Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

The wife. Try as she might, she can never find third gear on my car. It's painful letting her behind the wheel of my car, I'm seriously considering taking her off my insurance, certainly a cheaper alternative to a new gearbox.

My girlfriend's approach to driving is that you must always be either accelerating as hard as possible or breaking as hard as possible. All whilst being in the wrong gear and moaning about other motorists.

I've learnt not to say anything.

• Like 1

People who use words they don't mean. For instance, "he was literally on fire". No he bloody wasn't :@

I hate people that can't say words properly, or pretend they cant say them - like the word spaghetti, its not cute to pronounce it wrong it's just stupid!!! >_<

People that say 'pacifically' instead of 'Specifically'.

That really grinds my gears, that and my damn parents.... lousy beatnicks.

All the polish temporary workers that have been brought into my workplace. I have nothing against foreigners its just that none of them most of them choose not to speak the english tongue which is bloody annoying when all 50 of them are jabbering away in polish :@

I mean if I imigranted of to spain or portugul I would be considered rude if I didn't learn their national language!

NO! Don't give me a thread like this. I'll be camped out in here for months. :frusty:

Ok, ermm...

The number of disabled parking bays - especially in car parks that are miles from bloody anywhere anyway. Anyone disabled with half a brain would never sodding well park there in the first place. The number of times it's impossible to find a parking space in a city centre but there are fecking acres of empty disabled spaces. :@

And kids that are thick as ermm, something very thick, and never put any bloody effort into their work who constantly miss 'proper'(!!) lessons to swan off to some piss-easy peripathetic (yeah, yeah, I know!) music lesson. No homework... you give 'em lunchtime detention (but they can't do that cos they have piano)... ok, well do it for tomorrow then ("but I won't have time, Miss - I've got violin practise tonight")... Arrrrrggghhhhhh! Fine, at least later in life you'll be terrific at busking, now go tell someone that gives a toss :glare:

There's lots more - I'm generally very stroppy - I'll keep you updated with the latest installments. :P

My girlfriend's approach to driving is that you must always be either accelerating as hard as possible or breaking as hard as possible. All whilst being in the wrong gear and moaning about other motorists.

I've learnt not to say anything.

My girlfriend is one of the best drivers that I know. Fortunately she doesn't come on here so doesn't need to know I said that

What really annoys me is when people start threads that are almost identical to ones that were doing the rounds a couple of months ago! :@

Annoying Thread :thumbup:

On the subject of car parking, one Christmas at Asda in Oadby I was parked in their car park in a section where the driveway goes around in a C. I came back to find myself (and other irate drivers (or, as the case was at the time, non-drivers)) blocked in by 4 cars who had decided to park in the driveway's in and out lanes. These 4 cars blocked in approximately 30 cars. There was wasn't much peace and goodwill for the first of the 4 idiots that returned!

I find there are so many car related things that annoy me. Double parking in bays (usually by flash Beemers who don't wanna get their paint scratched). It should be permissable to key such cars! Motorway middle lane cruisers, or worse yet, people doing 65 in the outside lane of the motorway. Sports cars driven slowly on country lanes (just what is the point old man - finally, in your dotage, you can afford a Porsche, but you no longer have the desire or ability to use it as intended!) They dirve fast inbetween bends, when they have a straight line, but slow down to 40 or 30 for bends, forcing me in my bog standard Mondeo to slow down. Swap cars mate! Your driving experience would be remarkably similar, whilst mine is much improved! Lorries overtaking lorries on the motorway - have they nothing better to do for the next 10 miles!?! Oh, and here's a good personal one. On the A47 near Thorney Toll I had a car right up my backside whilst I was doing 70 (which, given, is illegal, but only exasperates me more - I mean, I'm already breaking the limit by 10 mph, how much faster do you want me to go!?) Finally he get a straight piece of road to overtake me on... only to turn right 150-200 metres down the road, forcing me to brake to a halt and wait for him. Tosser! :@

I'm going to have a lie down :mellow:

PS, Daggers - Culturally Insensitive - :crylaugh:

Edited by Trav Le Bleu

YES!

My wife finds it impossible to find a middle ground between not touching the accelerator pedal and depressing it rapidly to the floor. I think the fact that she doesn't pay for the petrol has assisted her in that - or rather, the fact that she doesn't pay the damn credit card bill. :angry:

Also, thanks to some NHS training program, she informed me yesterday that it is culturally insensitive to ask people to look at you while you are talking to them. I had a fit that Thracian would've been proud of. In my ****ing culture it is culturally insensitive not to look at the person talking to you because it means you're not ****ing listening. Grr. :@

God, really? Christ, I'm glad nobody forced me to attend that when I worked for them I find it virtually impossible to talk to somebody without maintaining eye contact (unless it's on the phone when it's different) I have to move to see someone I can't see them.

This bloody country! :@

What really annoys me is when people start threads that are almost identical to ones that were doing the rounds a couple of months ago! :@

Annoying Thread :thumbup:

On the subject of car parking, one Christmas at Asda in Oadby I was parked in their car park in a section where the driveway goes around in a C. I came back to find myself (and other irate drivers (or, as the case was at the time, non-drivers)) blocked in by 4 cars who had decided to park in the driveway's in and out lanes. These 4 cars blocked in approximately 30 cars. There was wasn't much peace and goodwill for the first of the 4 idiots that returned!

I find there are so many car related things that annoy me. Double parking in bays (usually by flash Beemers who don't wanna get their paint scratched). It should be permissable to key such cars! Motorway middle lane cruisers, or worse yet, people doing 65 in the outside lane of the motorway. Sports cars driven slowly on country lanes (just what is the point old man - finally, in your dotage, you can afford a Porsche, but you no longer have the desire or ability to use it as intended!) They dirve fast inbetween bends, when they have a straight line, but slow down to 40 or 30 for bends, forcing me in my bog standard Mondeo to slow down. Swap cars mate! Your driving experience would be remarkably similar, whilst mine is much improved! Lorries overtaking lorries on the motorway - have they nothing better to do for the next 10 miles!?! Oh, and here's a good personal one. On the A47 near Thorney Toll I had a car right up my backside whilst I was doing 70 (which, given, is illegal, but only exasperates me more - I mean, I'm already breaking the limit by 10 mph, how much faster do you want me to go!?) Finally he get a straight piece of road to overtake me on... only to turn right 150-200 metres down the road, forcing me to brake to a halt and wait for him. Tosser! :@

I'm going to have a lie down :mellow:

PS, Daggers - Culturally Insensitive - :crylaugh:

This is constantly happening to me, I put my brakes on sharply it tends to pull the buggers back. One day it may end in disaster but they have to live with that.

the increasing overuse of 'for me' when expressing an opinion, or sometimes just randomly inserting it into a sentence in place of a comma...

ie -

Murphy vs Selby final for me, best mates and their match at the last World Champs was a cracker.

it's not always bad, but it's becoming like 'at the end of the day' in its overuse...

also, the fact that the FT search engine won't allow me to search for the hundreds of examples on this board, beacuse 'one or more of the words is less than four letters long' or something.

thank you google:

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/index.ph...st&p=926012

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/index.ph...st&p=939888

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/index.ph...st&p=600364

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/index.ph...st&p=974153

nb - these are just the first few examples i found, i don't know if any of these posters are particularly bad...

Brilliant, I'm glad this thread was started. Was watching that episode of Family Guy the other night and thought it needed to be a thread on here.

Ok, my first gripe, and i'm sure i've mentioned this on here before, perfectly able-bodied people who get on the bus only to get off at the next stop. I'm basing this on where I live in London where stops are only about 150 yards apart most of the time. :@ and people wonder why we've got an obesity problem if the most simple opportunities to get any kind of exercise in everyday life are avoided for sheer laziness. Fair enough if you're going a couple of miles but 150-200 yards.... Grrrrr!

People that do 80 or even just 70 km per hour on the motorway.

Drivers overtaking you on the right on the motorway (btw, I'm speaking of the Continental Europe way of lanes).

People placing their car on reserved parking spots - it's not like the bloody sign was put there as a piece of art, y'know.

People driving to their workplace ALONE in a car with three to four seats left empty.

People driving to their workplace ALONE in a car with three to four seats left empty and then, at the same time, complaining about the high petrol prices.

Immigrants that don't give a shit learning the mother tongue of their host country.

Customer helpdesks - play that funky 08/15 music again, white boy! whilst I'm waiting for another 10 minutes on the line.

Customer Helpdesks that just don't give a damn informing you about a status update of your item that is being repaired.

People that don't manage to lend you an ear whilst you're talking to them.

And yes, people that can't walk for just a few hundred metres, instead having to get off at just the following bus stop.

Generally elderly people who manage to block almost the entire doorway with their groceries.

Elderly people that can't handle small change in their pockets.

And many more... lol

Edited by Alexei

People at my uni who seem to try and be the most politically correct people on the planet. Environment Awareness week really annoyed me. Also the idiots who right the uni newspaper making everything out to be anti-student/racist/discriminatory.

People who tell me to turn my heating down by 1 degree.

The EU.

Students who moan about student fees.

Fair Trade.

People with small carbon footprints.

Coldplay.

Amnesty International.

Vegetarians & Vegans.

Organic Food.

Sex and the City

Bono & Bob Geldof

1, people over the age of 6 who wear clowns wigs at the football (grow up your not funny!!!)

2,Chris Moyles (see above)

3,people who speak with that strange accent if your a brummie cockney scouser etc... speak like one not this innit braap shite(grow up twats)

4,Caravans (snails with wheels)

5 Ug boots or whatever there called (not sexy)

6 Golf (whats the point? take a dog for a walk more enjoyable)

7, Ray Quinn (just want to punch him)

8, Big Brother ( whats the point of watching pondlife zzz list scum)

feels better off my chest

Regards

old git

RecyclingRebecca_blacklogo_(o)_large.jpg

****ing environmentalists.

97% of them didn't even get a gc****ingse in Science let along common sense...and yet they follow the recyling mantra like a command from God. (NB. Religeous ****ers piss me off too - go read some ****ing Dawkins and take your bleeding glasses for the blind off). Recycling ****ing paper? Don't make me ****ing puke. Forests are built for the production of ****ing paper you ****ing morons. That's MORE ****ing trees thanks to our profligate use of paper.