Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
purpleronnie

Filbert Street - The Legendary Home of Leicester City Football Club

Beating Arsenal on Penos in the Fa Cup thanks to Peggy Arphexad. Knocking Fulham out of the cup on Penoes from 2-0 down. Beating Sunderland 5-2. Red Star Belgrade. Arsenal 3-3. Athletico. Great memories of that stadium. Ever since we moved to the Walkers we have been shit. I always sat in the top row of the Carling Stand level with the half way line. Awesome

Edited by maddog

My best memory was when we stuffed Cambridge 5-0 in a play off semi final after drawing at their ground in the first leg. A young Dion Dublin was quite a menace back then and they really did know all about long ball. John Beck picked a good side full of thugs...

Anyway... standing in the kop jumping around hugging grown men i had never met ( as per usual for a city win) each time a goal went in watching us absolutly destroy one of the most awkward teams i had ever seen was ace. We even gave Cambridge a clap as they went round the pitch - we were feeling THAT sporting at having won!!! That game had everything... cambridge tried to gang rape us in the first few minutes but we some how got through it. It also had the best save i had ever personally seen by a GK.. totally bizarre save by their kepper yet fantastic....

Best city Memory STANDING in the Spion Kop!!!

those were the days and if anyone ever is able to find a video of the highlights ( featured on central sports special) then i would be most grateful!!!! :thumbup:

I have the Seasons highlights from that year.... right up to the Play Off Final..

I (just) remember going as a kid and being on the tele as me and my brother would dance on the pitch after goals. Some video tape in my Dads loft will show us doing something that was like an Irish jig on hot coals with a branding iron up our arses. Before fences, before it was "an arrestable offence to pass this point" and at that place in history when football was all about stupid facial hair and enjoyment.

No booing, no one being chucked out for persistant standing or carrying out behaviour likely to cause offence to the opposition's fans - thank fuck we've managed to sort all of that out.

No standing, no singing, no point.

They were the days, when home games were an experience and not a chore. When going to a home match was as good if not better than away matches.

I miss the place.

Even when we lost it seemed better than when we win at the Walkers, hang on we never win at the Walkers!

I remember one game.. cant remember who it was against but the club gave away 3,000 tickets to school kids and put them all in the top tier of the south stand above the away fans....

message came over the tannoy, i swear the guy was mocking the away fans when he said it...

" this is a message to the children sitting in the South stand above the away fans. Can you please stop chucking boiled sweets at the away fans"

they got biggest cheer of the game! :scarf:

Watford at home 1990 - a relegation six-pointer which we drew 0-0 against NINE men!

Didn't think I'd ever see a City side as poor as that again. Obviously I know differently now... :(

Keith Weller and his white tights,Frankie Worthington,Gary Lineker,Emile Heskey,etc etc

5-2 in the cup against Shrewsbury..3-0 in the cup against Norwich..Andy Peakes goal in the 2-0 win over Liverpool..Night matches..pen 2 or pen 3...crowd sway..Fantastic atmosphere created in the kop helped by the low roof of the Double Decker..The tent which made sure Leicester was on star soccer every sunday for weeks on end...WE ARE LEICESTER,SUPER LEICESTER,WE ARE LEICESTER,FROM FILBERT STREET... :scarf::clap::scarf::clap:

Here are some of MY images from the last game at filbert street.

Birch doing the last run at Filbert Street.

Photo005.jpg

Muzzy Izzet taking a freekick.

Photo006.jpg

Leicester trying to get on the Pitch.

Photo014.jpg

Players Walking around the Pitch

Photo016.jpg

On the Pitch

Photo031.jpg

:cry: Farewell Filbert Street :cry:

Photo002.jpg

• Like 1

Here are some of MY images from the last game at filbert street.

Birch doing the last run at Filbert Street.

Photo005.jpg

Muzzy Izzet taking a freekick.

Photo006.jpg

Leicester trying to get on the Pitch.

Photo014.jpg

Players Walking around the Pitch

Photo016.jpg

On the Pitch

Photo031.jpg

:cry: Farewell Filbert Street :cry:

Photo002.jpg

That last picture of the scoreboard is ****ing fantastic. Just sums up the whole place. Filbo any day.

I have never been to the Walkers. But I remember Filbert Street with so much affection. Being in the Kop when Wortho was doing his warm-up tricks...Lenny Glover flying down the wing...Stevie Earle....Graham Cross sticking it to anyone who came his way, Charlie George included. And the latter's V-sign to the Kop after the Arse fluked yet another 89th miinute FA Cup winner and the animal roar that came back. And how many were we? 39,000 odd? Happy days. :) And I say (speaking from Italy and knowing sod-all) let's stick with Holloway because he knows what he's talking about and will sort the club out.

Happy Christmas! Forza Genoa! :)

My greatest memory of Filbert Street has to be the very last game there, not the Spurs match but a match between Legends etc. My step dad was one of the officials that night, I can remember Auld Lang Syne been played at the end with all the legends joining hands and then suddenly the lights went off.

Goosepimples.

My greatest memory of Filbert Street has to be the very last game there, not the Spurs match but a match between Legends etc. My step dad was one of the officials that night, I can remember Auld Lang Syne been played at the end with all the legends joining hands and then suddenly the lights went off.

Goosepimples.

Bought a tear to my eye and not ashamed to admit it.

Then you heard the snapping of seat being broke for people to take home, and someone even put a stepladder up and unscrewed a sign outside the stadium.

:cry:

I've got a brick and a couple of signs I took from Filbert Street.

Bought a tear to my eye and not ashamed to admit it.

Then you heard the snapping of seat being broke for people to take home, and someone even put a stepladder up and unscrewed a sign outside the stadium.

:cry:

I've got a brick and a couple of signs I took from Filbert Street.

You were there that night as well then I take it?

I was lucky enough to get to have the chance to have one final look around the dressing rooms. I was only, what? 11 at the time, but that moment will stay with me for the rest of my life.

You were there that night as well then I take it?

I was lucky enough to get to have the chance to have one final look around the dressing rooms. I was only, what? 11 at the time, but that moment will stay with me for the rest of my life.

Yeah was an amazing night.

Reminiscing about Filbert Street so much really does make the Walkers look like its not got much going for it! lol