Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
purpleronnie

Filbert Street - The Legendary Home of Leicester City Football Club

My greatest memory of Filbert Street has to be the very last game there, not the Spurs match but a match between Legends etc. My step dad was one of the officials that night, I can remember Auld Lang Syne been played at the end with all the legends joining hands and then suddenly the lights went off.

Goosepimples.

remember that i was only 6/7 at the time. very emotional day. :cry:

Sniff... here's a piccy of Sooooooooper Stevie Claridge warming up in the last match at Filbert St... :cry:

scannedphotos033mk2.th.jpg

See the kop packed out and not even a proper match! :scarf:

Reckon I can also see Marshell, Robins and Taylor in the background there too - anyone else pick anyone out?

Edited by Trav Le Bleu

Aw, I loved Filbert Street so much. :wub: That last game, when the lights went out, I just dissolved. :cry: I was exceedingly pissed before I eventually stopped crying. :(

Mind you, the women's loos were pure hilarity! You didn't go unless you really needed to! :laugh:

I didn't go the VERY last game at Filbo between the legends but I did go the Spurs game.

I remember I went with my football club. But the weird thing was, I was the only person that was sad that it was the last game there. Nobody else seemed to care but I did even though I was only 9 or 10. I remember getting a tiny bit bored towards the end of the speeches that went on for a very long time :crylaugh:

Aw, I loved Filbert Street so much. :wub: That last game, when the lights went out, I just dissolved. :cry: I was exceedingly pissed before I eventually stopped crying. :(

Mind you, the women's loos were pure hilarity! You didn't go unless you really needed to! :laugh:

so usually ,you go to the toilets for social calls :unsure::whistle:

:D;)

am i the only one who does not miss filbo ? it was a bit like fratton park is now

ok i have some great memories but its a bit like remeniscing about my old triumph thunderbird or old girlfriends

( rose coloured specs)

Edited by I Zingari

so usually ,you go to the toilets for social calls :unsure::whistle:

:D;)

am i the only one who does not miss filbo ? it was a bit like fratton park is now

ok i have some great memories but its a bit like remeniscing about my old triumph thunderbird or old girlfriends

( rose coloured specs)

treason! :@

i seem to remember there was a tribute to filbert street video on the official website (similar to the muzy izzet one). It had bittersweet symphony as the backing track. Anyone got it? Or know where to find it? I think it was pretty ace, apart from it ended with a shot of the walkers with the caption "the future"...

Are you sure you really are a city fan ? I swear you're a cov fan on a wind up. You never seen Filbert St before and yet you call yourself a Leicester fan ...

Pretty much

I only started supporting 'em in the 03/04 season because I got a ST as a present :cool:

Wish I'd saved myself the misery now! lol

Filbo was brilliant.

I wish we could have just redeveloped it slightly rather than move to the Walkers :( we've lost so much soul and atmosphere.

newfilboni5.jpg

Here's the 30,000 seater Filbo that never was, with the pitch rotated so it ran from a new single-tier West Stand to the East stand, with the Double Decker and Carling Stand replacing the North Stand on the wings.

Edited by Mike the Metal Ed

Bloody hell their is no pleasing some people, okay Filbert Street as great and has a lot of memories for everyone including myself. But their is a time to move on, imagine being a top quality player and being shown the Walkers and Filbert Street, which one would they choose? Walkers is shit, do something about it! We will benefit in the long run.

Bloody hell their is no pleasing some people, okay Filbert Street as great and has a lot of memories for everyone including myself. But their is a time to move on, imagine being a top quality player and being shown the Walkers and Filbert Street, which one would they choose? Walkers is shit, do something about it! We will benefit in the long run.

Bring them down the tunnel backwards like Martin O'Neill did so they see the Carling Stand first :worship:

And also bear in mind - Imagine a top quality player coming to Leicester at the moment :S:giggle: