Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheBlinding

Derek Riordan

Possibly beccause the news has just broken and they'll update the article in a little while.

Maybe, but its hardly big enough news for them to put an unsourced story out in order to beat their competitors. It would be much better practice for them to get the full story.

Are there any good-looking Scottish footballers? I can't imagine the women go wild for Rab, Hughes or Riordan? We're giving the LCGs some pretty poor eye candy here.

They'll be too busy gazing up to the back of F1 I reckon.

I can't be tossed to read any of the threads in this forum - have we signed anyone yet?

Manderic should really start keeping his mouth shut over transfer dealings, especially if he hasnt talked to MA first. I find it strange there seems to be another mix-up, as MM said there is a list of players that MA had given him! Why isnt he going after those and not players MA doesn't seem to want! It's getting annoying now, I get excited for nothing!

Manderic should really start keeping his mouth shut over transfer dealings, especially if he hasnt talked to MA first. I find it strange there seems to be another mix-up, as MM said there is a list of players that MA had given him! Why isnt he going after those and not players MA doesn't seem to want! It's getting annoying now, I get excited for nothing!

im guessing by this there seems to be no action on leicesters behalf because MA doesnt want him....

If i remember correctly, MA said he had been known to pull out of deals once it became public that he was after him....

he really seems to like buisness done privately... could be why he has now gone cold...

Riordan's Leicester hopes fade

Celtic striker Derek Riordan's hopes of a move to Leicester City appear to have been misplaced. Manager Martin Allen has decided not to make an approach for the 24-year-old Scotland cap, BBC Sport believes.

Leicester owner Milan Mandaric had earlier said: "I can confirm there is an interest, although we are miles away from conducting business."

Riordan's agent, Jim McArthur, had hoped that Mandaric's words would lead to an offer from the Championship club.

"Leicester have been in touch and I'd expect them to step it up," McArthur told The Sun.

"I've spoken with their owner, Milan Mandaric, and I would like to think something could move this week."

Leicester lost out to Cardiff City in their attempts to sign Jimmy-Floyd Hasselbaink.

"They went in for Hasselbaink and didn't get him and now they've turned their attentions to Derek," said the Scotland international's agent.

o.gif

Riordan joined Celtic from Hibernian last summer.

But he has become frustrated after making just 10 starts and has recently been linked with Sheffield Wednesday, West Brom and Norwich.

Discussions with Wednesday failed to produce a move this month.

The Scotland international said last month that he would use the month of August to contemplate his future.

Reading that I suspect something along the lines of:- the Agent asked MM if he was interested and MM said we may be Ill ask Allen, the agent has then used that to drum up interest from other clubs, meanwhile Allen has said no, maybe he feels he can use a £1mill better elsewhere :dunno:

Reading that I suspect something along the lines of:- the Agent asked MM if he was interested and MM said we may be Ill ask Allen, the agent has then used that to drum up interest from other clubs, meanwhile Allen has said no, maybe he feels he can use a £1mill better elsewhere :dunno:

ok thanks for posting that as the link wouldnt work for me...

hmm... i can see a clash happening- MM thinks its good to go public as he thinks the player will like to be wanted and thinks he is a big name.., MA likes to keep quiet to try and get deals done without other teams hearing about it... you can see who has come from the prem and who has come from the lower divisions cant you?

Or it could be like you said.. lol

Didn't Mandaric say Allen came to him with a list of players he's interested in bringing here? Riordan was one of them..?

im not sure if we fully know Riordan was on that list.... the list was never shared...

Found it

Leicester City are interested in out-of-favour Celtic striker Derek Riordan, according to Foxes owner Milan Mandaric.

The 24-year-old has struggled to pin down a regular first-team place since arriving from Hibernian last summer and has been linked with a move to West Brom and Norwich.

However, Leicester boss Martin Allen is keen to add the Scotland international to his squad.

Mandaric told the Scottish Daily Mail: " I can confirm that Martin has an interest in Riordan, for sure.

http://sport.scotsman.com/football.cfm?id=1321162007

DEREK RIORDAN'S agent claims the Celtic striker is in line to join Leicester this week.

The 24-year-old former Hibs forward has not played for the Hoops yet this season and has been linked previously with Sheffield Wednesday and Norwich. Riordan has also failed to make any more appearances for Scotland to add to his one cap in 2005.

Agent Jim McArthur described Riordan's spell out of the Celtic team as "frustrating" for the player. "Leicester have been in touch and I'd expect them to step it up," McArthur added. "I've spoken with their owner Milan Mandaric over the weekend and I would like to think something could move this week. They went in for [Jimmy-Floyd] Hasselbaink and didn't get him and now they have turned their attentions to Derek."

This article: http://sport.scotsman.com/football.cfm?id=1321162007

Last updated: 20-Aug-07 17:45 BST

ok thanks for posting that as the link wouldnt work for me...

hmm... i can see a clash happening- MM thinks its good to go public as he thinks the player will like to be wanted and thinks he is a big name.., MA likes to keep quiet to try and get deals done without other teams hearing about it... you can see who has come from the prem and who has come from the lower divisions cant you?

Or it could be like you said.. lol

That all worries me. If it's another fall out a la the Hasselbaink affair it can't be good news

im getting reet p!ssed off with this b@lox i really want riordan out of all the potential transfers that have been thrown about mandaric & whoevers concerned should keep there f@cking gobs shut until a serious offer has been made which everyone (mm ma + player) agree's on f@ckin b@st@rdin b@lox :banghead:

The story I posted on page 12 was written at 17:45 today, which was after the BBC article, it was also his agent who claimed he was set to sign not just a journo from the BBC!?!

Yeh but that exact same story from his agent had come up earlier today, so it's just been re-used! I think the 2nd article about MA not been interested has come after the original comments made by his agent!

Things lookin bad for the MA & MM relationship they seem to be having so many differences in opinion id bet anything he'll be out by the end of the season unfortunately. I like Allen he seems like a good man but the results and performances havent came in the 1st 3 matches and i cant see Watford being a great success with their start to the season

Archived