Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

..............................Kevin Lisbie

No way, he scored against Rushden ?! he must be amazing. But seriously, if he can play on the left, get him in, because we are looking woefully short of left sided players. Im not going another season relying on Porter, who will hopefully be sold and will find his level at league 2.

No-one could score against them. He must be doing something right.

Ka'abi - international player with 50 caps to his name.

Newton - long career in the top two divisions

Hayes - kid

Porter - half a season of alright-ish performances

Fair play, i set myself up for that one :whistle: I think the best thing to do would sign a winger who can play on both flanks, it would be impossible to keep three left wingers happy.

If not Im sure he'll do it in the pub. I hear he performs more consistantly there anyway.

It's to be recommended then. Perhaps Cort should try it. Cos I'd hazard a guess that Porter's as fit or fitter than anyone else in the first team squad.

If anyone believes we'll win things without scoring/making goals from midfield they're mistaken. Where would Chelsea be without Lampard's goals and look what Manchester United lost when Scholes was out?.

But reading the game, breaking attacks and restarting them are all vital characteristics of a midfielder and in people like Clemence if he signs, Porter, Weso and Kishishev we've already got people to do that. Porter, I'm quite convinced, can do those things and score as well because his shooting technique is excellent.

Much harder is finding wingers who can score/create but at least Gradel seems to be training regularly with the first team now and, faults aside, that lad can score.

Fact is we need 80-odd goals a season to be in contention. And even given 35 goals from our strikers (by no means certain as it stands) that means 45 have to come from elsewhere. So midfielders have to do more than hold - as we should long have learned after misguidedly using the likes of Hughes, Tiatto and Jarrett in our engine room.

Was just having a look at the Championship table from last season and just HAD to come back and find this post, cos 80-odd goals is bollocks. Birmingham scored 67 and Derby scored 62.

Given we could expect around 35-40 between three or four main strikers given another addition or two, that leaves 25-30 between the rest of the team and our defenders can account for at least 10-12 of those.

Has anyone heard any more news about Hendrie? Seems to have all gone quiet.

Another one of footballs money grabbing sods is still waiting for Real Madrid and Barca to come in for him lol

hendrie is a player who would sit on the bench for the hole season and be happy to pick up wages. he's already p*ssed a lot of our fans off by not deciding who he wants to play for by waiting to see who offers him the most money so if he came here i don't think his heart would be in it

Close this thread please as boring,no substance and neither wanted here now we've got Clemence

you dont have to read it you know some of us like all this specualtion dragging on a tad now though :P

It's to be recommended then. Perhaps Cort should try it. Cos I'd hazard a guess that Porter's as fit or fitter than anyone else in the first team squad.

Still bloody slow and easily bullied off the ball though. He has moments but they are few and far between. I think you should put the rose tinted specs away for a bit.

Close this thread please as boring,no substance and neither wanted here now we've got Clemence

Why ? So some other person can make a new one we sign him ? It's worth keeping it open while he's a free agent.

Still no link to your wonderful rumour.

There was never a news article announcing his arrival so I doubt there'd be one announcing his departure. The only reference to him I can find is the offical site/Merc mentioning he played in the behind closed doors friendly.

I reckon he'll end up at Leeds.

There was never a news article announcing his arrival so I doubt there'd be one announcing his departure. The only reference to him I can find is the offical site/Merc mentioning he played in the behind closed doors friendly.

I reckon he'll end up at Leeds.

Blimey Manwell this is a bit unlike you, I posted that 4 days ago - you been away for the weekend or something???

I think him ending up at Leeds would be a fitting punishment for him tarting his services to the highest bidder.

Archived