Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thamesmead addick

Paddy McCarthy & Matty Holland

Although it's become fashionable to slate McCarthy, I still think he'll turn into a good defender with the right guidance. The popular opinion is that McAuley and Kisnorbo are streaks ahead of Paddy Mac, but they're really not.

However, our midfield is in desperate need of talent so if we could get Holland, it would be a good deal and a sacrifice worth making.

it would be a shame to see mccarthy go

he didnt develop in the way we hoped he would last season but lets be fair, he suffered with injuries.

maybe he is a neccersary sacrifice to help improve the team but i'd like to see him stay and improve like i think he can.

but this is hoping for the best when clearly changes need to be made

what about kenton? cant he be cleared out?

macauley and kisnorbo were hardly rock steady either in all honesty.

Excellent News,

McCarthy should be binned. No question about it.

The bloke doesn’t have the ability for the level we want to be at. It was evident at the end of the previous season that McCarthy was a complete goon.

The fact Allen has only given Hume his backing suggests that anyone from the current squad are fair game to get binned, which is brilliant. But I would say that apart from a couple of the younger players like Mattock the rest can **** off for all I care.

Martin Allen I salute you!

Excellent News,

McCarthy should be binned. No question about it.

The bloke doesn’t have the ability for the level we want to be at. It was evident at the end of the previous season that McCarthy was a complete goon.

The fact Allen has only given Hume his backing suggests that anyone from the current squad are fair game to get binned, which is brilliant. But I would say that apart from a couple of the younger players like Mattock the rest can **** off for all I care.

Martin Allen I salute you!

Spot on. McCarthy may have a bit of potential but most times I've seen him, he's been awful. You simply can't have liabilities at the back. I'd rather have someone steady and reliable, even if it means less badge-kissing.

Short term there may be benefits to this.

I still believe good coaching might make a player of McCarthy, and that he could be an appreciating asset, but it is hard to see him getting a place at City this season.

Matt Holland meanwhile has several qualities we need and which aren't easily found - even if he's another player, at 33, who's in the ancient not modern bracket.

I'm just getting a bit concerned about the age factor. Short term (i.e 1 season) it's ok but the CCC is full of pace and aggression. Who are we gonna have with pace? And while its a good thing that MA has shown confidence is Hume, and i know he scored a few last season - but he missed a lot of absolute sitters!

I'm just getting a bit concerned about the age factor. Short term (i.e 1 season) it's ok but the CCC is full of pace and aggression. Who are we gonna have with pace? And while its a good thing that MA has shown confidence is Hume, and i know he scored a few last season - but he missed a lot of absolute sitters!

He wont be the only striker :rolleyes: i believe hes averaged a goal every three games in his two years here, hes good for this league.

Although it's become fashionable to slate McCarthy, I still think he'll turn into a good defender with the right guidance.

He couldn't turn in a car park with the right guidance.

He wont be the only striker :rolleyes: i believe hes averaged a goal every three games in his two years here, hes good for this league.

I KNOW he won't be the only striker :rolleyes: and like I said, he scored a few. Matty also averages 1 in 3. But at the end of the day we only scored 49 goals! Sunderland hit 76! Even Luton scored more than we did! So I dont FULLY agree that he's good for this league.

My concern is the average age of the team MA "appears" to be building and that we may end up having little pace in an aggressive, fast paced league. Many people have said MA's tactics were long ball with the Dons and having an aged team might signify the same intention.

I KNOW he won't be the only striker :rolleyes: and like I said, he scored a few. Matty also averages 1 in 3. But at the end of the day we only scored 49 goals! Sunderland hit 76! Even Luton scored more than we did! So I dont FULLY agree that he's good for this league.

My concern is the average age of the team MA "appears" to be building and that we may end up having little pace in an aggressive, fast paced league. Many people have said MA's tactics were long ball with the Dons and having an aged team might signify the same intention.

I think the answer to the problems is that Hume scored a respectable 14, more than any striker at Sunderland i believe, but our next top scorer was Kisnorbo and Hammond (who wont be here) We need midfielders scoring goals and another two strikers getting at least ten.

If Paddy M goes then surely that increases the chances of Patrick K staying. A good thing in my opinion. Not sure about Matt Holland. Would probably be a sensible signing...not someone who is going to get anyone particularly excited. I think that coupled with a young attack minded midfielder it might work out. Think that Allen will go for young strikers and wingers along with experienced players in the middle of the field.

I love the way you jump to conclusions. He has only made 2 signings. Give him a chance ! I think a front 2 of McLeod and

Hume, despite maybe lacking the quality needed, certainly wouldnt lack pace and aggression. Plus N'Gotty despite his advancing years certainly isnt no slouch. Plus the fact that you think the signing of Matt Holland signifies long ball football is just pure lunacy !

I love the way you jump to conclusions. He has only made 2 signings. Give him a chance ! I think a front 2 of McLeod and

Hume, despite maybe lacking the quality needed, certainly wouldnt lack pace and aggression. Plus N'Gotty despite his advancing years certainly isnt no slouch. Plus the fact that you think the signing of Matt Holland signifies long ball football is just pure lunacy !

No! No! No! :frusty:

He's not worth it! :@

EDIT: Sorry but the constant name dropping of McLeod when his record in the championship is dire and he'd command a massive fee is getting to me. :S

No! No! No! :frusty:

He's not worth it! :@

EDIT: Sorry but the constant name dropping of McLeod when his record in the championship is dire and he'd command a massive fee is getting to me. :S

Year I think the same thing and we can certainly do much better for 1.3 mil. But it does seem pretty likely that he will be coming. But one thing he has got is pace and power, and as a previous poster said he was concerned that we may lack these credentials, I jumped the proverbial gun somewhat and suggested that its quality, in terms of technical ability that we will lack, rather than pace and power.

Pardew does have a record of making "odd" signings from time to time, some pay off some dont... but i can remember plenty thinking some of his earlier signings with WestHam didnt make sense. Still this seems a bit of a strech, but if we manage to off load PaddyMac the whats not to like :dunno::thumbup:

Year I think the same thing and we can certainly do much better for 1.3 mil. But it does seem pretty likely that he will be coming. But one thing he has got is pace and power, and as a previous poster said he was concerned that we may lack these credentials, I jumped the proverbial gun somewhat and suggested that its quality, in terms of technical ability that we will lack, rather than pace and power.

Thing is i dont think it is likley, most of the rumours have been pretty unsubstanciated just seems we're linked with him because he's MKDons "star" player... but i cant see Milan forking out £1mil+ for a League Two player, even if Allen wanted to spend that kind of money on him and I'm not sure he does. :dunno:

Archived