Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Saganowski -Signs for Southampton (June 28)

Too old, we've got too many geriatric football players at this club. What we need are more players like Louid Dodds

Exactly. Les Ferdinand did a good job for us and I bet hes cheap. Get it done Mandy!

Could be there is some trouble at Southampton and that is why he doesn't want to sign. Bale has just left, there is a bid in for Baird, best has just rejected a new contract. It does state that Southampton are his first choice but I guess they are waiting for them to come up with the cash. If they are losing £2 million a month they are not likely to be able to secure any further finance, guess they are waiting for this guy to take over the club (think he is one of the top men at microsoft) but if he is stalling Saganowski may want to secure his future and sign elsewhere - lets hope so he would be an excellent signing.

Sorry, i was wrong, its 1million a month. They spent alot last season and it says they are probably only going to be able to do loan signings this season.

Source from the Southampton Echo, few weeks back.

SAINTS could soon be haemorrhaging money at the rate of £1m a month, the Daily Echo has learned.

Equivalent to more than £33,000 A DAY, the losses will force bosses to sell star players such as Gareth Bale just to stay afloat.

To avoid the nightmare threat of administration, which attracts an automatic ten-point penalty from the Football League, costs have to be cut back to the bone and the structure of a Premiership club dismantled.

The Echo understands that the club are currently losing around £500,000 a month.

They lost around £416,000 a month in the half-year leading up to December 31, 2006.

But once the parachute payments dry up this summer, the monthly loss will soar towards the £1m mark.

The dire financial straits mean that unless a wealthy investor such as US billionaire Paul Allen steps in, the club could find itself selling of all its best players and left without a penny to reinvest in the side.

Forecast to lose around £8m this year, club finances are also reeling from the loss of £6.5m a year parachute payments designed to ease relegation from the Premiership over the first two seasons after the drop.

The financial hole is partly the result of Saints' ill-fated gamble on winning promotion to the Premiership, which saw them splurge £7m - more than any other Championship side apart from promoted Birmingham - on players last summer.

Now the play-off dream has been ended by Derby County, the brutal financial realities are finally becoming clear.

Back in March, Saints revealed a loss before taxation of £2.5m in the six months leading up to December 31, 2006 - £416,000 a month.

The half-yearly statement also included the following sentence: "The Directors have prepared cash flow forecasts for the forthcoming 12 months, which in the event of non-promotion to the Premier League include the sale of various assets and the continued support of the bank."

A source said: "For the year ending June 30 the overall loss will be £8m.

"That kind of loss equates to the money spent on players last year. On a day-to-day basis the club has washed its face.

"Going forward, the loss is exacerbated by the fact that you don't have the parachute payment anymore. Losing £1m a month is the scenario if you do nothing."

He added that administration - similar to the financial meltdown that recently hit Leeds United - was unlikely.

"I think the answer will be a combination of selling players, particularly Gareth Bale," he said.

"Burley would be hugely limited in his squad, in terms of his ability to bring in the best players in that division. It would be loan players and that sort of thing."

Im not too sure.

When I hear his name mentioned, its usually something to do with how many goals he's scored in however many games.

Three of those goals would be the three he scored against a very dodgy Wolves defence.

Taking that match out of the equation we have a ratio of 7 goals in 12 games.

Over a Championship season that works out at about 26-27 goals.

We should be looking at better options though, I want a 40 goal a season striker at least.

from what ive seen of saganowski, he seems a really good player, exactly what we need, i think southampton will get the cash but if not, get him in.

Southampton have no money left- not unlike the position we were in at the beginning of the season. They cant afford jack shit right now.

I'd be utterly amazed if he signs for us.

Southampton are totally skint, but he wants to stay there.

Burnley are definitaley interested...& I'm hoping we are. I'm hoping the Southampton buy out doesn't happen (or due diligence :whistle: shows up some dodgy finances & it delays the buyout!!!!)

Southampton are totally skint, but he wants to stay there.

Burnley are definitaley interested...& I'm hoping we are. I'm hoping the Southampton buy out doesn't happen (or due diligence :whistle: shows up some dodgy finances & it delays the buyout!!!!)

when do they have until to still have first option?

when do they have until to still have first option?

On the soton boards, they're saying 7th. S'pose there's nothing wrong with putting in a bid now though. Like it's been said before...highly doubtful he'll leave :angry: BUT, they are skint. Who'd have thought Joey :worship: would have gone to Burnley instead of coming back here?

They're having ****ing kittens in Southampton!!! Look at post #75 !!!
Yesterday, 03:50 PM

Banned

Well thats just ****ing great! Leicester City or Burnley are getting him if it wasn't for Madick taking over Leicester they wouldn't be signing players like that.

Not that bad. :blink::dunno:

Archived