Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wasyls Pec Deck

Kisnorbo

Eclipse Paddy McCarthy?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. for captain

• Yes
    • No

Kisnorbo is injury prone we've just been lucky, he's got a dodgy knee.

But yeah go on then.

Not technically true. He fooked his knee the season we signed him on a pre-contract. But since he recovered from that and gained a limp, he's rarely been out injured. I suppose it could flare up again, you never know. I feared for him when I saw him run for the first time after his long lay off.

Not technically true. He fooked his knee the season we signed him on a pre-contract. But since he recovered from that and gained a limp, he's rarely been out injured. I suppose it could flare up again, you never know. I feared for him when I saw him run for the first time after his long lay off.

Sure he's had a slight problem at some point while he's been here.

In any case serious knee injuries can always come back to haunt you.

No.

He's a good defender but he's not vocal enough or inspiring enough. In fact he seems to play BETTER when Big McAuley's playing with him.

I'd probably give it to Hume at the minute.

As for next season, I'd like to see someone more experienced take it.

I think he is the best choice at the minute.
I'd rather have a more vocal captain to inspire his team-mates but he's the best candidate.

Agreed. He is the best to do it at the moment.

Not enough presence, the defence looks piss-poor at present & with him as captain & central defender some of the blame surely has to rest with him. He cannot organise them.

McAuley would be my preferred choice for next season and either him or Tiatto for the rest of this.

On balance no... he's a good centre half and one of the better players from a dire season and he should be kept and he should be be a starter for us next season... but i dont see him as vocal enougth we need somone more commanding, Weso if he comes good in a few seasons time (he's far too young for the arm band IMHO), out of the players we have at the moment I'd say McAuley or Hume at a push :dunno: ....but we simply dont know who's comming and who's arriving next season (somthing we wont know untill its clear what division we're in!) so not sure.

Worthington hasn't managed a game for us yet so it's impossible to decide how good he'll be.

...so why is he a muppet?

i have watched enough football to know that Worthington is not a good manager and not good enough for this club. how can you compare this situation with Nigel Worthington. Kisnorbo would be the best choice for captain from the current squad, but who knows who we will sign, we could sign a real leader who would be an obvious choice.

i fail to see your point, Worthington has been a manager before, Kisnorbo has not been a captain before. we know there are better management options out there, are there better captains out there who will be at the club come August? impossible to say.

Not enough presence, the defence looks piss-poor at present & with him as captain & central defender some of the blame surely has to rest with him. He cannot organise them.

McAuley would be my preferred choice for next season and either him or Tiatto for the rest of this.

Nail on head. Cannot agree more. Kisnorbo is a good second centre-back but certainly not a natural leader there.

It was interesting to read an article on Daniel Agger who attributes a large amount of his success to having Carragher consantly talking to him, telling him where to stand, urging him on. We need an experienced leader like that in our back four, talking and organising.

I don't know how loud or leader like McAuley is so I will wait to see who we get in the Summer as I am sure we will bring in some experienced players.

It is one of our major problems that we don't have a natural and inspiring leader who can talk to players. To me it was the most impressive thing about Moore when Derby were hear - how he was constantly talking to his team-mates and making sure they were organised.

He has lead this team into the relegation zone and you want more of the same......hell no! He deserves just as much crap as Kelly did. As captain, he possibly had some say in picking the team and he's certainly responsible for rallying them on the field, which from all accounts, he has failed to do.

No.

He's a good defender but he's not vocal enough or inspiring enough. In fact he seems to play BETTER when Big McAuley's playing with him.

I'd probably give it to Hume at the minute.

As for next season, I'd like to see someone more experienced take it.

Precisely.

Archived