Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

12th Signing

A lot of people are working on the assumption that MDV and Elvis will have actually gone by the end of the transfer window...

The rest appear to want Fryatt to go.

It's quite possible that all 3 of them will still be here come 11/08.

We should work on the assumption they're not good enough for the team anyway, so therefore don't count.

We should work on the assumption they're not good enough for the team anyway, so therefore don't count.

If that were true, why is MA bothering to play them?

Why not leave them out of the friendlies and play Academy players to make up the numbers and prove what they are capable of?

Yawn all you like mate.

Unless you can convince me otherwise..

It is plain to see what the going rate for strikers is. I don't see why it should have to brought up all the time. I would rather have DJ, than Varney, Eastwood or Sharp and they all went for around the same figure. If that is the standard price, then how can it be called 'over-priced'?

Anyone who posts the following can suck my balls:

Over-priced

I'd expect more for the money

He'd better bag 20+ goals for the amount of money.

Etc

Get those balls over here, my son. :thumbup:

A lot of people are working on the assumption that MDV and Elvis will have actually gone by the end of the transfer window...

The rest appear to want Fryatt to go.

It's quite possible that all 3 of them will still be here come 11/08.

So what, they can rot in the reserves until the summer then.

If that were true, why is MA bothering to play them?

Why not leave them out of the friendlies and play Academy players to make up the numbers and prove what they are capable of?

Who is going to put an offer in if they are rotting away and un-fit?

Agreed, we have to play along with the market or we just won't get the players ahead of clubs with parachute money to burn.

MM is sticking to his promise of spending £4m this summer with:

£2.1 (campbell) + £750,000 (clemence) + undisclosed. (Kaebi)

Don't forget £650,000 back in from McCarthy.

It is plain to see what the going rate for strikers is. I don't see why it should have to brought up all the time. I would rather have DJ, than Varney, Eastwood or Sharp and they all went for around the same figure. If that is the standard price, then how can it be called 'over-priced'?

WHAT?

Get some facts..

I think you will find them earlier in this thread.

Don't suppose press conference will be on skysports news?? :blink:

A birmingham fan in my office has just received a text from Birmingham City's text service saying that we have signed Campbell for £1.6M

DJ Spins In

Posted on: Fri 20 Jul 2007

Leicester City have beaten off competition from a host of Championship clubs to sign Birmingham City striker Dudley 'DJ' Campbell for a fee that could rise to £2.1million.

Well known for his pace and eye for a goal, the 25-year-old hitman joins the Foxes on a four-year contract and becomes manager Martin Allen's 12th capture of the summer.

Despite making only 20 starts during his first full season at St. Andrew's, Campbell scored an impressive 12 goals to play his part in the successful promotion bid.

It was Allen who gave Campbell his first break in professional football, capturing the striker for £5,000 from non-league Yeading, where he had scored an incredible 83 times in 109 appearances, in January 2005.

Campbell famously scored two goals to lead the Bees to victory over Premiership side Sunderland in the fourth round of the FA Cup in January 2006 - and just three days later he would become a Blues player in an initial £500,000 deal.

The player joins up with former team-mates Stephen Clemence and Bruno N'Gotty, who have also made the move from St Andrew's to the Walkers Stadium this summer.

City chairman Milan Mandaric said: "DJ is a player whom we have been chasing for some time and after long and exhausting negotiations we are delighted to have completed the deal.

"This is a signing that really excites me and I believe he will be a great acquisition for Leicester City Football Club. He has great pace and he scores goals."

Campbell began his career as a youth player at Aston Villa. Spells at Chesham, Stevenage and Billericay followed before he signed for Yeading in 2003.

The £2.1million fee is the highest paid for a player by the club since the acquisition of Ian Walker for £2.5million from Tottenham Hotspur in 2001.

DJ!DJ Spins InPosted on: Fri 20 Jul 2007Leicester City have beaten off competition from a host of Championship clubs to sign Birmingham City striker Dudley 'DJ' Campbell for a fee that could rise to £2.1million.Well known for his pace and eye for a goal, the 25-year-old hitman joins the Foxes on a four-year contract and becomes manager Martin Allen's 12th capture of the summer.Despite making only 20 starts during his first full season at St. Andrew's, Campbell scored an impressive 12 goals to play his part in the successful promotion bid. It was Allen who gave Campbell his first break in professional football, capturing the striker for £5,000 from non-league Yeading, where he had scored an incredible 83 times in 109 appearances, in January 2005.Campbell famously scored two goals to lead the Bees to victory over Premiership side Sunderland in the fourth round of the FA Cup in January 2006 - and just three days later he would become a Blues player in an initial £500,000 deal.The player joins up with former team-mates Stephen Clemence and Bruno N'Gotty, who have also made the move from St Andrew's to the Walkers Stadium this summer.City chairman Milan Mandaric said: "DJ is a player whom we have been chasing for some time and after long and exhausting negotiations we are delighted to have completed the deal."This is a signing that really excites me and I believe he will be a great acquisition for Leicester City Football Club. He has great pace and he scores goals."Campbell began his career as a youth player at Aston Villa. Spells at Chesham, Stevenage and Billericay followed before he signed for Yeading in 2003.The £2.1million fee is the highest paid for a player by the club since the acquisition of Ian Walker for £2.5million from Tottenham Hotspur in 2001.

Archived