Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Allen Update

FFS why all the stearman bashing? it wasn't that long ago you lot were making him out to be the next england right back, he had a bad season, but apart from hume and maybe kisnorb who didn't? you dont become a bad player over night

There is two ways to be a football fan. One, agree with every move our players make whether shite or bad or option two, be realistic and tell it how it is. Stearman was a bright spark a year ago but has gone off the rails abit, so much so that despite our season being pants he would be down the pecking order. If he addresses the situation and MA gets the best out of him we will have a fantastic player in our side. He can easily go the other way and not fulfill his potential like plenty of the youngsters that we have had down the years.

I personally think that Mattock, Stearman and Weso will have huge seasons this year and the like sof Stears will benefit from having better players around him.

There is two ways to be a football fan. One, agree with every move our players make whether shite or bad or option two, be realistic and tell it how it is. Stearman was a bright spark a year ago but has gone off the rails abit, so much so that despite our season being pants he would be down the pecking order. If he addresses the situation and MA gets the best out of him we will have a fantastic player in our side. He can easily go the other way and not fulfill his potential like plenty of the youngsters that we have had down the years.

I personally think that Mattock, Stearman and Weso will have huge seasons this year and the like sof Stears will benefit from having better players around him.

i agree with you, but the problem is the over-hype surrounding him after his previous season, the same with porter this one just gone he was average at best yet made out to be a world beater, stearman had a shocking start and kelly was unable or unwilling to help build the lads confidence back up

Hopefully Allen can provide the guidance that Stearman needs to push on and have a solid season this year. Under Kelly it just didn't look like he cared. Maybe Kelly didn't discipline them enough and let them no what they could and could not do.

i agree with you, but the problem is the over-hype surrounding him after his previous season, the same with porter this one just gone he was average at best yet made out to be a world beater, stearman had a shocking start and kelly was unable or unwilling to help build the lads confidence back up

If you have a weak manager and you yourself are easily led, it doesnt matter how much ability you have, there is every chance it will go tats up. Kelly was a nice man and a friend to all but players like Stearman ar always seen by my mates out on the lash (not me as Im in London) and he seems to be one that wasnt directed and lacked direction on his own accord.

Martin Allen will make him fight for the cause or tell him to fook off as he is well known for liking honest plyers and hard working players. Thats why we maybe havent tied up deals for so called fancy Dans like Todorov (who is quoted as wanting a two year deal at Pompey despite his injury problems) and Hendrie, who at times has been a bit of a pian for managers and everytime I seem to read a quote by him he seems to build himself up to get a great contract. Its just a thought but anyway, back to Stearman, I have high hopes he makes the first team and starts to fulfill his potential.

Martin Allen will make him fight for the cause or tell him to fook off as he is well known for liking honest plyers and hard working players. Thats why we maybe havent tied up deals for so called fancy Dans like Todorov (who is quoted as wanting a two year deal at Pompey despite his injury problems) and Hendrie, who at times has been a bit of a pian for managers and everytime I seem to read a quote by him he seems to build himself up to get a great contract. Its just a thought but anyway, back to Stearman, I have high hopes he makes the first team and starts to fulfill his potential.

I think that's a fair point. Allen made a point of wanting people that will play for him and fight to wear the shirt. From what Hendrie has said in the media he does look to be waiting out for a lucrative premiership deal, If Allen did look at him, I would suggest he was put of by his attitude.

FFS why all the stearman bashing? ... you dont become a bad player over night

Nope - he had to work at it week in week out.

He was shocking. A sodding liability in front of goal.

Thing is that wasn't his worse crime...going out and living it large while pissing his career up against the side of the Walkers is what did it for me.

He needs to head down, work hard in the reserves and get a little perspective. He owes us all.

Martin Allen - The new Thracian ? :ph34r::P

Some great stories in there Martin, cheers.

I think the idea of making the scholars earn the right to come and change in the main building is a good idea and certainly the way in which many would of expected Allen to be around the training ground.

Don't know whether to be hurt or flattered? :whistle::D

Nope - he had to work at it week in week out.

He was shocking. A sodding liability in front of goal.

Thing is that wasn't his worse crime...going out and living it large while pissing his career up against the side of the Walkers is what did it for me.

He needs to head down, work hard in the reserves and get a little perspective. He owes us all.

I agree, although you could say that for the majority of last season's squad so he is no worse than them IMO.

I think that's a fair point. Allen made a point of wanting people that will play for him and fight to wear the shirt. From what Hendrie has said in the media he does look to be waiting out for a lucrative premiership deal, If Allen did look at him, I would suggest he was put of by his attitude.

Well, we seem to be linked with big forwards and defenders all the time or if they are small in stature they are hard-working lads like Chambers! We have a good few signings to come but Im sure we will know by the manner of the players that we bring in that a season of direct footy may lie ahead. I must admit I wont be that bothered as long as we get out of this division.

the thing is though any of you would do exactly what stearman did, if you say you wouldn't your a liar, if you are able to get away with it within the club disciplinary procedures then its not his fault the club should of been stricter, i bet almost all of you have gone to work still feeling the effects of the previous nights alcohol consumption...

the thing is though any of you would do exactly what stearman did, if you say you wouldn't your a liar, if you are able to get away with it within the club disciplinary procedures then its not his fault the club should of been stricter, i bet almost all of you have gone to work still feeling the effects of the previous nights alcohol consumption...

Dont judge us all with your way of living fella!

Footballers have an almost ideallic life and if I was lucky enough to have been a pro footballer I would have made the best out of what I had like an Ian Wright or Steve Bull who had wrags to riches stories as opposed to the wasters like Collymore and Merson who had good careers that could and should have been great.

Im in business now and have quite a few business on the go and I will always put everything I can into them after 10 years of toil working for big companies as a retail manager. All most of us fans want is for our players to work hard during a game and try there best and come of that pitch fooked, having given there all. Players like Hughes, Stearman, Horsfield at times and quite a few others just couldnt be arsed. AJ only played the odd decent game when his buddy Horse turned up and Toatto, who had already signed a deal to leave gave his all at times and maybe the same could be said about Nils who arguably knew we wasnt signing a deal but still put it in.

MA quote :)

"I picked up the nickname as a player and sometimes I do get tired of it," he said after being installed at Leicester. "There is a lot more to me than that.

They say there is a fine line between madness and genius and I'd like to be the nutty professor, not a mad dog. I've done all my homework, all the courses."

nutty proffesor it is then :thumbup:

anyone else slightly sickened by Allens complete lack of abilitly to form a syntactically/grammatically pleasant sentence?

just me then.

You'd think the OS would have an inbuilt grammar check, wouldn't you? I thought Milan was a computer boffin?

You'd think the OS would have an inbuilt grammar check, wouldn't you? I thought Milan was a computer boffin?

Yeah - in the 70's and 80's. I somehow don't see him fixing the OS by typing in lines of BASIC.

I think we're in for a fun season!

Operating Theatre? Is Martin 'Doctor Frankenstein' Allen going to put Gary Lineker's brain into Elvis Hammond's head?

Dr Frankenstein says it with flowers!

If it works fine. If it goes wrong, it will go badly wrong and we will look stupid. Again.

Archived