Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Sunderland duo complete loan moves

Banks, Shilton, Wallington, Cooper, Flowers, Walker...

kalac, douglas, hendo, logan....

what the hell went wrong?????

Don't forget Kasey Keller (in the Banks, Shilton etc list!) who's now 37 and looking for a club :thumbup:

Keeper No. 6 in our Panini collection?

Does seem like it, especially the enthusiasm bit!

maybe it should have read:

Clive has undertaken and passed with flying colours and much enthusiasm a stringent fitness assessment which is standard for all players who join this football club, unlike some other $%^&*&^^%$£" the other day :):dunno: .

The players aren't happy with the current fitness set up (or lack of) , they've all been chasing up the sacked fitness bloke to get a decent programme!

Clive Clarke, can look quite good on the ball, good vision good first touch but the more he played for us the more ineffective he became and he is quite slow also, can't believe West Sham spent as much money on him as they did, Stoke fans thought Marcus Hall was better.
Best goalie we've had since Kirkland, started slowly for us made a few clangers but grew in stature. Even before Keano secured Craig Gordon he didn't rate Fullop.
Clive Clarke is about the slowest footballer you're ever likely to see..
Clive Clarke doesn't like playing the ball on the floor but he tends to hit it at the forwards face instead of the chest or head.

Fulop is a good signing I think. I don't know much about Clarke, but it's an area that needs depth for us.

Fulop is a good signing I think. I don't know much about Clarke, but it's an area that needs depth for us.

i'll just be happy with a LB who can tackle and know how to stay in position. we can leave the fancy purchases in defence to next season. i reckon it sounds like he can at least do that.

i dont mean this in a pessamistic way i just want some stability at left back...

Maybe the players should quit moaning and get stuck in. Allen has all the badges, I trust he knows more about fitness and training than the players do. Bound to be a few grumbles, I wouldn't worry about it just yet. Also I have heard no suggestions that the players have looked off the pace so far.

Fitness is not a key problem, what we need is:

Less panic!

More quality from the players that we know have it in them but aren't showing it e.g Clemence, Kisihisev, Campbell.

Less anxiety

More control

Less hoofing by Henderson

More movement off the ball

Less procrastination in front of the goal, More shooting on sight

More cohesion, one twos, passing beyond the defender, ala MDV against Portsmouth.

Simple more fooking intelligence!!!

None of that is impossible we have the players to achieve it, yes even some of those from last year.

Apparently Fulop played a blinder against Juventus in a friendly a few weeks back.

Great signing.

Not too sure about Clarke though.

He's on a 3 month loan, I don't see the harm..........yet.

He's on a 3 month loan, I don't see the harm..........yet.

If he can sit back, protect the center backs and be solid and read the game the that's all good, but if he's slow it's best he doesn't push up too often. Further highlights we need a left winger who can run the line and attack. Imperative

Fitness is not a key problem, what we need is:

Less panic!

More quality from the players that we know have it in them but aren't showing it e.g Clemence, Kisihisev, Campbell.

Less anxiety

More control

Less hoofing by Henderson

More movement off the ball

Less procrastination in front of the goal, More shooting on sight

More cohesion, one twos, passing beyond the defender, ala MDV against Portsmouth.

Simple more fooking intelligence!!!

None of that is impossible we have the players to achieve it, yes even some of those from last year.

Agree with less panic and anxiety as well as movement off the ball. Hopefully Fulop will fix the Henderson problem.

He's had the fookers training 3 times a day. What more do they need?
Exactly. I've no idea how they couldn't be fit. Pre-season is supposed to be hard and Allen had them training plenty. Something doesn't add up.

Training extends beyond the group work, e.g weights for example.

Archived