Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

..............................Kevin Lisbie

Hope Job still comes and the Lisbie bit falls through. 16 goals in 155 apps is rather worrying! :eek: :eek: Seemed to do alright at Gillingham a few years back (probably 3rd division then...can't be arsed to look) but rather shocking career overall.

I cannot believe we'd even entertain a winger with that record. Has it not been patently obvious for ages that we need wingers who can score and make goals?.

Our record says we don't score nearly often enough.

One problem has been the lack of one effective striker.

Another has been the lack of goals/creativity from central midfield.

A third is the lack of goals/assists from the right wing particularly.

We've missed having full-backs who support attacks and help deliver their share of bals into the box.

And, connected with that is that we've never got enough men forward when attacking nor win any attacking headers in open play.

If Allen puts that lot aright we might be a threat but is doesn't sound as if Lisbee will seriously help to accomplish that.

I cannot believe we'd even entertain a winger with that record. Has it not been patently obvious for ages that we need wingers who can score and make goals?.

Our record says we don't score nearly often enough.

One problem has been the lack of one effective striker.

Another has been the lack of goals/creativity from central midfield.

A third is the lack of goals/assists from the right wing particularly.

We've missed having full-backs who support attacks and help deliver their share of bals into the box.

And, connected with that is that we've never got enough men forward when attacking nor win any attacking headers in open play.

If Allen puts that lot aright we might be a threat but is doesn't sound as if Lisbee will seriously help to accomplish that.

Agreed, Lisbie's record isn't great and where would he fit in, his record suggest that he would be no different to Elvid!!

Those who are criticising Kevin Lisbie.

Have any of you actually seen him play? Or is he just rubbish on football manager? :P

He's a useful player.

I think that is the issue, he is injured so much that it has not been possible to see him play. Joking apart he is a quality player but I am very concerned he has too many medical problems.

Hasnt Elvis found a Serie A or La Liga club yet?? Thats shocking. :unsure:

Going to Barcelona apparently.

Straight swap for Gudjohnson.

Rubbish followed by obligatory whistler :whistle:

In my eyes they would both be very good signings and have had experience at premiership level. I totally disagree that lisbie is worse than hammond. I don't think anyone could be as bad as hammond if they tried.

i meant lisbie's goal scoring record nineteen goals in ten years isn't exactly exciting and i think even hammond would beat that record

If we sign either Lisbie or Hendrie i'll cry - but for differing reasons. Hendrie would be a great addition and with Kisheshev in midfield things would look good for some passing fottie but that great cr4p tw4t lisbie would be a liability and i'd rather we kept elvis. seriously.

I might have to take this post back. Lisbie's just scored a fantastic goal against me on FIFA '5 and is having a great game. Now I know what you're all thinking - "yeah but that was two years ago he might have gone of the boil by now" - but I'm in my fifth season so he'll be even better three years from now!!! SIGN HIM UP ON A FIVE YEAR DEAL MM!!

I might have to take this post back. Lisbie's just scored a fantastic goal against me on FIFA '5 and is having a great game. Now I know what you're all thinking - "yeah but that was two years ago he might have gone of the boil by now" - but I'm in my fifth season so he'll be even better three years from now!!! SIGN HIM UP ON A FIVE YEAR DEAL MM!!

haha you probably mean that aswell! :worship: lisbie no taaaaaa, hendrie yes pleasse!

Hendrie sure has some baggage, from Wkipedia so it may not all be true

In June 2003, Hendrie received a 12-month driving ban for M40 drink-driving, when he passed a police car over the speed limit on the M40. It was subsequently found that he was 1.5 times over the limit, and banned for twelve months. This was after a June 2000 incident, when Hendrie vowed to become teetotal during the football season after receiving a three-month international ban after breaking a team curfew with the England under-21.[3]

Hendrie married childhood sweetheart Becky in 2004, having had a stag event in Marbella in May where he met Jade Goody. After marrying Becky, the mother of his two children Maizie and Tallulah, the marriage fell apart just hours after their wedding in June, when Becky found he had been seeing lover Emma Cheal, 19. The couple cancelled their £120,000 honeymoon in Mauritius and Hendrie

moved out of their £1 million marital home in Solihull to stay with friends.[4] But Becky took revenge when she found out that he had moved in with Emma. Becky scratched insults on his new £60,000 Porsche Cayenne, which led to Hendrie threatening to sue; and spent upwards of £50,000 on new credit cards. He subsequently left Emma, and had a short fling with Jade.[5]

In October 2004, it was reported that Hendrie was secretly dating 18 year-old Amy Bruce, daughter of Birmingham City's boss Steve Bruce. Hendrie denied it, but when Bruce appeared at a match with cuts and bruises on his face, the rumours escalated. The injuries were sustained, Bruce said, when he confronted two thieves trying to make off with his daughter's Mini. But the matter was never reported to West Midlands Police.[4]

On 21 August 2005 he assaulted Jamie May in Solihull. He was subsequently convicted on 3 March 2006 and ordered to serve 60 hours of community service. It is reported that he is currently training with Leicester City who are set to beat Coventry and Stoke to the midfielder

On the other hand he does have few honours:

England

• Senior England Caps(Goals) 1(0)

Aston Villa

• League Cup Winners (1994, 1996)
  • League Cup Semi Finalists (2004)
  • F.A Cup Runners Up (2000)
  • Intertoto Cup Winners (2001)

I don’t understand this situation at all. Why on earth MA and MM would allow him to train with us while looking to negotiate contracts with other clubs is absurd. I can only assume this article is untrue and that he has probably agreed to sign in principle to join us while they iron out the minor details of his contract.

I don’t understand this situation at all. Why on earth MA and MM would allow him to train with us while looking to negotiate contracts with other clubs is absurd. I can only assume this article is untrue and that he has probably agreed to sign in principle to join us while they iron out the minor details of his contract.

OR he's not actually training with us an Bill Anderson in the Mockery got it all wrong which is probably more likely imo

OR he's not actually training with us an Bill Anderson in the Mockery got it all wrong which is probably more likely imo

I actually think Martin Allen himself admitted the other day in one of his public OS briefings that Hendrie was training with us in

Crap! sounds like hes proborbly off 2 Boro we just have to hope that if we can guarentee him first team football which i dont think boro can do he'll see sense but sounds like he'd be in favour of a move to boro so if we dont get him Clemence is quite a similar player so that may happen. i'd be very dissapointed if we missed out on him

Crap! sounds like hes proborbly off 2 Boro we just have to hope that if we can guarentee him first team football which i dont think boro can do he'll see sense but sounds like he'd be in favour of a move to boro so if we dont get him Clemence is quite a similar player so that may happen. i'd be very dissapointed if we missed out on him

Well if we have to guarantee him first team football he can bugger off, we shouldn't be signing anyone demanding that. each player has to be told they must earn their place in the team.

i thought that someone on here said that they saw him training with the squad :dunno:

The pikey fecker isn't bothered about guarantees about playing....just the £££££.

willy puller.

Well if we have to guarantee him first team football he can bugger off, we shouldn't be signing anyone demanding that. each player has to be told they must earn their place in the team.

i agree, everyone got to earn there place

at the end of the day, it's pretty clear imo that he doesn't really want to play for us. we've made him an offer - he's not accepted and is looking for better, simple as. he won't be a regular in a premiership side.

Archived