Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thamesmead addick

Paddy McCarthy & Matty Holland

Mistaken identity.

His scout told him Patrick who played at the back for Leicester and he's plumped for the wrong one!

Bit like the alleged Gilbert/Capaldi issue!

Shh don't tell anyone!

Unless he fails a medical it's as good as done Stevo.

Yeah thats what i was gonna say!

He's having a medical there so unless he fails its a done deal.

I really cant believe it. 650,000??? I mean seriously?!

I will be slightly disappointed as i did like him - he was commited and wholehearted and did his best, but he was a limited player and i dont know what Pards has seen in him really :dunno:

I fear this deal may come back to haunt us next season tho - play-off final Charlton v Leicester Paddy Mac pops up with a headed stoppage time winner!

Wouldnt surprise me. lol

To be honest, I don't think he's as bad as we are making out. But to get that sort of bunce for him is crazy. He's average at this level, has some shockers but has some blinders as well. Charlton have money to burn though, if Varney's worth £2.5 mill then Paddy at £650k is a snip.

To be honest, I don't think he's as bad as we are making out. But to get that sort of bunce for him is crazy. He's average at this level, has some shockers but has some blinders as well. Charlton have money to burn though, if Varney's worth £2.5 mill then Paddy at £650k is a snip.

He's very limited though, not exactly quick for a player with such a poor positional sensem, and we all know about his temprement.

Yeah thats what i was gonna say!

He's having a medical there so unless he fails its a done deal.

I really cant believe it. 650,000??? I mean seriously?!

I will be slightly disappointed as i did like him - he was commited and wholehearted and did his best, but he was a limited player and i dont know what Pards has seen in him really :dunno:

I fear this deal may come back to haunt us next season tho - play-off final Charlton v Leicester Paddy Mac pops up with a headed stoppage time winner!

Wouldnt surprise me. lol

ouch yeah. its gonner happen isnt it? :-(

i'd personally hold out for somehting closer to 2 million for a quality defender like him...

lol:thumbup: ya right....

He's very limited though, not exactly quick for a player with such a poor positional sensem, and we all know about his temprement.

Yup... he made some great last ditch tackles and blocks... but if had any positional sense and wasn't so rash he would never have had to make those tackles any way.

Looks like Emsie Lou's 'Go McCarthy' Banner worked :thumbup:

A foxes fans view.

I personally think Patrick McCarthy has been a fantastic servant to our beloved club. I will be bitterly disappointed to see him leave to Charlton for cut price fee only to make way for some has been.

McCarthy, I just wanted to thank you, and wish you good luck at your new club Charlton Athletic. Their fans should be joyful that next season they’ll have a truly talented and wonderful football player that is Patrick McCarthy.

Farwell Patrick, we will gravely miss your aptitude and passion that once graced this football club

A foxes fans view.

I personally think Patrick McCarthy has been a fantastic servant to our beloved club. I will be bitterly disappointed to see him leave to Charlton for cut price fee only to make way for some has been.

McCarthy, I just wanted to thank you, and wish you good luck at your new club Charlton Athletic. Their fans should be joyful that next season they’ll have a truly talented and wonderful football player that is Patrick McCarthy.

Farwell Patrick, we will gravely miss your aptitude and passion that once graced this football club

clearly not been to many games.

Archived