Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Congrats! :D

Been a pretty good day. Driving to work was a 'mare but other then that its been pretty good. Playing football on Thursday which will be my first game of pre-season, trying to shake off the knee problems again. Hoping to get an hour without to much of a reaction should be good. I'm pretty hyped up this week :)

Terrible right now. Hoping it will be better at 6 when I go out with a couple of m8s

<<<hug>>> Just make sure you enjoy yourself tonight!

I've been spending time at observing things at court. Whilst it's all interesting from an academic and detached perspective, seeing the effect that decisions have on ordinary people is very humbling, and a timely reminder of how important the whole criminal justice system is, despite its faults. It has certainly given me a lot of food for thought.

On the upside, my motor-mouth has brought me some wanted attention, that might be good for my future career prospects, and my first Inn dining tickets have arrived. Exciting times! :thumbsup:

I saw Tunchev wandering round the Highcross aimlessly on his own so I approached him, then bottled it and ended up just shouting 'I love you, you legend' really hurriedly at him. He did smile and nod at me which was some consolation after the bottlebank job.

<<<hug>>> Just make sure you enjoy yourself tonight!

I've been spending time at observing things at court. Whilst it's all interesting from an academic and detached perspective, seeing the effect that decisions have on ordinary people is very humbling, and a timely reminder of how important the whole criminal justice system is, despite its faults. It has certainly given me a lot of food for thought.

On the upside, my motor-mouth has brought me some wanted attention, that might be good for my future career prospects, and my first Inn dining tickets have arrived. Exciting times! :thumbsup:

Thanks. Im glad you were there and appreciate the info. Still reeling and so upset for the family, not only do they have to cope with the loss but now have to brace themselves for all the bollocks to come out in the press and people believing it. No one deserves to die like that whatever their faults.

By the way my m8 asked if you knew what the maximum term possible is for the charge?

Glad you got a lead re your career, hope it works out for you, we need more people like you involved. Im sorry to say my faith in justice has hit rock bottom at the mo :(

Thanks. Im glad you were there and appreciate the info. Still reeling and so upset for the family, not only do they have to cope with the loss but now have to brace themselves for all the bollocks to come out in the press and people believing it. No one deserves to die like that whatever their faults.

By the way my m8 asked if you knew what the maximum term possible is for the charge?

Glad you got a lead re your career, hope it works out for you, we need more people like you involved. Im sorry to say my faith in justice has hit rock bottom at the mo :(

Funnily enough, one of the first things I did when I got back was check the sentencing guidelines, and I was shocked, truly shocked. If the judge feels that she was seriously provoked, she could get as little as 3 years. He may even feel that she should not serve a custodial sentence at all, if he thinks that she was pushed too far. I really wouldn't like to say, but I do know a lot of the family and friends did go and speak to the prosecutor about the verdict immediately afterwards, and if any of this contradicts what she said, I apologise. It is still possible to be given a life sentence.

I don't know if it will help, but the guidelines can be found here.

I really do feel for the family, I really do. It's easy to say don't blame the system, but there are just as many arguments in favour of juries as there are against.

Funnily enough, one of the first things I did when I got back was check the sentencing guidelines, and I was shocked, truly shocked. If the judge feels that she was seriously provoked, she could get as little as 3 years. He may even feel that she should not serve a custodial sentence at all, if he thinks that she was pushed too far. I really wouldn't like to say, but I do know a lot of the family and friends did go and speak to the prosecutor about the verdict immediately afterwards, and if any of this contradicts what she said, I apologise. It is still possible to be given a life sentence.

I don't know if it will help, but the guidelines can be found here.

I really do feel for the family, I really do. It's easy to say don't blame the system, but there are just as many arguments in favour of juries as there are against.

Thanks again. I dont know if they can appeal? I bloody would if it was my Son but then like my M8 said it wont bring him back and his poor old parents probably have been through enough. I know defendants can appeal but not sure about the Prosecution side. Im seriously concerned they will let her walk. This is not gonna end well if she does. My only hope now is that Kharma will do its thing.

I know our system is one of the best but its hard at the moment to not feel a bit bitter. Like you said its all on the day.... sigh.

Well, compared to yesterday:

- body temperature back down to normal levels

- eyes looking a bit less like Rocky's

- less cough

- less headache

- throat less sore

- tummy happier

- mood is up

all in all... a better day... :)

Thanks again. I dont know if they can appeal? I bloody would if it was my Son but then like my M8 said it wont bring him back and his poor old parents probably have been through enough. I know defendants can appeal but not sure about the Prosecution side. Im seriously concerned they will let her walk. This is not gonna end well if she does. My only hope now is that Kharma will do its thing.

I know our system is one of the best but its hard at the moment to not feel a bit bitter. Like you said its all on the day.... sigh.

I think the only appeals that can be made from the CPS is if they think that the sentence is unduly lenient. I don't know if I would put my faith in karma, after what I was told.

My day so far? fooking brilliant.

First day back from Ibiza. The rain is a shock to the system. I also returned to the news that my girlfriend had drunken sex with her ex whilst I was away. Later I have football training, and then after she finishes work, we're meeting up. Oh how I cannot wait for that pleasure.

I feel that the only reasonable thing to do is to end it. Shame.

So yeah, good day! :D:P

lol I dont envy you! :)

I made it to the Emirates with five minutes to spare, haha!

A week ago they had a special offer at the vending machines at work. 20p for a Toffee Crisp. I've since discovered that they've forgotten to change the price back and so anything that gets put in E7 is 20p. Got a 20p Mars Bar today. Lovely stuff.

My day has been shit, needing to revise and being addicted to online poker is a recipe for disaster.

How you been doing lately mate? Full Tilt?

I've been playing a fair bit, winning a few sit n go's.

How you been doing lately mate? Full Tilt?

I've been playing a fair bit, winning a few sit n go's.

Yeah been playing alot of Pot limit Omaha on Full Tilt, up around $280 over the last couple of days so it's hard to stop atm.

What level Sng's are you playing?

And good luck with them

Yeah been playing alot of Pot limit Omaha on Full Tilt, up around $280 over the last couple of days so it's hard to stop atm.

What level Sng's are you playing?

And good luck with them

Omaha? Nice. I've been wanting to learn to play that for a while now, certainly some juicy HORSE games out there at the moment, so I'm reading.

Only $5/6 buy ins at the moment, trying to build some cash then move it on a bit.

Omaha? Nice. I've been wanting to learn to play that for a while now, certainly some juicy HORSE games out there at the moment, so I'm reading.

Only $5/6 buy ins at the moment, trying to build some cash then move it on a bit.

Yeah that's the best way mate, make sure you don't take shots that you can't afford it is best to build a roll nice and steadily