Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
alanf0x

Martin Allen appointed Leicester manager

The Walkers Stadium, Friday 25th May 2007, 11.00am.

MM: "Welcome ladies and gentlemen. Thank you for being at the Walkers Stadium today for a very important announcement. After much soul-searching I have decided that I made a mistake in February in buying Leicester City. I have therefore decided to sell. Many offers, substantial offers were put on the table (well, one actually). After repeated assurances I feel that the club will be in safe hands. Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to introduce the new owners of Leicester City Football Club...

Ken Bates and Dennis Wise! :eek: :eek:

And then I woke up, sweating cobs!!!! That was close!!!

Nothing on Lcfc website or sky sports hope it is true now we can start signing players :)

Im hoping, hendrie will be the first signing. Wouldn't be able to live it down with my cov supporting mates if he turned us down for Cov!

The Walkers Stadium, Friday 25th May 2007, 11.00am.

MM: "Welcome ladies and gentlemen. Thank you for being at the Walkers Stadium today for a very important announcement. After much soul-searching I have decided that I made a mistake in February in buying Leicester City. I have therefore decided to sell. Many offers, substantial offers were put on the table (well, one actually). After repeated assurances I feel that the club will be in safe hands. Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to introduce the new owners of Leicester City Football Club...

Ken Bates and Dennis Wise! :eek: :eek:

And then I woke up, sweating cobs!!!! That was close!!!

:laugh:

Before FT crashes into oblivion due to traffice I would like to say I am WELL chuffed. I am excited, but obviously cautious after the monkey dance we have seen over the past 3 years.

I hope this is the start of something BIG!

But it will have to wait. On monday I am going to be a Baggies fan for the day!!BOINGBOING

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Well I'm afraid I can't share your enthusiasm yet. I'm reserving judgement on MA. I just hope he brings in some new talent and not the knackered has-beens that have been mentioned on here before.

Some intetreting things reported here.

Martin Allen is set to become Leicester City boss.

MARTIN Allen was last night finalising his shock move to become Leicester City's new manager – just days after he failed to secure MK Dons promotion from League Two.

The Dons reluctantly granted the ambitious Championship club permission to speak to Allen on Monday, and Foxes chairman Milan Mandaric broke off a foreign trip last night to fly in and wrap up the deal.

The Citizen understands a compensation package in the region of £150,000 is being agreed between the clubs for the remaining year, with a further year's option, on Allen's contract at MK.

He is expected to be officially unveiled at the Walkers Stadium either later today (Thursday) or tomorrow on a three-year contract.

Allen, who only replaced the sacked Danny Wilson at the Dons last June, is expected to take his backroom team of Adrian Whitbread, Damien Doyle, Dave Hockaday, Junior Lewis and Ademole Bankole with him.

Multi-millionaire Mandaric is ready to give Allen a huge transfer kitty to get the Foxes into the Premiership, and said: "He has impressed me with his attitude to the game and he shows great enthusiasm all the time.

"It is the sort of passion that I feel has been missing from this club for a long time, and I want to try to restore it to the team and to the fans.

"He seems a good young manager and I want someone who is going to be a long-term asset to the club."

The move would complete a whirlwind 11 months for Allen, whose Dons side lost 2-1 on aggregate to Shrewsbury in the play-off semi-finals last Friday night, after he had arrived from Brentford with the intention of building a team fit for the club's lavish new 22,000-seater stadium.

Sources close to Dons chairman Pete Winkelman say he feels 'let down' by Allen, who just days ago claimed he would stick with the Dons to see the job through.

Allen said last Friday night after the Dons' play-off exit: "The planning and preparation for next season was already set up, whether we went up or not, with my staff and myself to carry on doing my job.

"I've got nearly all my pre-season fixtures done and I'm looking forward to going into the new stadium.

"So I'm here, I'm doing my job and I want to recruit some players because I want to get automatic promotion and I want to improve."

The Citizen phoned Allen yesterday morning but he said he was unable to comment on anything, including Dons-related issues, due to 'legal reasons'.

Allen's exit would leave Milton Keynes searching for their third manager in just over a year ahead of their move to their new Denbigh North home next season.

A statement on the Dons club website said: "It is not the club's policy to prevent any of its players or staff discussing the opportunity to progress their careers.

"Martin has enjoyed a successful first year with us and it comes as no surprise that clubs at a higher level are interested."

It would be the third time in just over three years that Allen and his backroom staff have jumped ship, after they left Barnet for Brentford in March 2004 before they quit the Bees last summer.

Allen, whose Milton Keynes team finished fourth in League Two, has won 28 of his 55 games in charge of the Dons, drawing 11 and losing 16.

It continues in the local paper:

Quite amusing:

Top Contenders To Replace Allen:

Micky Adams

Mike Newell

Nigel Worthington

Paul Ince

Some intetreting things reported here.

Martin Allen is set to become Leicester City boss.

MARTIN Allen was last night finalising his shock move to become Leicester City's new manager – just days after he failed to secure MK Dons promotion from League Two.

The Dons reluctantly granted the ambitious Championship club permission to speak to Allen on Monday, and Foxes chairman Milan Mandaric broke off a foreign trip last night to fly in and wrap up the deal.

The Citizen understands a compensation package in the region of £150,000 is being agreed between the clubs for the remaining year, with a further year's option, on Allen's contract at MK.

He is expected to be officially unveiled at the Walkers Stadium either later today (Thursday) or tomorrow on a three-year contract.

Allen, who only replaced the sacked Danny Wilson at the Dons last June, is expected to take his backroom team of Adrian Whitbread, Damien Doyle, Dave Hockaday, Junior Lewis and Ademole Bankole with him.

Multi-millionaire Mandaric is ready to give Allen a huge transfer kitty to get the Foxes into the Premiership, and said: "He has impressed me with his attitude to the game and he shows great enthusiasm all the time.

"It is the sort of passion that I feel has been missing from this club for a long time, and I want to try to restore it to the team and to the fans.

"He seems a good young manager and I want someone who is going to be a long-term asset to the club."

The move would complete a whirlwind 11 months for Allen, whose Dons side lost 2-1 on aggregate to Shrewsbury in the play-off semi-finals last Friday night, after he had arrived from Brentford with the intention of building a team fit for the club's lavish new 22,000-seater stadium.

Sources close to Dons chairman Pete Winkelman say he feels 'let down' by Allen, who just days ago claimed he would stick with the Dons to see the job through.

Allen said last Friday night after the Dons' play-off exit: "The planning and preparation for next season was already set up, whether we went up or not, with my staff and myself to carry on doing my job.

"I've got nearly all my pre-season fixtures done and I'm looking forward to going into the new stadium.

"So I'm here, I'm doing my job and I want to recruit some players because I want to get automatic promotion and I want to improve."

The Citizen phoned Allen yesterday morning but he said he was unable to comment on anything, including Dons-related issues, due to 'legal reasons'.

Allen's exit would leave Milton Keynes searching for their third manager in just over a year ahead of their move to their new Denbigh North home next season.

A statement on the Dons club website said: "It is not the club's policy to prevent any of its players or staff discussing the opportunity to progress their careers.

"Martin has enjoyed a successful first year with us and it comes as no surprise that clubs at a higher level are interested."

It would be the third time in just over three years that Allen and his backroom staff have jumped ship, after they left Barnet for Brentford in March 2004 before they quit the Bees last summer.

Allen, whose Milton Keynes team finished fourth in League Two, has won 28 of his 55 games in charge of the Dons, drawing 11 and losing 16.

It continues in the local paper:

Quite amusing:

Top Contenders To Replace Allen:

Micky Adams

Mike Newell

Nigel Worthington

Paul Ince

i think they will go for Newell

i think they will go for Newell

I can see Newell going to one of the top League One sides, I'd have him down as a great manager for Forrest but doesnt look like the Trees are bright enougth to see it :rolleyes:

Yeah looks that way.

I don't know whether it's THE Junior Lewis or not?

It certainly is! :o

From Wikipedia:

Junior Lewis (born 9th October 1973) is a professional footballer. Lewis is an experienced central midfield player, who is 6ft 2in tall and weighs 13st 0lbs.

Lewis started his career at Fulham as a youngster in 1992 before dropping out of the league in 1993 for spells with Dover Athletic and Hendon from 1995 to 1999, famously scoring the winner in a FA Cup 1st round replay at Leyton Orient. He came back into the league with Gillingham in 1999. After a season and a half at Priestfield, Lewis moved up to the Premiership with Leicester, and subsequently had spells at Brighton (on loan), Swindon, and Hull before joining Brentford in 2005.

He currently has a player/coach role on non-contract terms at Milton Keynes Dons.

He was particularly admired by Peter Taylor, who signed Lewis on 5 occasions, at Dover, Gillingham, Leicester, Brighton and Hull.

Obviously Allen must think highly of him too, as he's signed him twice already.

Maybe it's not a surprise that Mandaric wants a say in signings..

Archived