Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxad

Stephen Hughes

I don't think he's our worst player by a long way, but I got fed up of defending him one more time. We can find better players around the world. He's just not physically good enough, not just in terms of his strength but his pace as well. Lack of both, obviously. We need to be harder, better, faster, stronger. I guess Hughes is aerodynamic but that isn't really important in modern football. We've held onto him too long and found out that he is human after all.

If we can get back more than we paid for him then happy days. If not, then he's worth keeping as a squad player IMO. Mainly because he's not the worst player in our squad by a long shot and I can't see us signing 15 new players this summer so we still need some of the shower from last season to stay around.

If we can get back more than we paid for him then happy days. If not, then he's worth keeping as a squad player IMO. Mainly because he's not the worst player in our squad by a long shot and I can't see us signing 15 new players this summer so we still need some of the shower from last season to stay around.

With Johnson, Williams and Tiatto all having left thats three midfielders that need replacing...add in the desperate need for a right midfielder and I wouldn't have a problem with Hughes as a squad player as I just can't see us bringing in five midfielders this summer.

With Johnson, Williams and Tiatto all having left thats three midfielders that need replacing...add in the desperate need for a right midfielder and I wouldn't have a problem with Hughes as a squad player as I just can't see us bringing in five midfielders this summer.

Exactly.

Lots of players I'd ship out before i've moved to oust Hughes... but he's still a player I'll be happy to see the back of, but in many ways it all depends who we get in to replace him.

can someone copy the article please for some reason the bbc site never loads up on my comp :angry:

any fee involved?

how much did we pay for him in first place i cannot remember? 500k was it?

can someone copy the article please for some reason the bbc site never loads up on my comp :angry:

any fee involved?

how much did we pay for him in first place i cannot remember? 500k was it?

Hearts targeting Rae and Hughes

Gavin Rae has had an injury-hit time at Ibrox

Hearts are in talks with departing Rangers midfielder Gavin Rae, and the former Ibrox player, Stephen Hughes, about possible moves to Tynecastle.

Rae, 29, has been told that he will not play a part in Walter Smith's plans for next season and is free to leave.

BBC Scotland understands that Hughes, who left Rangers in January 2005, is also in talks about a summer move.

Rae joined Rangers from Dundee in January 2004 but has endured an injury-hit time in Glasgow.

Hearts targeting Rae and Hughes

Gavin Rae has had an injury-hit time at Ibrox

Hearts are in talks with departing Rangers midfielder Gavin Rae, and the former Ibrox player, Stephen Hughes, about possible moves to Tynecastle.

Rae, 29, has been told that he will not play a part in Walter Smith's plans for next season and is free to leave.

BBC Scotland understands that Hughes, who left Rangers in January 2005, is also in talks about a summer move.

Rae joined Rangers from Dundee in January 2004 but has endured an injury-hit time in Glasgow.

cheers :thumbup:

He's not great and I probably wouldn't have him in my first team but we've got a lot worse to get rid of and he could be a decent squad player.

I'd let him go for a decent fee (£300k+) though.

i wouldnt be too bothered about getting a fee for him. we got the money now to cope without. thats not to say we shouldnt get a fee but if it meant a free transfer just to get rid of him, i'd be up for that. :D

Archived