Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

On 03/08/2019 at 03:49, lcfcben76 said:

Kyrgios is sheer class. Have watched every one of his matches this week and I'm convinced that he can be world number one one day. When he puts his mind to it like he has so far this week and like he did in Acapulco earlier in the year, he will consistently win tournaments. So entertaining as well and that serve...

Sheer class? 

There's nothing classy about him at all lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Kyrgios off on one again. Thing is with him, he's usually right about what he's saying just at times over does it when arguing his point. In this case, you can't challenge after the score is called. And the other day when he got a time  violation whilst regripping his racquet, he didn't tell him opponent not to serve (which Rafa was doing to Kyrgios at Wimbledon) he told him he could serve whilst he carried on regripping.

8 hours ago, leicsmac said:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/tennis/49530014

Fed a little annoyed - personally I don't think he asks for favourable scheduling but seeing as he's ATP royalty and has been for years I don't think that he has to.

They did fck Evans over a bit, still at the end of the day he’d of lost in straight sets regardless.

12 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

I hope she wins but how weak is Konta mentally?..never known a player break so often early on, yet absolutely crumbles when try to close anything out.

Bet she supports Spurs

Through to the quarters. :thumbup:

In other news, fans booing off Djokovic after he retired with an injured shoulder. Classy.

8 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Through to the quarters. :thumbup:

In other news, fans booing off Djokovic after he retired with an injured shoulder. Classy.

Yeah, odd one, he is a bellend mind you so never mind, hopefully Rog can drag his ancient legs to no.21 and open a bit of daylight up on the other two.

Konta has been very resurgent this year hasn't she. Had some great slam results. As much as I hate to admit Gavin has a point she is a bit of a bottler though so winning a slam highly unlikely.

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Yeah, odd one, he is a bellend mind you so never mind, hopefully Rog can drag his ancient legs to no.21 and open a bit of daylight up on the other two.

Konta has been very resurgent this year hasn't she. Had some great slam results. As much as I hate to admit Gavin has a point she is a bit of a bottler though so winning a slam highly unlikely.

I think shes done better than anyone could have imagined she'd do, so anything more is a bonus. I'm not sure you can call someone a bottle when they exceed expectations.

Edited by Facecloth

2 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

She's been great in Slams this season but at the French and Wimbledon, the matches she lost we all expected her to win, seems to bottle it when she's the favourite.

Big chance again for her but her record against Svitolina is shit, Svitolina will more than likely get her into long rallies, drag her down and Konta's shitty forehand will probably turn into a mess.

2 hours ago, Facecloth said:

I think shes done better than anyone could have imagined she'd do, so anything more is a bonus. I'm not sure you can call someone a bottle when they exceed expectations.

Yeah like he says its because shes done well had a couple of great chances to progress even further in extremely winnable games she’s been the favourite to win and not turned up.

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Yeah like he says its because shes done well had a couple of great chances to progress even further in extremely winnable games she’s been the favourite to win and not turned up.

Oh yeah she should have won those matches, they were huge opportunities. But then if you'd told me a few years back she'd have got to numerous grand slam semis and quarters, Been ranked 4th in the world and consistently been ranked in the top 20, I'd have thought you were mental. So swings and roundabouts.