Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thamesmead addick

Paddy McCarthy & Matty Holland

Hi guys a Charlton fan here. A foxe fan has just come on to a charlton forum and said we signing the McCarthy for 100k is this true or not. And if he is he anygood.

Also heard you guys are after Kish his an Ok player a bit of a liability with his passing but he does give 100% for the cause.

Hi guys a Charlton fan here. A foxe fan has just come on to a charlton forum and said we signing the McCarthy for 100k is this true or not. And if he is he anygood.

Also heard you guys are after Kish his an Ok player a bit of a liability with his passing but he does give 100% for the cause.

He's our fourth-best centre-back IMO.

And we are absolute garbage.

Tells you all you need to know, really.

That's gotta be a wind-up. :blink:

In his latest addition to that discussion, he's claimed that McLeod is a done deal at 1.3 million quid.

Strange that this "Insider" is posting about Leicester on a Charlton board first... lol

Could it be the chap with the crystal balls on here, complaining that he wasn't taken seriously? If so... there might just be a smidgen of truth in it... or I'm clutching at straws... lol:ph34r:

Strange that this "Insider" is posting about Leicester on a Charlton board first... lol

It does seem odd, but it's one of those that just seems too random to not be true!

God it probably means we'll sign De Zeeuw.

That's gotta be a wind-up. :blink:

In his latest addition to that discussion, he's claimed that McLeod is a done deal at 1.3 million quid.

Could it be the chap with the crystal balls on here, complaining that he wasn't taken seriously? If so... there might just be a smidgen of truth in it... or I'm clutching at straws... lol:ph34r:

Are you ever not ?

The guy seems confident, that's a fact. :dunno:

I'd be happy with 100k.

My thoughts are:

1. "hmm...I wonder why you put this in a new thread rather than using the McCarthy one that is already open?"

2. "hmm...I wonder who eats the burgers at the ground when there are no matches on?"

That is all.

Leicester want to swap Patrick McCarthy, plus cash, for Charlton midfielder Matt Holland. (The Sun)

I've always admired Holland's playing attitude and he could do well for us but I'm sure he's a couple of years over the hill now. I don't know, maybe a fresh start will give him a new lease of life if the rumours are to be true.

Although it's become fashionable to slate McCarthy, I still think he'll turn into a good defender with the right guidance. The popular opinion is that McAuley and Kisnorbo are streaks ahead of Paddy Mac, but they're really not.

However, our midfield is in desperate need of talent so if we could get Holland, it would be a good deal and a sacrifice worth making.

Archived