Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

Just now, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I do feel sorry for her. It must feel like she's playing against a whole country at the moment.

You could tell it was getting to her when she covered her ears.

That's the first time I can recall turning a match off like that. My stomach felt like it was in a knot and I'm not the one playing lol

New York tried the disrespectful act, luckily they failed.

Great mental toughness from Bianca to reset herself at 5-5, thank god we didn't witness an epic choke.

First of many for Bianca I think, there's many good youngsters coming through but she's a different beast.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, kingfox said:

New York tried the disrespectful act, luckily they failed.

Great mental toughness from Bianca to reset herself at 5-5, thank god we didn't witness an epic choke.

First of many for Bianca I think, there's many good youngsters coming through but she's a different beast.

What was disrespectful? I turned it off after she won she seemed to be getting a standing ovation to me.

22 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

What was disrespectful? I turned it off after she won she seemed to be getting a standing ovation to me.

Their antics from 5-1 onwards were pathetic, blatantly trying to put her off and get into her head.

Luckily she reset herself at 5-5 and went onto win. 

Crowd then rose from their disappointed slumber to show the Champion some deserving respect, they soon cleared when Bianca paraded round court with the trophy though.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Well done to Murray, must be happy with this week.

He's probably playing about top 30 (?) level right now, which isn't half bad given he's the first singles player to ever play competitively again after a procedure like the one he's had.

Hopefully he'll continue to improve as he gets match-fit and aware again - there's still time for a swansong.

15 hours ago, leicsmac said:

He's probably playing about top 30 (?) level right now, which isn't half bad given he's the first singles player to ever play competitively again after a procedure like the one he's had.

Hopefully he'll continue to improve as he gets match-fit and aware again - there's still time for a swansong.

Ive struggled to watch a lot this week as time difference but I’d not get too carried away just yet. We will see, still like I said very productive week for him and he should be very happy with it.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/49975167

Thoughts? Similar to shouting leave it to an opposition player in football. It's unsportsmanlike. Fognini can say Murray needs to lighten up, but it's a competitive match, and you shouldn't be pissing about to put off your opponent. 

6 hours ago, Facecloth said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/49975167

Thoughts? Similar to shouting leave it to an opposition player in football. It's unsportsmanlike. Fognini can say Murray needs to lighten up, but it's a competitive match, and you shouldn't be pissing about to put off your opponent. 

"There are a lot of things I need to get better at. I will go away and work on those things and be in a better position when I next play against him.

He sounds pretty pissed off I know that lol 

35 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Tsitsipas and Zverev with wins over Djokovic and Federer today.

Can they finally do it on a regular basis next season, especially in Slams :fc:

Maybe but I doubt it.

I watched Zverev play Rublev yesterday, that lads brain is his worst enemy. Supremly talanted but needs to sort his Sweed out.

On 11/10/2019 at 14:11, kingfox said:

Tsitsipas and Zverev with wins over Djokovic and Federer today.

Can they finally do it on a regular basis next season, especially in Slams :fc:

Got to love a bit of Gavin.

Tsitsipas and Zverev have arrived! (Daniil Medvedev goes through them both in straight sets)