think his experience of taking Norwich from the wrong end of the Championship and up to the Premiership and back down could really help, as he knows what mistakes he made, what works and doesn't work.

I just feel Coleman has really just kept fulham at the level they've been at for a few years and if anything let it slip a little. Has he actually achived anything of note there?

He's proved he can stabilise a club, but I'm unsure of his skills reguearding building a new team and pushing up the leagues. I don't think just because someone has managed at premiership level makes them better manager, yeah it's a tough league, but so is the championship, more so than the premiership some might say.

I wouldn't be against Coleman, but at the moment I'd prefer Wortho, if he lasted 6 years at a club like Norwich, he must of done more things right than wrong and I think his experience of taking Norwich from the wrong end of the Championship and up to the Premiership and back down could really help, as he knows what mistakes he made, what works and doesn't work.

Some good points there, as you say. It's impossible to say if Coleman would be any good or not at this level, but he has plenty of admirers in a footballing sense.

I think that one of thereasons why Coleman is held in high regard is because his predesssor wasted loads of money on donkeys like Marley and since CC took over he always sells his best players and has to replace them with cut-price players. I saw a list somewhere on the net of the players he has sold but cant find it but it includes the likes of...

Boa Morte

Saha

Van Der Sar

Malbranque

Quedrue

I cant think of the others but there was at least 10 on the list I saw of quality players he has had to sell for one reason or another. Coleman has done well in being able to identify cheaper players to keep Fulham in the Premiership which I suppose is a good attribute to have as he has done well by raiding clubs as far away as America and has landed some decent players along the way quite cheaply like Diop.

Im still unconvinced who I want but I want an auction like scenario taking place with loads of managers applying for the job in a month or so and hopefully we`ll be in a great position of picking from a long list instead of scraping the barrel.

Im still unconvinced who I want but I want an auction like scenario taking place with loads of managers applying for the job in a month or so and hopefully we`ll be in a great position of picking from a long list instead of scraping the barrel.

Spot on. Hopefully we will be in a position of being approached rather then approaching people and then MM can pick someone with the vision, ideas, contacts, experience and all the rest of it. There should be a number of candidates (of which NW will be almost certainly be one) and then we can pick the one that best suits us.

Spot on. Hopefully we will be in a position of being approached rather then approaching people and then MM can pick someone with the vision, ideas, contacts, experience and all the rest of it. There should be a number of candidates (of which NW will be almost certainly be one) and then we can pick the one that best suits us.

WE won't be picking anyone. Milan will decide who he wants, not us!

No sure I agree that the championship is a tougher league. At a club like fulham when you look through your fixture list to see where you will get your points you would expect to pick up zero points from the likes of Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal both home and away - so 8 games where you are likely to get zero points, though in fairness this was not the case. Not quite the same in our league as we can and have picked up points against Derby, Sunderland and Birmingham.

I think it is also unfair to judge Chris Coleman to much about how Fulham have performed as the chairman, Mr Al Fayed, would want to get involved with a lot of issues at the club and from what I have seen of him in documentaries he is as barmy as they come and therefore completely unpredictable.

In an ideal world, Coleman would get the job, make superb signings and we'd go staight up to the Prem and stay there.. but it isn't an ideal world. Therefore as much as I want Coleman to get the job in the Summer, I think MM will give it to NW because of the way the players have improved knowing they will be playing to keep their jobs. Once NW is given the job on a full time basis the players will revert to their normal lazy-selves.

This is unless NW can make some very good signings... either way, as long as we avoid relegation we are in for an exciting summer :D

Some good points there, as you say. It's impossible to say if Coleman would be any good or not at this level, but he has plenty of admirers in a footballing sense.

I will also explain why I am not a fan of coleman for the job.

At fulham he had a bigger budget (whilst not big for the premiership still bigger then ours will ever be) was in the premiership meaning can get players of high calibre and can win games with attractive football, survival was probably the main aim.

Here he would have to change his stance on away games completely, just winning home games and then losing your away games isnt going to win promotion he would have to be pushing for a win in every game just about, he would have to start scouting lower league clubs for players and work with different types of players then he has been used to at fulham and finally get used to a more physcial game in the championship.

nowhere as nearly as annoying as ppl touting wortho for the management role at our club.

I agree, and all this bollocks about us needing a manager thats managed in this league, its really grinding. If a manager is any good he can manage any league/team.

I believe this guy could take us back to the premiership if hes given the chance.

Views?

I agree. Coleman would b good. But, I think we shud give Ince a nice chance. He is a leader, a legend. Same as Roy Keane.

I think Sunderland players love what Keano has done for the game and look upto him. Thats y they want 2 play for him.

Ince as the next Roy Keane. :dunno:

The man. A Legend. Immense.

:worship:

I agree. Coleman would b good. But, I think we shud give Ince a nice chance. He is a leader, a legend. Same as Roy Keane.

I think Sunderland players love what Keano has done for the game and look upto him. Thats y they want 2 play for him.

Ince as the next Roy Keane. :dunno:

The man. A Legend. Immense.

:worship:

Im sorry but Paul Ince is not a legend. He is a bottler. Always has. Always will. Someone who goes round calling themselves the guv'nor is a bit of a muppett really !!

Im sorry but Paul Ince is not a legend. He is a bottler. Always has. Always will. Someone who goes round calling themselves the guv'nor is a bit of a muppett really !!

Have to agree with that .......Paul Ince may well turn out to be an outstanding manager, but at the moment he is relatively inexperienced. I feel it would be rather like putting all your worldly posessions on a 33/1 shot to win the Grand National.....

Archived