Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

Novak seems such a weird and complex guy to deal with but can't deny he's one of the best their has ever been? 

Genuine question to those that know the game better than me, in terms of ability where does he sit when it comes to the best ever? Above Sampras? Nadal?

If he wins more majors than Federer will people see him as the greatest? 

2 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Novak seems such a weird and complex guy to deal with but can't deny he's one of the best their has ever been? 

Genuine question to those that know the game better than me, in terms of ability where does he sit when it comes to the best ever? Above Sampras? Nadal?

If he wins more majors than Federer will people see him as the greatest? 

He’s a tool.

Has less natural technical ability than Fed. Nowhere near as good on clay as Nadal. But probably the most complete tennis player I’ve seen.

Sampras is massively over rated. Prime Murray deals with Prime Sampras comfortably on any surface.

• Like 2

Djokovic tries so desperately hard to be liked, but he just isnt that nice a guy. I wish he'd embrace a villian role a bit more.

Hopefully Thiem wins it all now, think he is most deserving. Probably be Medvedev though. Rublev dark horse. 

Edited by martyn

Nadal for me is the best ever, but unfortunately his body hasn’t been able to keep up with him. I think i am right in saying both Novak and Rafa has a winning head to head over Federer? If they had all started at the same time Fed wouldn’t have had anywhere near as many slams. 

2 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Nadal for me is the best ever, but unfortunately his body hasn’t been able to keep up with him. I think i am right in saying both Novak and Rafa has a winning head to head over Federer? If they had all started at the same time Fed wouldn’t have had anywhere near as many slams. 

Despise Djokovic but he’s a better all round player than Nadal. Easily, he leads their h2h and Nadal relies heavily on clay court wins to even make it close. Just like he relies on French open wins to make himself relevant on the all time grand slam winners list.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Despise Djokovic but he’s a better all round player than Nadal. Easily, he leads their h2h and Nadal relies heavily on clay court wins to even make it close. Just like he relies on French open wins to make himself relevant on the all time grand slam winners list.

He’s won grand slams on all surfaces. If he’s playing at the top of his ability he is winning against both those guys, irrespective of surface. 

Just now, rachhere said:

He’s won grand slams on all surfaces. If he’s playing at the top of his ability he is winning against both those guys, irrespective of surface. 

They’ve all won grand slams on all surfaces.

Nadal is a clay merchant, has more wins at the French than the other three put together. Djokovic without question is the more complete player.

24 minutes ago, rachhere said:

No chance. 

Djokovic is a much better hard court player than Nadal, and imo a slightly better grass court player. 

Federer slightly better on hard than Nadal and comfortably better on Grass. The Fed Nadal matchup is skewed somewhat as the Nadal forehand is like kryptonite to the Fed single handed backhand

Obviously Nadal wipes the floor with anyone on clay. 

Edited by martyn

9 minutes ago, martyn said:

No chance. 

Djokovic is a much better hard court player than Nadal, and imo a slightly better grass court player. 

Federer slightly better on hard than Nadal and comfortably better on Grass. The Fed Nadal matchup is skewed somewhat as the Nadal forehand is like kryptonite to the Fed single handed backhand

Obviously Nadal wipes the floor with anyone on clay. 

He’s much better on grass. Nadal had two years of dominance of the tennis world and he picked up Wimbledon titles.

Since then he’s struggled massively on grass. 

Edited by Manwell Pablo

11 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Difficult to tell from that blurry clip but ****ing hell Jack Grealish would be chuffed with that. You'd think he'd landed a 90mph serve on her chin.

Apparently it hit her in the throat, if that's true that's going to hurt even at that speed tbf. 

22 minutes ago, kingfox said:

From set 4 yes.

But as @martyn said that was a chokeathon. 

Zverev and his double faults were fvcking pathetic...again.

Behave man, you’re all spoilt watching three of the best of all time.

Of course there were nerves, maiden grand slam win up for grabs. Still some absolutely disgustingly good shots played especially by Thiem.

Edited by Manwell Pablo