Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
alanf0x

Martin Allen appointed Leicester manager

Having seen snippets of the interview on the net and read a bit about that press conference, I would say that I am not only satisfied with the appointment but quite excited that this nutter Allen wont let anyone have it easy. On reflection, he is a good choice ahead of many of the deadbeats linked to us but my frustration is he is yet to think about possible players and the likes of Ostemebor, Capaldi and Konstantopoulos have all joined Championship clubs on frees today and arguably would cost over £2m to recruit if we had to pay fees.

Go get Hendrie, Martin!!

Thanks for that.

I'm really starting to like him already. Having watched that press conference he's is everything we have being missing of late.

"If you pay money to watch a football match you don't want to see poncing around, fluffing about and all that" :wub:

At the end of the interview you could see how much he wants to be in the Premiership. Exciting times are ahead I hope.

Good look to him. :thumbup:

personaly i think martin allen being appointed as leicester city manager could be one of the best summer singings alone!! i wasnt 2 sure when my mates told me they wanted him over the likes of warnock and coleman, but listenin 2 him at the press confrence today made me realise how much enthusiasm this guy has. he talked alot of sense and he could be just what we need. HE WAS ON ABOUT BRINGIN PLAYERS IN WHO WOULD WEAR THE SHIRT WITH PRIDE AND GIVE 100%. and lets be honest we havent seen that 4 a good few years!! he worked with pennys at brentford and look what he did 2 them!! i mean MM is no mug and if he thinks that allens the man.........its good enough 4 me!!! GOOD LUCK ALLEN. c u down the walkers next season!!!

You will love his post match conferences with the media after games.

You will be surprised at how many 1 liners he has, good one about his Aunty on there lol:clap:

He's always cracking them and says things how it is and the media will be vary weary at talking to Allen.

Make no mistake about it though. He will turn Leicester City football club around from being a bunch of losers to being a winning team, you will rocket up the table and no doubt be top half but if you end up in the play-offs then expect him to bottle it.

I remember when Allen was appointed at Milton Keynes his attitude is like a breath of fresh air and he's really something but don't take all the crap he says about how close he is to the fans to heart because when he does leave Leicester whether it be in 1 or 2 seasons for whatever reason it will end in tears, he really does get involved within the club and interacts with the supporters and he has done it at Barnet, Brentford, Milton Keynes and he's now onto his forth club.

Apart from that all the best to him, enjoy every minute of it because it's an experience you will only get once in your lifetime and let the good times roll.

You will have a good season that is garenteed.

MKBA

You will be surprised at how many 1 liners he has, good one about his Aunty on there lol:clap:

He's always cracking them and says things how it is and the media will be vary weary at talking to Allen.

Make no mistake about it though. He will turn Leicester City football club around from being a bunch of losers to being a winning team, you will rocket up the table and no doubt be top half but if you end up in the play-offs then expect him to bottle it.

I remember when Allen was appointed at Milton Keynes his attitude is like a breath of fresh air and he's really something but don't take all the crap he says about how close he is to the fans to heart because when he does leave Leicester whether it be in 1 or 2 seasons for whatever reason it will end in tears, he really does get involved within the club and interacts with the supporters and he has done it at Barnet, Brentford, Milton Keynes and he's now onto his forth club.

Apart from that all the best to him, enjoy every minute of it because it's an experience you will only get once in your lifetime and let the good times roll.

MKBA

Better than Kellys post match interviews then.

Thanks for that and good luck for next season. :thumbup:

MKBA

So are you saying MM should be equally single minded and start looking for our next manager now? :whistle:

I'm even more positive having now watched the press conference and read some more things about him. He'll instill passion in these players, that's for sure. He sounds like he actually genuinely knows how it feels from the supporters point of view. For the first time I'm really genuinely excited about the coming season- roll on the first signings!

Can't say i am. He said "whose the boys at Leicester then" We said "Hume, Kisnorbo" and he said "I heard Hammond and Stearman were good lads"

Good appointment.Quite jealous to see you've a man with so much passion to be honest,wish we had him.You'll have a good season next year,you will finish in the playoffs though you will lose in them of course because Allen's record in them is even worse than Mr Calderwood's!

Good appointment.Quite jealous to see you've a man with so much passion to be honest,wish we had him.You'll have a good season next year,you will finish in the playoffs though you will lose in them of course because Allen's record in them is even worse than Mr Calderwood's!

we'll get to the play-offs, sack martin allen and appoint brian little :ph34r:

(like we should've anyway!)

Archived