Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Saganowski -Signs for Southampton (June 28)

http://www.sport.pl/pilka/1,73556,4201169.html

"According to Polish press, Watford (who rejected him in January), Derby, Watford and West Brom have also shown interest.

But Leicester are favourites......."

Translated by Hazzman on Talkingballs who knows a bit of polish.

No, the article says it's Burnley who are favorites to sign Saganowski.

Personally though I doubt the Polish media has any special knowledge. They probably read the English press, saw Burnley mentioned a lot in connection with Saganowski, and jumped to the conclusion that they're favorites.

Southampton are leading Burnley in the race to sign Polish striker Marek Saganowski from French side Troyes on a permanent basis.

Saganowski ended the season on loan at Saints and boss George Burley said: "Talks are going very well.

"There was an option in the contract when we took him which we are looking to take over."

Burnley boss Steve Cotterill admitted: "There has been contact but Southampton have first option to buy him."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...v_1/6726025.stm

Doesn't even mention City. :huh:

Southampton are leading Burnley in the race to sign Polish striker Marek Saganowski from French side Troyes on a permanent basis.

Saganowski ended the season on loan at Saints and boss George Burley said: "Talks are going very well.

"There was an option in the contract when we took him which we are looking to take over."

Burnley boss Steve Cotterill admitted: "There has been contact but Southampton have first option to buy him."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...v_1/6726025.stm

Doesn't even mention City. :huh:

I think Milan and Allen will be waiting in the wings, if the deal at Southampton breaks down, the Sag-Meister will be snared

If we pay £1.3 million for Up in The Clouds instead of 1 million Euro's for Saganowski then there's something wrong in this world.

Dont get me started on McLeod! :frusty: ... we might as well fork out for a "double swoop for Lee Morris and Cresswell" :rolleyes: ... Saganowski is exactly the kind of player we should be looking at and, more than that, he's exactly the kind of striker we should be looking to bring in, not some League Two dross for an inflated price.

Dont get me started on McLeod! :frusty: ... we might as well fork out for a "double swoop for Lee Morris and Cresswell" :rolleyes: ... Saganowski is exactly the kind of player we should be looking at and, more than that, he's exactly the kind of striker we should be looking to bring in, not some League Two dross for an inflated price.

But come on Mort I've heard one summary of his strengths and weaknesses. What's your view. Why is he so bad?. Have you seen him play much? He sure seemed to have ability on the clips but selected clips could make almost anyone look good.

But come on Mort I've heard one summary of his strengths and weaknesses. What's your view. Why is he so bad?. Have you seen him play much? He sure seemed to have ability on the clips but selected clips could make almost anyone look good.

Any player with a list of faults like McLeod's at League Two level is a massive risk for £1.3 million.

That money could possibly get you Ellington, Jerome or O'Connor. All have proved themselves at a much higher level. They certainly wouldn't cost more than £2 million and add McCarthy's transfer money to the money we have for McLeod and there's more than enough to get one of the above 3. All capable of 20 smokes a season at this level.

Too old, we've got too many geriatric football players at this club. What we need are more players like Louid Dodds

lol!!!! i have heard everything now. someone who is 28 is too old? oh thats just TOO funny!!!!

Well if they've signed him surely this thread should be closed :dunno:

Relistically we were never going to sign him.

Until he's signed, sealed and delivered, this thread is staying right here. :ph34r:

All we know so far is, S'hampton have the first option to buy, but haven't actually exercised it... yet.

Game (still) on.

Speaking of Poland we should be tapping into the Polish market..I think Burley has links out there or something because he's signed that goalkeeper with the long name..who is certainly very good. Rasiak, Saga and probably a few more.

They have some quality players out there that can be picked up on the cheap

Archived