Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

The Ex-Manager Speaks

Good morning everyone,

Yesterday I went swimming in a frozen lake. It wasn't frozen to begin with, I had to freeze it first and then I broke the ice to climb in. In many ways managing Leicester City was like climbing into that lake only there were less dead wet fish because I got rid of one to Charlton and the other to Motherwell before I left. But I still broke the ice anyway.

I think we achieved a lot together before I left, but what I did was incidental; the players deserve the credit not me. They jump after the hare in a blind fashion as it races around the stadium and the trainer just stands near the stadium trying to get into the knickers off the daughter of an addicted gambler.

You can take the dog home at the end of the race, give it a doggy chew, feed it some Bonios, pick up the shit that it leaves lying around and sometimes scratch its stomach...but if that dog doesn't want to chase fluffy rabbits, it doesn't matter how good a trainer you are. Sometimes you find that your house is full of dogs that you didn't buy. Sometimes you ask the dog owner to stop leaving his tired, old dogs around your house but little do you think that it will be the dog owner that bites you. Football management is surprising like that.

I remember thinking that football management is a funny old game while I was grafting 27 hours a day as a self-employed gardener. That's real pressure for you - pruning rose bushes and stopping for cups of tea. You don't want someone poncing about in your garden, and err hanging around, fluffing about and all that stuff. And that's what I did at Leicester. Gardening can help relieve the stress of management but it’s also similar to tending a football team. I took a hedge-trimmer to clear out the flower beds at the training ground. The owner of the flower patch then gave me a load of plants; some of them didn't like the soil, some very very old and some were already dead - but I propped them up and pretended I could make them grow. Eventually, you have to say "No, I want some plants that I like the look of, I don't like that plant - it won't fit on a left-facing wall" but we all know that in the gardening game you have to make you bed and not step on it. Hopefully, some of the seedlings I didn't lend to other gardeners will be able to do a half decent job.

You know, managing Leicester City was a lot like eating your Sunday dinner. At the beginning I was very keen to get started but I had to dick about with the DVD-watching, that was like my prawn cocktail. Then I wanted to tuck into my veg & meat course but the bloke that was paying for the whole thing kept flicking bits of food at me that I didn't want. It was like my plate was being piled up on one side with food that didn't go together, like processed cheese and broken Hula Hoops. They have no place on a Sunday dinner plate at all. I kept trying to re-arrange my plate and in the end had to take it all to a restaurant in Scotland. But, as is always the way, the bloke who pays for the meal gets the final say and here I am now, at the end of the meal, without any wafer mints. Or any coffee. You know what I mean?

After a good Sunday meal I like to play games with my children but they've got too good so I don't play them anymore. Anyway, we can't afford any games now.

It seems as though my Auntie has balls.

Take care,

Martin

buddha230707_468x543.jpg

so u think he didnt know what he was doing, have a word with yourself u gimp

Haha i love all these "rough", brave young posters popping up, calling eachother gimps, mongies, blue mongies perhaps and taking things so seriously.

anyone know where that came from? a source would be good...

:laugh: well done martin for you refreshing view on football and for making it more interesting to follow leicester!!! sorry it had to end this way but good luck in the future, you can manage my garden anytime

Can't believe this fella thought it was actually mad dog saying that. Unbelievable!

Archived