Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

..............................Kevin Lisbie

Totally agree.

Thirded. If he'd wanted to sign he would have done by now.

And totally agree with the Fezzler- we don't necessarily need this mystery creative man- as i put in the Clemmence/DJ thread- as long as he can get forward a bit, feed the wingers and break up the play I'll be happy. We don't need these shitty prima-donnas who spray a 50 yard pass every so often but can do fook all else.

Thirded. If he'd wanted to sign he would have done by now.

And totally agree with the Fezzler- we don't necessarily need this mystery creative man- as i put in the Clemmence/DJ thread- as long as he can get forward a bit, feed the wingers and break up the play I'll be happy. We don't need these shitty prima-donnas who spray a 50 yard pass every so often but can do fook all else.

If anyone believes we'll win things without scoring/making goals from midfield they're mistaken. Where would Chelsea be without Lampard's goals and look what Manchester United lost when Scholes was out?.

But reading the game, breaking attacks and restarting them are all vital characteristics of a midfielder and in people like Clemence if he signs, Porter, Weso and Kishishev we've already got people to do that. Porter, I'm quite convinced, can do those things and score as well because his shooting technique is excellent.

Much harder is finding wingers who can score/create but at least Gradel seems to be training regularly with the first team now and, faults aside, that lad can score.

Fact is we need 80-odd goals a season to be in contention. And even given 35 goals from our strikers (by no means certain as it stands) that means 45 have to come from elsewhere. So midfielders have to do more than hold - as we should long have learned after misguidedly using the likes of Hughes, Tiatto and Jarrett in our engine room.

If anyone believes we'll win things without scoring/making goals from midfield they're mistaken. Where would Chelsea be without Lampard's goals and look what Manchester United lost when Scholes was out?.

But reading the game, breaking attacks and restarting them are all vital characteristics of a midfielder and in people like Clemence if he signs, Porter, Weso and Kishishev we've already got people to do that. Porter, I'm quite convinced, can do those things and score as well because his shooting technique is excellent.

Much harder is finding wingers who can score/create but at least Gradel seems to be training regularly with the first team now and, faults aside, that lad can score.

Fact is we need 80-odd goals a season to be in contention. And even given 35 goals from our strikers (by no means certain as it stands) that means 45 have to come from elsewhere. So midfielders have to do more than hold - as we should long have learned after misguidedly using the likes of Hughes, Tiatto and Jarrett in our engine room.

It's just nonsense. You don't start the season saying we'll finish in the top six cos so-and-so will score x many goals etc etc, you put together a competitive team with a gameplan of how to attack and how to defend. Allen's team is starting to look like it will resemble the MK Dons model of competitive central midfielders, quick wingers and two goalscorers up front. He hasn't had a problem scoring goals before.

England with Lampard and Gerrard in central midfield. Well, they'll definitely win the World Cup won't they, because you'll be guaranteed bags of goals from both of them. :rolleyes:

Last season our best central midfielders were Weso and Tiatto, and our best performances came when we had competitive players in the middle of the park (Stearman and Weso v Villa is one example) so we weren't getting overrun.

The problem with so-called "creative" midfielders in our division is that they have to be effective. If they're not, like Hughes and Williams, it's like playing with ten men at times against teams like Colchester and Southend who fight for every ball. And it's all very well demanding we sign Lee Hendrie but we have tough competition for him and his wages are astronomical for this division. Just because we've heard rumours that we've offered £20,000 a week to a player or two, people are starting to treat the sum lightly. Are they really going to offer three times as much value as our best players last season??

Meh, he's not that bad. Probabley better than some of the guff around last season a la Hammond N Horsefield.

Be interesting to see him in the Championship. He always struck me as a player totally out of his depth in the Premiership but could possibly do a job down here where the pace isn't quite as frantic and you don't need a perfect first touch.

Hendrie can just go and **** off.

There.

I said it.

The answer to "Would you like a contract?" is 'yes' or 'no' - not 'I think I want to go around other clubs to see what I can get, like a football whore, first'.

Bollocks to you, Hendrie.

Be interesting to see him in the Championship. He always struck me as a player totally out of his depth in the Premiership but could possibly do a job down here where the pace isn't quite as frantic and you don't need a perfect first touch.

He's had spells in the Championship before and not looked up to much.

We'll see anyway, I'll be suprised if we sign him.

but that would mean we would need to start looking again if we sign him and we go up...

big ifs and buts i know...

I hope we sign Lisbie, he scored yesterday 1-1 draw with Rushden.

No way, he scored against Rushden ?! he must be amazing. But seriously, if he can play on the left, get him in, because we are looking woefully short of left sided players. Im not going another season relying on Porter, who will hopefully be sold and will find his level at league 2.

No way, he scored against Rushden ?! he must be amazing. But seriously, if he can play on the left, get him in, because we are looking woefully short of left sided players. Im not going another season relying on Porter, who will hopefully be sold and will find his level at league 2.

*enter thracian* :whistle:

We're not short, we've got Hayes and Porter for the left, Kaebi and Newton on the right. So surely we are short on the right too?

We're not short, we've got Hayes and Porter for the left, Kaebi and Newton on the right. So surely we are short on the right too?

Ka'abi - international player with 50 caps to his name.

Newton - long career in the top two divisions

Hayes - kid

Porter - half a season of alright-ish performances

Archived