Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vardinhio

Chris Coleman

Yeah a lot of Welsh people really want Coleman but he might want another crack at club management. I think he's done a good job at Fulham who have a willy puller of a chairman who sold all their best players, didn't replace them and still CC kept them up :thumbup:

If I were CC, I'd take my big fat pay-off, have a few weeks in the sun, perhaps do a bit of media work in the new season and then think about a new job at a Prem club round about Christmas time after having weighed up a few job offers with Mrs CC.

I think it's highly unlikely (but not completely impossible) that he'll panic and grab the first job that comes along with a freakshow club like ours.

Plenty of better-placed clubs will be looking for managers over the next few months. Newcastle? Derby? Man City? West Ham? Charlton? Birmingham? Northern Ireland? Sunderland??? Palace????? etc...

I think Coleman would be a good choice. But would he go for Leicester?

He would get money to spend.

Leicester attract bigger crowds than Fulham, better stadium ect.

Would he see Leicester as a step backwards when he could wait a couple of months and find a Premier job?

But football is partly a game of luck, we have been lucky in getting MM, may be the lucky streak continues and we get CC!!

lol Nah there has seriously been rumours in the papers about Fulham signing Kisnorbo and McCarthy in the summer.

Kisnorbo I can accept. :thumbup:

The Paddy Mac rumour I just find bizarre.

For the record, I'd like to see CC join us, but I can't see it happening.

Toshack will be Wales manager 'til 2008 at very earliest and Coleman's already said he isn't ready for it yet; I agree, too. I love Coleman to bits, always have. He's honest, hard working, Welsh, amusing and loves to charge like a mad bull at referees. But I do find myself questioning his credentials to take the VERY difficult job of managing Leicester. We don't know how much Milan is realistically going to give a manager to spend, we know that the club, the city, the fans and the chairman expect large steps towards promotion in the next two seasons and we know that the current state of the club is crushingly dire.

What's Coleman achieved in management that suggests he's the man for the job? Again, I reiterate that I'd LOVE him to come here - but remember it wasn't him (I don't think?) that TOOK Fulham to the Premiership. He just kept them in lower-mid-table Premiership obscurity for a few years with a side no worse than the likes of Coppell, Jewel, Sparkie and Moyes have done plenty of better things with.

In the voice of Starsky - DO IT! DO IT!

Excellent opportunity to turn the tables round. Get the bloke in now, I seriously do not see many better opportunities turning up than this.

So I expect if we dont even make an approach for him in the next 48 hrs then Milan has someone else lined up.

Coleman in!

Newell or even Hoddle would have been "ok" choices IMHO... but beyond that theres no one IMHO, although anyone is better than the current crock of sh*te that passess for our coaching staff, but CC has to be considered head and shoulders above anyone else who's a realistic target :thumbup:

Assuming that MM wants him which itself isn't a given, would he want to come now when he might be managing a Division 3 club next year if we don't halt our slide?

He is the obvious chioce for a replacement, are can't see anyone else that wouod be more suitable!!

Apart from trying to play some decent football which I do like can someone explain the reason's why he'd be a better bet than other candidates that have been mentioned like Newell or Ince?

Unlike some, he's had years as a manager, but has made no great impact. He strikes you as an honest, articulate, even likeable guy but that's not what we need is it.

What Leicester City needs is a focused, ruthless, winner or someone who has shown genuine potential for being a winner.

Chris Coleman carries no special weight because of his Premiership experience... Horsfield and Newton have had that as players and a fat lot of good its done.

If our target were simply to finish a bit higher up the table than Kelly's managed then Coleman might suit us fine. But our target is the Premiership.

It is going to be a much harder challenge than Mandaric thinks and there's only a flickering chance of achieveing it even with an outstanding manager. Coleman's offered no evidence that he is outstanding apart from his recovery from serious injury after his accident.

Apart from trying to play some decent football which I do like can someone explain the reason's why he'd be a better bet than other candidates that have been mentioned like Newell or Ince?

Unlike some, he's had years as a manager, but has made no great impact. He strikes you as an honest, articulate, even likeable guy but that's not what we need is it.

What Leicester City needs is a focused, ruthless, winner or someone who has shown genuine potential for being a winner.

Chris Coleman carries no special weight because of his Premiership experience... Horsfield and Newton have had that as players and a fat lot of good its done.

If our target were simply to finish a bit higher up the table than Kelly's managed then Coleman might suit us fine. But our target is the Premiership.

It is going to be a much harder challenge than Mandaric thinks and there's only a flickering chance of achieveing it even with an outstanding manager. Coleman's offered no evidence that he is outstanding apart from his recovery from serious injury after his accident.

And what Big Fish would that be in your opinion?

We've had to stand Adams, Levein and Kelly for so long now. None of those three has any substantial Premiership experience (apart from MA to a certain extent).

If you want to go back up, given the current resources, the stadium, the owner and the fanbase, Chris Coleman is VERY much the man when it comes to English league football and knows how to get the best out of a "franchise" (to use an American term).

He's young, he's hungry and can light a fire. Certainly the best option overall.

I see what you are saying, but I'm not sure we are in a position to attract a manager with those credentials right now. I can see us needing two managers to get us to the Prem. One to get us to playoff contenders and fail, and another to see the potential and make us Premiership class. And about 5 years :thumbup:

I agree. People seem to see a guy who manages in the prem and they want him, regardless of whether they have achieved anything of any note. Pearce and Coleman are perfect examples.

Offer any one of the people available a job until the summer, can't be any worse than we are at the minute so I don't see the harm. Problem is they will all want 3 year contracts so they get a pay off if they fail.

Archived