Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

COD 4

Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.

Wondered what all the fuss about this game was, Some of my mates have it and were raving about it, Read review, Saw bits on the TV about it, so decided to check it out for myself, went down town on Monday to try and get it, Morrisons, Asda, Argos, HMV, Game, Gamestation...Nowhere had it, so ordered it of play.com and got it yesterday, and gotta say it deserves all the good reviews, a really good game, but rock solid online.

Anyone else got it?

COD4 is one of the greatest games made for the next gen consoles, it is easy on single player but only if you have it on the easiest settings,

all in all the game gets 10/10 from me, but online on PS3 is not soo good, it takes forever to find a game only bad point, but when it finds a game it is amazing

Apparently it's really easy on one player mode.

But like you say I'm sure online is where it's at with this game. :thumbup:

Yeah to be honest it's really easy on the actual game (So far anyway, Only got it yesterday so could get harder I spose) but one of my mates completed it in 3 hours apparently (Not sure if I believe that) and my other mate reckons he completed it in 3 days.

Played 2 of my mates online last night, Finished last every time, Only killed them twice and got killed about 20 times myself. lol

Yeah to be honest it's really easy on the actual game (So far anyway, Only got it yesterday so could get harder I spose) but one of my mates completed it in 3 hours apparently (Not sure if I believe that) and my other mate reckons he completed it in 3 days.

Played 2 of my mates online last night, Finished last every time, Only killed them twice and got killed about 20 times myself. lol

Game makers claim its a 6 hour game if you do it perfectly straight through, but ive played it and it was a good game but i didnt think it deserves the huge fuss it has, prefer gears of war to be honest.

:thumbup:

I thought about getting it for 360, I've only really heard good things about it, but once again I've heard it's short on one player

Started and completed it on Tuesday night, which was a bit disappointing.

Also, I felt it lacked the immersive quality of COD3. I fancy taking it to be exchanged now - I haven't got Halo3 yet so it might get swapped for that.

I love Call of Duty 4. One of the most emmersive games I have ever played and it looks and plays extremely well.

I have been playing it while waiting for a proper patch for Unreal Tournament III as that game is so broken at the minute nobody is playing online. PS3 version of UT3 is fine though so don't let that put you off if your interested as it IS a great game.

Wow... 6 hours of gameplay!! W00p!!!

I could finish Sonic 2 in six hours. I actually prefer shorter games as they encourage replay. If I play a 40 hour+ game the chances are I am only going to play it once. I have played COD4 single player several times through now including the hardest difficulty using no saves plus I play it online too.

All 120 stars!!??? :blink:

Then 120 with Luigi!??

Then the 'extra' 2!!?

lol Your so predicatable I knew you'd say that. Trap fallen into.

No just the bare 61 to complete the game. The basic game, of course that probabley doesn't do all the extras justice, but then you've changed the boundaries to suit your own arguement haven't you. As while you could probabley get through COD 4 in six hours, you fail to mention the four or five difficulty settings, the 37 unlockable achievements, and the fantastic online play which has endless playabilty. So if we're going to strip games down like you have, Mario galaxy isn't that long either!

You are probabley the most obviously biast person in the world.

Best game on the 360 so far without doubt

Has anyone completed it on Veteran yet?

FKING HELL

I've reached the missile level where you go through the underground facility

however on Veteran you get 9 MINUTES to do it, and NO CHECKPOINTS, and the normal 2ish shots in a row death

I thought yea great i'm storming through this on hardest, but this mission is ridiculous. There were a couple that took me ages on veteran such as the one where your on a gun in the helicopter as you get shot at the start within 5 seconds, very frustration and I coouldn't work out who was shooting me.

Gameplay is amazing, i was sceptical with it being modern warfare as i enjoyed the old war scenario's in the previous ones but you do EVERYTHING

the mission after the credits is brilliant, you have to eliminate terrorists on a hijacked plane in 90 seconds (60 on veteran), use the black and white screen bombing, use, sniper levels, proper assassination, everything

Brilliant!

lol Your so predicatable I knew you'd say that. Trap fallen into.

No just the bare 61 to complete the game. The basic game, of course that probabley doesn't do all the extras justice, but then you've changed the boundaries to suit your own arguement haven't you. As while you could probabley get through COD 4 in six hours, you fail to mention the four or five difficulty settings, the 37 unlockable achievements, and the fantastic online play which has endless playabilty. So if we're going to strip games down like you have, Mario galaxy isn't that long either!

You are probabley the most obviously biast person in the world.

lol

Ahhh, but fell into my initial trap!!! Bwa ha ha!!! ;)

I may be bias, but even I know no-one in their right mind is going to buy CoD4 for it's single player!

But then that's my point. What if you don't have broadband... (I know some people still can't get it!! :o ) Or hate homophobic, teenaged Americans. There are no FPS's left where the single player mode is any good (Bioshock being the exception!)

lol

I may be bias, but even I know no-one in their right mind is going to buy CoD4 for it's single player!

But then that's my point. What if you don't have broadband... (I know some people still can't get it!! :o ) Or hate homophobic, teenaged Americans. There are no FPS's left where the single player mode is any good (Bioshock being the exception!)

Orange Box? Plank?

You can switch the Voices off you know. :rolleyes:

lol

My xBox live ran out and i haven't renewed due to my place in London having dodgy connection and so a waste of money...

However, i still have:

COD2

COD3

COD4

Halo3

Blacksite

Masseffect

Battlefield 2

a few Tom Clancey's - Rainbow Six being amazing online

Single player games are a lot longer if like manwell says you look behind just coasting through the story on easy

As i said earlier COD4 is one of the greatest games i have ever played, it does have everything even nuclear bombs going off, such a great game ALL HAIL THE CREATORS.

Thast assassin level was sooo hard when those people came after you, the last level was the best i thought for the fact it was set in an aeroplane :D

Anyone got it on the PS3???? if so post your names up on the PS3 owners thingy please :cheers:

Orange Box? Plank?

Portal is an awesome single player game as are Half Life 2 and Episodes i and ii. Bioshock and Crysis are awesome single players and F.E.A.R had a very good one too. Call of Duty 2 and 4 are both excellent single player games and have a cinematic quality that is unrivalled because of its use of sound, graphics and first-person perspective. CoD4 with a high resolution and good sound is a truely awesome game.

Orange Box? Plank?

Team fortress!?!?

HL2 is about 4-5 years old! Episodes are short and don't count!

My xBox live ran out and i haven't renewed due to my place in London having dodgy connection and so a waste of money...

However, i still have:

COD2

COD3

COD4

Halo3

Blacksite

Masseffect

Battlefield 2

a few Tom Clancey's - Rainbow Six being amazing online

Single player games are a lot longer if like manwell says you look behind just coasting through the story on easy

I don't 'know' many people who would own those games without the Online content!

As i said earlier COD4 is one of the greatest games i have ever played, it does have everything even nuclear bombs going off, such a great game ALL HAIL THE CREATORS.

Thast assassin level was sooo hard when those people came after you, the last level was the best i thought for the fact it was set in an aeroplane :D

Anyone got it on the PS3???? if so post your names up on the PS3 owners thingy please :cheers:

Have you done the escape on on hardest?

I got to the end quickly, but the bit where you sit and wait for the helicopter is unbelieveably hard, and only 1 checkpoint

although i found an easy way :)

next to the ferris wheel, theres a little building, like a control room for the wheel, go prone in there

grenades don't kill you through the wall, throw back any that come in, and if you get flashbanged just shoot into the doorway while your blind to kill on rushers...

then when the chopper arrives, run to the man, pick him up and run in the chopper

I spent an hour trying to fight them all on veteran and it got me nowhere, so cowarded to victory

Team fortress!?!?

HL2 is about 4-5 years old! Episodes are short and don't count!

I don't 'know' many people who would own those games without the Online content!

lol - so short they don't count lol, sorry they aren't Wii games, of course they don't count rolleyes: :crylaugh:

Halo 3's single player is suppose to be absloutley stand up as well :rolleyes: I just don't think you can hack the fact that we have access to all these quality games and your stuck with Mario Galaxy for all eternity.

Archived