Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxad

Stephen Hughes

Of course we'll get a fee! He's under contract and he's not a bad player despite what we think of him.

Yes but take in context he wanted to negotiate termination of contract which would be significantly cheaper than a transfer fee.

Hughes was bollocks.

Not 'The Bollocks' - just plain old bollocks.

The fact that there are people in this world that want to pay money for him is just yet another argument to ban everyone apart from me (and those approved by me) from voting...for they have to be idiots.

Just to round off this post - Hughes is bollocks.

Er, what? When exactly did he want his contract terminating.

I'm sure I read it on a link from here, his agent/rep had said so. DavieG posted it in previous page

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=4...still+searching

Motherwell manager Mark McGhee is hoping to build on the signing of Chris Porter and bring a number of new faces to Fir Park.

The SPL side completed the signing of the highly-rated Oldham striker on a free transfer on Tuesday, and will have a number of other faces along for the ride during their pre-season training camp in Austria.

Motherwell are believed to have handed a trial to two unnamed Polish players, whilst Hamburg's German Under 21 international Mustapha Kucukovic has emerged as a loan target.

"There will be some who join us over there (Austria) on trial, one or two who I am hoping to sign on a permanent basis, one or two who might join us on loan," said McGhee.

The Motherwell manager also has Celtic's Adam Virgo and Leicester's Stephen Hughes in his sights, even if there could be stiff competition for the Foxes midfielder.

"He [Hughes] is a player we are interested in but whether we can bring him here remains to be seen, there is competition," McGhee added.

Celtic defender Virgo - who spent last season on loan at Coventry - is a reported target for McGhee, but it is understood that the clubs have had no contact regarding the player as yet.

Thought we could have got more than that for him, but considering we only paid £100k for him and he's been mostly shite for us, £50k is a reasonable offer. Getting him off the wage bill is probably all Allen and Mandaric are concerned about.

I would personally think he's worth more than that, we just want rid of him and the fee is unimportant.

As they say - something is only worth what someone else is prepared to pay.

I don't give a flying fvck if you have the only Panini sticker showing Vinny Jones felching Dennis Wise: If no one wants it because it's crap then you're not going to get much for it.

Hughes was crap; people can bitch about it being all Kelly's fault all they want but the truth of the matter smacked you in the face everytime he took to the pitch last season.

No, he's not worth £50K - but if we take that off anyone we'll be running to the bank giggling like stoned idiots with a balloon full of laughing gas.

As they say - something is only worth what someone else is prepared to pay.I don't give a flying fvck if you have the only Panini sticker showing Vinny Jones felching Dennis Wise: If no one wants it because it's crap then you're not going to get much for it.Hughes was crap; people can bitch about it being all Kelly's fault all they want but the truth of the matter smacked you in the face everytime he took to the pitch last season.No, he's not worth £50K - but if we take that off anyone we'll be running to the bank giggling like stoned idiots with a balloon full of laughing gas.

True but had we held out a bit longer someone else would have taken a look at him for more money, the fact that we've accepted a 50k bid for him has already woken Forest up for example.I'm not overly bothred about it when all is said and done it's 50k and him off the wage bill.

Gone greedy :nono::banghead: Come on Forest, help us out here!
lol this was always going to be the problem with him going back to Scotland.

Archived