Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Hinckley match thread

Decent game, bit feisty for a friendly! Was impressed with Clemence when he came on, aswell as Hellings. Also, some lad came on at left back (#19) came on and did well, didn't know who he was.

Think that was Ryan Beswick :thumbup: I was also impressed with the number 22, was that Howard?

Im hoping MDV comes off the transfer list as i reckon he'll be our 15-20 goal a season man.

Save your money 2 million Milan on DJ Campbell.

lol

Touch like a rapist

Altough he does look like he's lost weight.

He had nothing to do really. At one point he came out with a flying Karate kick and completely missed the ball!

Not liking Nielsen much tbh, doesn't command his area and why he jumped out with his feet instead of trying to smother the ball is beyond me.

Head? Foot?

The post.

Durham on TB reckons it looked to him as if Hayes had scored it. :unsure:

Yep I think what happened Hayes kicked the ball in De Vries' direction, De Vries was standing by the post, De Vries missed the ball but the ball hit the post on in the back of the net, De Vries had a cheeky look about and went of celebrating and claimed the goal.

Even if De Vries did score (Which i'm 98% sure he didn't), I ain't giving it him! lol

The post.

Yep I think what happened Hayes kicked the ball in De Vries' direction, De Vries was standing by the post, De Vries missed the ball but the ball hit the post on in the back of the net, De Vries had a cheeky look about and went of celebrating and claimed the goal.

Even if De Vries did score (Which i'm 98% sure he didn't), I ain't giving it him! lol

I thought it was Hayes who scored, but we were all at the opposite end so :dunno:

Weso was MOM thought he ran the show, weres he found his right foot? :) Clemence class as i expected, stearman never a midfielder,

Stood next to Henderson and Sappleton in the stand aswell!

who was on the tannoy aswell! made me laugh, couldn't pronounce any names!

It was quite interesting listening to MA on the side. He kept shouting "Keep it! Keep it!", but we kept rushing things. He also continually encouraged chambers et al to bomb on and overlap, which chambers did really well.

Weso was MOM thought he ran the show, weres he found his right foot? :) Clemence class as i expected, stearman never a midfielder,

Stood next to Henderson and Sappleton in the stand aswell!

who was on the tannoy aswell! made me laugh, couldn't pronounce any names!

Was Sappleton wearing a black jacket by any chance and look like Emile Heskey?

last game against oadby people said that nielsen flapped at a corner or cross was there any of that today

Can say they did the same tonight, which is how Hinckley scored, need to work on those set pieces

Can I just say, as the risk of encouraging Thracian, that we seemed to play much better football when it was the youngsters who were on.

It was pass and move. What they're taught to do i'm sure.

Leicester win 3-1 with goals by Mark DeVries, Iain Hume and an 30 yard corker from James Wesolowski against an own goal by Sheehan.

City maintained a good tempo through the first half and although constant changes disrupted the second half there is no doubt that July 2007 can be written as the time Leicester City started trying to play some proper football again.

Man of the Match? Difficult to tell with so many substitutions. But Alan Sheehan made up for his rather unlucky own goal by single handedly making the goal which restored City's lead. Sheehan played almost a full game and looked back to his old self, constantly making himself available once we gained possession, tirelessly making an extra man in attack and delivering some pin-perfect long passes.

Also contesting was Iain Hume, who, if anything, seems even faster and more energetic than last year and another goal after taking a 25-yard pass from Sheehan was reward for his non-stop tenacity.

Jonathan Hayes was also impressive. He seemed to claim the first goal after a brilliant move involving Sean Newton and James Chambers although it was later credited to Mark DeVries. That was after 10 minutes during which Leicester had entered the fray like a team possessed with DeVries almost panicking the home defence into conceding a goal in the first 30 seconds.

Hayes continued to drive forward, smashing one piledriver of a shot and combining in several smooth multi-man moves in front of a record crowd for Hinckley of 3079.

Hinckley were reeling early on but somehow survived and a corner resulted in their equaliser when Nielsen failed to deal with a cross which whipped across his six yard box and seemed almost to be going in before catching Sheehan unawares and rebounding into the net.

Nielsen never looked comfortable against Hinckley's accurate corners and there was always the chance of an equaliser before James Wesolowski was fed by Porter, took one look and fired a fearsome rocket of shot into the net from 30 yards midway through the second half.

City might have scored at least another three.

Sheehan almost chipped over the Hinckley goalkeeper after a good move with Newton, Elvis Hammond brought a brilliant save from the Hinckley goalkeeper with a rasping volley on the turn and, finally, the best move of the game involved Porter clearing 40 yards to Hammond, racing almost the length of field to take the return and chipping it to the far post where a right post header by Ryan Beswick ended in the side-netting. So nearly a goal to remember.

Richard Stearman skippered the side in midfield and again looked back to his enthusiastic best.

A forum member I sat with thought our supposedly vulnerable left side looked our strongest feature when Sheehan and Hayes were rampant and another fanatical City follower beside him said we were suddeny spoilt for choice in midfield because in contrast to last season there was all the support, passing and moving we were previously missing.

Ryan Beswick had 15 minutes or so as replacement for Sheehan and confirmed his quick-passing competence, Clemence had a short appearance which warmed his sophisticated engine, Scott Garner, Fraser Tuttle and Steven Howard were introduced from the Academy and altogether Martin Allen must have been thrilled with the enthusiasm and determination of everyone.

No, Leicester City are not yet a smooth running machine. But they looked to be fast getting there and the evening was good entertainment for all who turned up.

Ratings:

Neilsen 5 (Not convincing. Just doesn't dominate when crosses are fired in. Fortunately, corners apart, there weren't many).

James Chambers 7.5 (Tired towards the end but looks a real find and was always involved all along the flank).

Bruno N'Gotty 7 (Steady and offered veryl litle by way of chances in open play).

Gareth McAuley 6 (A little rusty but sound enough).

Alan Sheehan 8 (Looked the player of two years back and always a threat going forward. Another assist).

Sean Newton 6.5 (Mixture of good and not so good. One assist).

Richard Stearman 7.5 (Endless energy and oosing confidence again)

Rad Kishishev 6.5 (Competent cimplicity)

Jon Hayes 7.5 (Looked set for a stormer early on with his goal and tenacious runs. faded later).

Mark DeVries 7 (A goal amd might have had a couple more)

Iain Hume 8 (The epithamy of everything Martin Allen wants. Endless effort and another goal).

Significant Subs:

Wesolowski 7.5 (great goal and again looked a class act).

Porter 7 (Helped re-establish our passing and moving in midfield and almost created a wonder goal)

Hammond 7 (His volley brought the save of the match and he always looked like trouble for Hinckley).

Beswick 6.5 (Job done with nothing to fault. Very close to a headed goal and generally showed he can play a bit and be relied on).

Clemence 5.5 (No particular impact but clearly a capable player).

Cort 6 (Classy touches and a little more fitness)

Also used Hellings, Tuttle, Howard, Garner.

Martin Allen +1.5 (Total +16) For another win, for another record-breaking attendance, for presenting a committed team who gave good value to all who attended and for purposefully involving so many players and giving himself chance to learn so much. All around me seemed to enjoy it and that can only help to fill our ground when the season starts.

Alan Sheehan made up for his rather unlucky own goal by single handedly making the goal which restored City's lead. Sheehan played almost a full game and looked back to his old self, constantly making himself available once we gained possession, tirelessly making an extra man in attack and delivering some pin-perfect long passes.

Oh come on, Sheehan was shakey tonight. Beswick out did him.

Man of the Match? Difficult to tell with so many substitutions. But Alan Sheehan made up for his rather unlucky own goal by single handedly making the goal which restored City's lead. Sheehan played almost a full game and looked back to his old self, constantly making himself available once we gained possession, tirelessly making an extra man in attack and delivering some pin-perfect long passes.

Alan Sheehan 8 (Looked the player of two years back and always a threat going forward. Another assist).

Thracian, no. He didn't do much wrong, I can't even blame him for the own goal, but he was nowhere near as good as you make out.

Biggest news is Captain Stearman. I'm not gonna get carried away but it's a strange choice.

Yeah but as soon as he came off Clemence got the armband. Id read more into that.

Hellings was poor, Neilsen worried the bejesus outta me especially with his kung fu antics when he fluffed from Jon Stevenson and his inabillity to command the area that led to thier goal.

Alan Sheehan and Jonny Hayes down the left looked amazing. Pushed each other for the man of the match award in my opinion. Hayes possibly nudging it as Sheehan was unlucky enough to score an OG.

Clemence showed in 20 minutes that he is gonna be a class signing. Ability and vision in bundles. And Weso's rocket! Worth the entrance fee alone!

That goal was Hayes all the way and when the announcer called it as De Vries i nearly wet meeself!

Of the youngsters Beswick shone and showed that left back position has cover all over the place even though hes a winger.

yeh he did look smaller than id av thought he would be, i thought it was Heskey when he walked over to Henderson

He does look like Heskey.

i said to a friend thats Ricky Sappleton and he turned round

Knew it was him :D

I thought Sheehan worked really well in the second half when he was combining with Porter, always attacking on the left and put in a perfect pass to Hammond who didn't do much when he received it.

Overall I thought that our left side looked quite classy with Hayes, Sheehan, Porter and Beswick all playing a part throughout the evening.

Archived