Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vardinhio

Chris Coleman

And what Big Fish would that be in your opinion?

We've had to stand Adams, Levein and Kelly for so long now. None of those three has any substantial Premiership experience (apart from MA to a certain extent).

If you want to go back up, given the current resources, the stadium, the owner and the fanbase, Chris Coleman has my vote.

Certainly the best option overall.

I have to agree, there aren't many options out there at the moment, non that will satisfy Thracian anyway!!

What Leicester City needs is a focused, ruthless, winner or someone who has shown genuine potential for being a winner.

This is all well and good but i'm sure every club in the land wants a focused ruthless winner. As it stands I don't see Mourinho leaving Chelsea for us. So you have to try and get the best that in availible. I think Coleman has done pretty well during his 10 years at fulham they play good football and his signings have been pretty good. Saha, Boa-Morte Bullard etc.

I concur thast the leicester job is not an easy one but we are still have a much better ground, fanbase facilites, etc than half the teams in this division. So i'd rather take the City job than say the Plymouth one.

Chris Coleman would be a major coup.

Its funny cos I was drivin round yesterday in the daytime and I had 5live on and they had said that Chris Coleman had stated that he had not pulled out of a challenge as a player and that he would not pull out of one as a manager ie. relegation battle. And I thought your on your way out son its clear the board had prob asked him to stand down and when he said no they sacked him and very very very quickly put Lawrie in charge....

If he comes here, then great, if he does nothing else at least he'll sack off Hammond once again....

If I were CC, I'd take my big fat pay-off, have a few weeks in the sun, perhaps do a bit of media work in the new season and then think about a new job at a Prem club round about Christmas time after having weighed up a few job offers with Mrs CC.

I think it's highly unlikely (but not completely impossible) that he'll panic and grab the first job that comes along with a freakshow club like ours.

Plenty of better-placed clubs will be looking for managers over the next few months. Newcastle? Derby? Man City? West Ham? Charlton? Birmingham? Northern Ireland? Sunderland??? Palace????? etc...

That's my thinking. How many managers get the sack and then take another job within a week or two? I think we'd be lucky to get him before the summer, if at all. He's a good manager and plays the sort of football i'd like to see at Leicester. Coleman got Fulham to never know when they are beaten at home and away from home, although their record was pretty bad this season. They never went away with a fear factor of trying to nick a point, perhaps they should have? Perhaps that's Coleman's naivety, but I like a manager who goes out to win every match by taking it to teams.

I would be delighted if Chris Coleman became our next manager, i'm not convinced he'll come though.

I think at this stage its the best option available to LCFC, we need a strong manager who plays a hard game, everytime we have played them in the time he was at fulham his team have been physical, I know we beat them in the cup but another year of RK would be punishment.

Stand aside Robert, still coah us by all means Coleman over to you.

I agree. People seem to see a guy who manages in the prem and they want him, regardless of whether they have achieved anything of any note. Pearce and Coleman are perfect examples.

Offer any one of the people available a job until the summer, can't be any worse than we are at the minute so I don't see the harm. Problem is they will all want 3 year contracts so they get a pay off if they fail.

No offence Babylon, but although you are entitled to your opinion. You aren't one to ever come up with any suggestions yourself. I suppose that way you can't be accused of being a plonker if the manager you wanted comes in and has a nightmare :D That's happened to me with Levein!

Reveal your hand Babylon!!

And anyway, what on earth is wrong with Chris Coleman? Surviving as a manager in the best league in Europe for 4 years at a small club, isn't a bad way to start your managerial career. Especially when our owner would absolutely love it if we were to attain a permiership place and stay there for several years without having to blow a fortune on doing so.

Am I right, that whilst MON was 'laid off' looking after his wife he helped CC out at FULHAM I heard that he was always at arms distance to give advice, MON is always quite a good judge of character and surely would be able to advise CC if he was offered such a position.

The timing seems right to change things at City and as MON said ' its the fans that pay, once you disprespect that you will start lose them' now some if not most fans on here think it would be the right move

Am I right, that whilst MON was 'laid off' looking after his wife he helped CC out at FULHAM I heard that he was always at arms distance to give advice, MON is always quite a good judge of character and surely would be able to advise CC if he was offered such a position.

The timing seems right to change things at City and as MON said ' its the fans that pay, once you disprespect that you will start lose them' now some if not most fans on here think it would be the right move

MON also said that Avril lavigne was a good manager when we got him.

I think you're all forgetting one crucial point.

He managed to sell Elvis Hammond for 250k :o

That's why he should join us.

He's obviously learned his lesson and will be easily able to sell Hammond again, this time for a meagre 500k. :mrgreen:

I'm a bit confused... What exactly has Chris Coleman actually done to warrant this outpouring of love?? :unsure:

To my knowledge he had a bunch of very expensive player (who were underperfoming) got them playing okay for a season, got the chance to keep his job (Hmmm... Kelly anyone) and now plays, according to Fulham fans, the most boring football on the planet. Supposedly Wigan v Fulham was the worst Premiership game EVER!!!

What's the attraction!!???

I'd like to see Coleman here but I don't see him taking a job this soon after been sacked. As other people have said in this thread, plenty of other premiership jobs will be available for him in the summer so he will probably wait until then to weigh up his options.

Leicester will no doubt be a challenge for him and he may want to take that on board. We have a big stadium, good fanbase and an ambitous chairman willing to spend some money. Not always do you get that at every club you go to. But this is Leicester City.

I really do not want to run the risk of Kelly taking us down but any manager that we appoint now has to be long term. If Coleman could come in now, have a look at the players decide who needs to go then I would be happy. I just don't see him coming here.

I see this as a great oppotunity for Leicester City. I think he has the experience and drive to get Leicester to the Prem. I know ppl will say he hasn't really achieved much at Fulham, but he has turned them in to an established Prem side which is a mamouth task if you as me, and one that so many other managers have failed to do! His signings have been good over the years with not a huge budget. I like his passion and his honesty!

I am very suprised there are ppl who are against such an appointment. Especially Thrac who i presume thinks Paul Ince would be a better appointment?! For me he is the Man of the moment! The only Question is...will he come here???

And what Big Fish would that be in your opinion?

We've had to stand Adams, Levein and Kelly for so long now. None of those three has any substantial Premiership experience (apart from MA to a certain extent).

If you want to go back up, given the current resources, the stadium, the owner and the fanbase, Chris Coleman is VERY much the man when it comes to English league football and knows how to get the best out of a "franchise" (to use an American term).

He's young, he's hungry and can light a fire. Certainly the best option overall.

But what fire has he lit?. He comes across great but has achieved very little. Reminding me of Adams, Levein and Kelly hasn't helped my morning but it does emphasise that we need someone special this time, although Levein did, at least have a vision of sorts.

I've expressed my preferences for manager many times but there are others. Nice guys tend to be at the bottom of my list. Controlled yes, supportive when required, utterly focused...but not nice. It's a fatal flaw.

I really do not want to run the risk of Kelly taking us down but any manager that we appoint now has to be long term. If Coleman could come in now, have a look at the players decide who needs to go then I would be happy. I just don't see him coming here.

He is ruthless in terms of transfers and thats what I like about him. A player doesn't want to play for the club, and he's sold at the first opportunity.

You can also look at the signings he made for Fulham: Saha, Malbronque (sp), Boa Morte - and they've got good youngsters in at the moment such as Dempsey.

The prices they managed to get for Boa Morte and Saha are also positive factors, plus he has a good relationship with Mourinho, which could mean some loan signings? :dunno:

But what fire has he lit?. He comes across great but has achieved very little. Reminding me of Adams, Levein and Kelly hasn't helped my morning but it does emphasise that we need someone special this time, although Levein did, at least have a vision of sorts.

I've expressed my preferences for manager many times but there are others. Nice guys tend to be at the bottom of my list. Controlled yes, supportive when required, utterly focused...but not nice. It's a fatal flaw.

Be nice if we could get a Roy Keane but they are few and far between.

Archived