Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vardinhio

Chris Coleman

I think you're all forgetting one crucial point.

He managed to sell Elvis Hammond for 250k :o

£300,000!!! Best bit of business he's ever done.

But what fire has he lit?. He comes across great but has achieved very little. Reminding me of Adams, Levein and Kelly hasn't helped my morning but it does emphasise that we need someone special this time, although Levein did, at least have a vision of sorts.

I've expressed my preferences for manager many times but there are others. Nice guys tend to be at the bottom of my list. Controlled yes, supportive when required, utterly focused...but not nice. It's a fatal flaw.

Hold up Thracian. What manager could we attract that's done a great deal in the premiership in terms of achievement. I assume you mean trophies. So Graham Souness is your man then pal, a couple of cups won. Mandaric wants a manager with PREMIERSHIP experience and that's all the experience Chris Coleman has ever had as a manager.

Chris Coleman has been in management for four years. In those four years he's managed to keep Fulham in the premiership with a fairly small transfer budget compared to most clubs. That job is getting increasingly more difficult to do. You want Paul Ince, but what exactly has he ever done as a manager if Coleman hasn't lit many fires?

He's the best realistic suggestion so far.

Oh and by the way, where have you got the 'nice man' tag from. I get the impression he's quite a calculating manager who know's how to get the best out of a player either by bollocking them or boosting their confidence and ego's.

£300,000!!! Best bit of business he's ever done.

Hold up Thracian. What manager could we attract that's done a great deal in the premiership in terms of achievement. I assume you mean trophies. So Graham Souness is your man then pal, a couple of cups won. Mandaric wants a manager with PREMIERSHIP experience and that's all the experience Chris Coleman has ever had as a manager.

Chris Coleman has been in management for four years. In those four years he's managed to keep Fulham in the premiership with a fairly small transfer budget compared to most clubs. That job is getting increasingly more difficult to do. You want Paul Ince, but what exactly has he ever done as a manager if Coleman hasn't lit many fires?

He's the best realistic suggestion so far.

Agreed.

Thracian will want the moon on a stick though.

At IMPACT a guess, an attack IMPACT minded total-football kind of man. Aged IMPACT just 15 but having already won every major honour in football. And a nice fella to boot, with such nice strong thighs.....

But what fire has he lit?. He comes across great but has achieved very little. Reminding me of Adams, Levein and Kelly hasn't helped my morning but it does emphasise that we need someone special this time, although Levein did, at least have a vision of sorts.

I've expressed my preferences for manager many times but there are others. Nice guys tend to be at the bottom of my list. Controlled yes, supportive when required, utterly focused...but not nice. It's a fatal flaw.

Sorry, but what are you expecting? We aren't going to get a manager with a glowing CV.

Sorry, but what are you expecting? We aren't going to get a manager with a glowing CV.

Then we'll have to find a good one who hasn't got a glowing CV. But Coleman's spent quite enough time in football to have collected some pluses and, sadly, he's not managed it.

Manwell, he wants Ince. The only fire Ince has lit was in his £50,000 Platinum finished fire place from Harrods in his Sports Room. Impressive.

Manwell, he wants Ince. The only fire Ince has lit was in his £50,000 Platinum finished fire place from Harrods in his Sports Room. Impressive.

I think Ince could do well and wouild prefer him to coleman but if you pushed me for my preferred choice (or realistically available options) it would be Newell, as it was before Kelly was appointed.

I think Ince could do well and wouild prefer him to coleman but if you pushed me for my preferred choice (or realistically available options) it would be Newell, as it was before Kelly was appointed.

What credentials has Ince got over Coleman. I can understand Newell as he's a decent pedigree, but Ince has far less nouse than Coleman. Who has survived in the toughest and most prestigous league in the world for 4 years running. There's very few blemishes on his CV pal.

Fulham fans have wanted Coleman out for a while now, its no coincidence that Sanchez was hired just hours after his dismissal. Milan has been talking to them and everything has been agreed IMO.

That's what I suggested. After hearing about Robson now I hope we don't get him.

What credentials has Ince got over Coleman. I can understand Newell as he's a decent pedigree, but Ince has far less nouse than Coleman. Who has survived in the toughest and most prestigous league in the world for 4 years running. There's very few blemishes on his CV pal.

Survived? He finished ninth in his first season. With Fulham! Thats before he had a load of clout to spend.

Survived? He finished ninth in his first season. With Fulham! Thats before he had a load of clout to spend.

And then he kept them there, Wigan could go down second season, Ipswich went down second season, West Ham may be going down second season, and it could happen to Reading.

Coleman managed to keep them in the Premiership for many seasons quite solidly, playing attacking football.

I'm still not pursuaded by Coleman, really what has he done!???

More than Newell, Ince, Robson and most of the other likely lads we've been linked with.

None of them have the experience of keeping a team in the premiership for 3-4 consecutive seasons without having to spend a fortune.

Archived