Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

47 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

crazy nick banned for 8 weeks for "lack of best efforts". hope he appeals and tries to claim that was his best effort. 

He's actually got three as long as he agrees to go and see a nob head doctor who will treat him for being a nob head. 

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Vienna in the bag, now within 500 points of Nole. Chances of making it to the top getting bigger and bigger.

It's gonna be an interesting week this. 

Novak has asserted that he is 100% and back on top form with something to play for in holding on to his top spot, but then he would say that so I'll reserve judgement until I see him play. Not convinced. 

Murray on the other hand has played alot of tennis recently in pursuit of the No.1 rank, and can become a lot more beatable if he does that. Depends on how his body is holding up. 

39 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

It's gonna be an interesting week this. 

Novak has asserted that he is 100% and back on top form with something to play for in holding on to his top spot, but then he would say that so I'll reserve judgement until I see him play. Not convinced. 

Murray on the other hand has played alot of tennis recently in pursuit of the No.1 rank, and can become a lot more beatable if he does that. Depends on how his body is holding up. 

I think that's pretty accurate. I wouldn't want to put money on either of their progress this week.

Really hoping Murray can deliver, though.

13 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Damn, that's a bug with the mobile site, I think.

Anyway, if I remember right Murray has been one win away from the top before. He had to win the Wimbledon final against Fed in 2012 and he would have done it.

Let's hope tomorrow is more successful.

Not sure he has mate. Well at least he doesn't think he has lol Really hope he does it though. What an achievement it will be :appl:

"Maybe there were a few more nerves today knowing that the world number one was possible but once you are out there on court it didn't bother me," he told Sky Sports.

"I have never been in that position of playing for the world number one spot before so I don't know how I will deal with it tomorrow"

12 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Not sure he has mate. Well at least he doesn't think he has lol Really hope he does it though. What an achievement it will be :appl:

"Maybe there were a few more nerves today knowing that the world number one was possible but once you are out there on court it didn't bother me," he told Sky Sports.

"I have never been in that position of playing for the world number one spot before so I don't know how I will deal with it tomorrow"

Yeah, just checked the stats and I've had a mare there. No idea why I thought he could have got there back then.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Rubbish that he pulled out, oh well, look forward to the final tomorrow... he plays isner 

Yeah it's a shame, and I'm sure it's not the way Murray wanted to achieve it. He'll be able to relax tomorrow though, no pressure.

23 hours ago, leicsmac said:

@Manwell Pablo

I didn't get the chance to see your reply before the Foxes Talk Great Nuking Of 2016, mind repeating it?

Murray saves seven set points in the tie breaker vs Berdych and wins it, mental.

I cant remember mate.

it was something along the lines of I knew Djokovic wasn't quite there and I'll be interested to see if Murray can go all the way Given how much he has played but obviously after today's events I'll be amazed if he doesnt lift the trophy normally eats isner for breakfast.

well done Andy didn't think I'd see this full stop never mind before the end of the season

great performance from Andy Murray and he has had a fantastic year and fully deserves to be called WORLD NUMBER ONE, he has played an awful lot of tennis lately to get to the number one spot and he has worked so hard for it which will make it all the more worthwile. congratulations Andy